Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-725.html)

I missed adding the 1982 Audi Quattro to the German brigade.

The 1:18 scale model featured here is by Sun Star and is amply detailed except for a few glitches like improper alignment of decals and some large panel gaps.

@Amar: You've got a very good collection and your pics are superb:thumbs up
@flotsam: Congrats on your haul. The Opel Vivaro looks interesting
@Bandhav: Nice shot with those bikes.:thumbs up

Here's my VW vans and a Bettle.

Siddvi, your VW van collection is unique and comprehensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddvi (Post 2582803)
@Amar: You've got a very good collection and your pics are superb:thumbs up
@flotsam: Congrats on your haul. The Opel Vivaro looks interesting
@Bandhav: Nice shot with those bikes.:thumbs up

Three new cars added to my 1:18 garage today!
Lambo Gallardo Superleggera - Maisto
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Welly
Lambo Murcielago - Maisto

The Gallardo and GT3 RS are of great quality for their price.
The Murcie disappoints though. Ill fitting doors and poor paint job near the doors
(it was actually a replacement to the Audi TT i had ordered as the seller was not able to source it in a month)

Here go the pics!

Maisto, BBurago and to an extent Welly are built to a price and can be termed compromises at best.

If this is to be taken up seriously as a hobby, invest in better brands like Auto Art, Kyosho, Minichamps, Sun Star, etc. You will / may end up having fewer models in your collection but the shear detail and finish of these models increase your viewing pleasure and collection value manifold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 2583139)
Three new cars added to my 1:18 garage today!
Lambo Gallardo Superleggera - Maisto
Porsche 911 GT3 RS - Welly
Lambo Murcielago - Maisto

The Gallardo and GT3 RS are of great quality for their price.
The Murcie disappoints though. Ill fitting doors and poor paint job near the doors
(it was actually a replacement to the Audi TT i had ordered as the seller was not able to source it in a month)

Here go the pics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar (Post 2583149)
Maisto, BBurago and to an extent Welly are built to a price and can be termed compromises at best.

If this is to be taken up seriously as a hobby, invest in better brands like Auto Art, Kyosho, Minichamps, Sun Star, etc. You will / may end up having fewer models in your collection but the shear detail and finish of these models increase your viewing pleasure and collection value manifold.

Sure i will head into the brands you ve mentioned very soon. I m just a starter in scale model collections. Have a little over 15 models all bburagos and maistos.. (only one autoart!)
Have been amused many a times by the finish and intricate details of autoart models. will venture into them soon!

Manish, I have just bought my first Tamiya model. It would be great if you could help me out with the build. I am in Bangalore too, so is there anyway we could meet? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar (Post 2583149)

Serious hobby , then I would suggest CMC. Period. Exoto, Schuco are also brilliant. Only after these comes AutoArt, Minichamps, Franklin Mint, Kyosho.

The downside is, CMC's average costs are 400 USD. But their ONE shark nosed F1 models will be enough for tons of AutoART/Minichamps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 2460862)
I've got that on order :-) ... looking forward to holding it soon

The Porsche transporter by Schuco!!!.

I have been itching to buy this !!!. they also have a exquisitely crafted VW van in the same theme.

If you keep the bill, box and the model in reasonable shape, I bet it will be worth easily 1000 USD or more in the future. Schuco doesnt repeat production of most of their models.

I agree about the sheer awesomeness of CMC,Exoto and Schuco.Also,TrueScale Miniatures looks very promising.Only problem is these brands are super expensive and have rather limited catalogues.If you are interested in more modern subjects,AutoArt,Kyosho and Minichamps are the best brands on offer for detailed 1:18 diecast metal scale-model cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2552358)
Amar,

That is great news. But I am bankcrupt now. May be I will pick up one 1:43 model :)

Manish, I have just bought my first Tamiya model. It would be great if you could help me out with the build. I am in Bangalore too, so is there anyway we could meet? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Red Devil (Post 2583529)

Sure just send over your contact details, will chat over phone and can meet up on next weekend if we are free.

By the way what you picked, please post pictures.

Haven't posted anything on here in ages so I thought I'd share some newer photos of my collection.
Here's a Ferrari F40 and a Ferrari Enzo (Test Car) in 1:12 scale by Kyosho.
Hope you guys like what you see!

Friends,

Recently I purchased 1:18 Alfa Romeo Montreal by AutoArt in Orange, I did a photo shoot but it did not came out good.

This shoot out was done in early morning, as suggested by some friends and it came out good.

By the way I clubbed the Lamborghini Miura by BBurago which is also in orange.

So here you go with the two Bertone beauties, need we say any more.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00255.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00259.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00260.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00261.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00262.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00263.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00265.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00268.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00269.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00270.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00271.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00272.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc00275.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2583686)
So here you go with the two Bertone beauties, need we say any more.

Manish Bhai - The Montreal has made my day AND my week buddy ! Monday doesn't seem scary any more, with the energy your pics have given me.:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by siddvi (Post 2582803)

Lovely Veedubs Siddvi - quite a line up !!
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar (Post 2582515)
I missed adding the 1982 Audi Quattro to the German brigade.

The 1:18 scale model featured here is by Sun Star and is amply detailed except for a few glitches like improper alignment of decals and some large panel gaps.

Ahhh, Amar - the last of the great rally Audis ! What memories..