Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-717.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar (Post 2509767)
Manish, your Vespa collection is fantastic, especially the Singapore haul. After seeing your first haul at Model Art, Bangalore, I went to many toy shops here in Pune but none of them seemed to even know about Maist's new launch! After following with one shop owner, I got just one: a 1964 grey coloured example.

The Vespas are indeed fine collectables and Maisto has done a reasonably good job.

Your Jeep will be a fine model once it is assembled. You are good at assembling kits. your Mini's "body work" is pending.

Some images of a rallying legend, again from Italy, this time it is the Lancia Delta Integrale. The well detailed and finished 1:18 scale Kyosho is a miniature of the car that took part in the Sanremo rally of 1993 and was 3rd placed.

The Lancia (either a plane body version or in rally colours) is a must have to a collector who focuses on rally machines.

My Lancia Delta was procured from Rakhesh's Automania who are authorised Kyosho distributors.

Yes Amar, my vespa collection is shaping real good especially after the Singapore haul. In india we have to be on mercy of shopkeepers / Maisto officials for having the whole range. By the way the first lot of scoots in Bangalore have sold like hot cakes, I do not know whether serious collectors bought them or parents to give some toys to their kids.

This Military Jeep along with the Fire Jeep would be nice twins. As for the Mini copper there was one big road block. I will picture that and post once i am back.

And then your Lancia is just the right stuff to have, Which i will one day :D.

Not only a scale model, but also a workhorse. Can be made to order. Location : HSR Layout

Ravindra: That's a most interesting truck model indeed ! So many details have been captured well. Does someone make these ?? Price ??

Amit: Lovely Woody ! I have a similar one by Welly, but I think yours looks better..

Amar: Your Italian line is giving me sleepless nights. I'm sure God is Italian :)

Manish: Fabulous Vespas, buddy ! Not all are available here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 2510160)
Ravindra: That's a most interesting truck model indeed ! So many details have been captured well. Does someone make these ?? Price ??

@SuperSelect :
The local carpenter makes these to order and it seems that he already sold 2 of them at Rs.4000 each. I didn't try to find the "negotiated" deal price to respect his creativity.

Wow..that is a nice truck. IIRC i had couple of buses specially made by some guys at MSRTC ( my uncle was working there then). Unfortunately were broken by one of my crooked cousin, as she never liked the idea of me playing with them. One of them was green Asiad Tata bus and a red yellow TMB forward control bus ( was made of metal sheets). Wish those were with me..

Heres my 1:18 Sunstar Lancia Stratos. The detailing is great but the quality and finish could have been better. I love the way the drivers blood groups are stickered on the door sills. Still a spectacular model for the price. I think this will go well with the current Italian Rally Car trend on the forum.:thumbs up

Ravi: Thanks for the compliment, i am loving it. Today I visited China Town and it has "The Tintin Shop". I was thrilled.

It's filled with lot of merchandise of Tintin like stuffed toys, tshirts, comics, model dioramas.

What interesting is that they also have Model cars and model car dioramas, however they are costly but you love them in first glance.

Here you can find more info on the shop
http://www.openthetoy.com/2011/03/tintin...apore.html

And here is list of models are available (all classic and vintage) includes some ships at their website.
http://www.thetintinshop.uk.com/acatalog..._Cars.html

For me it was childhood revisited, however not enoughf to spend S$ 50 on a 1:43 scale model.

Here are some pictures taken by me of the store.

EDIT: I am unable to load pictures may be later.

I am unable to load the pictures, may be some issue with hotel internet. Here are the pictures from an external link, hope guys will like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravindra M (Post 2510155)
Not only a scale model, but also a workhorse. Can be made to order. Location : HSR Layout

This is the best model I've have ever seen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 2510160)
Ravindra:
Amit: Lovely Woody ! I have a similar one by Welly, but I think yours looks better..

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2510577)
I am unable to load the pictures, may be some issue with hotel internet. Here are the pictures from an external link, hope guys will like it.

Brilliant stuff. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2510577)

Amazing collection there! it made me go through the whole cartoon collection i have all over again. R.G.Herges best! Thanks a lot for the share..

Manish, that TinTin collection is good and unique.

Shahen, thank you for posting images of your Stratos model. I t is indeed a well made one, agreed Sun Star has a few rough edges but their line-up too is unique, not to mention, slightly easy on the pocket too!

Next up from my side will be - "Pearls from the Orient"

Guys,

I recieved some models by courier today. Few more to come later. There is some transit damage, but luckilly not to the high dolar cars. The biggest damage is the Horch missing it's LHS Head lights. I could not place them either. The roof of Triumph is cracked as it was plastic. But that can be easily repaired.

Also seen are some tools that I purchased for model car building viz, small drillset, small files, and the grinding , sanding tool set.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09937.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2514676)
Guys,

I recieved some models by courier today. Few more to come later. There is some transit damage, but luckilly not to the high dolar cars. The biggest damage is the Horch missing it's LHS Head lights. I could not place them either. The roof of Triumph is cracked as it was plastic. But that can be easily repaired.

Also seen are some tools that I purchased for model car building viz, small drillset, small files, and the grinding , sanding tool set.

Attachment 613006

Manish, your new additions certainly look very interesting, especially the 1:12 Morris station wagon. Other entries like the Triumph, Austin, MG and the Fulvia are fantastic collectibles.

Sorry to hear abut the damage in transit. this is the biggest reason I was refraining from ordering over the net. But now that I have, I can only hope the model is defect free.

Buying specific tools for model building only reflects the passion you have for miniatures. Fantastic.

Do post detailed images of each model.

Am tempted to add in a few pictures from my collection as well.
Chevrolet Camaro 2010 Yellow with Black Racing Stripes

The Scale Model Thread-img_8746.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8750.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8751.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8752.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8757.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8768.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8767.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar (Post 2515562)
Buying specific tools for model building only reflects the passion you have for miniatures. Fantastic.

Do post detailed images of each model.

Amar,

It was nice to speak to you over phone, even at my customers place I was thinking about scale models and that's why my sms in reply to your post. And as I write this I have repaired the damage on Triumph, just waiting for the paint to dry. I will post pictures tomorrow. Will call you later.

By the way here is my pictures of my latest kit additions.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc09944.jpg

But by Looking at the size of the 1:24 Mini and the Lotus, I am confused I have been loking at 1:24 in diecast and kit form, but all are bigger. I will post the picture of size comparison.