Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-704.html)

A topless lady graced me today. Here she is.

Some random from weekend!

Two days and zero guesses! Looks like it was a bit too tough even for our pro diecast collectors!:D

Model : Speed Racer Mach 5 F1 #5:thumbs up
Make : Jada
Scale : 1:24

My cousin got this and a few more from Texas.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyn (Post 2404971)
Two days and zero guesses! Looks like it was a bit too tough even for our pro diecast collectors!:D

Nice 1 there !
Really would not have guessed it.

Obviously 1st thing that comes to mind is Zonda - but that is a more symmetrical, less protruding quadruple exhausts.

But this is a nice catch too ! :)

Loved it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2404232)
A topless lady graced me today. Here she is.

Nice 1 ... really amazing.

But what I loved the most - was the teeny weeny briefcase in the trunk !

A nice touch & such a sweet 1 too - to top it all, even the briefcase had the prancing horse on it !

Awesome !

Quote:

Originally Posted by shyn (Post 2404971)

AWESOME AWESOME car!! I have the proper movie car!! Im a huge Speed Racer fan!!! :D

Just in at Renaux Auto is the 1932 Bugatti Type 41 -Esders Roadster in 1:18 scale by Bauer... This compliment my previous acquisition - the 1930 Bugatti Type 41 Napoleon Coupe de Ville which was also done by Bauer in 1:18... at this rate, I'd expect the remaining 4 models would also be scaled down ;)

Ohh BAUER!! Awesome cars!! :D Lovely buys buddy! Ive taken the APM leap of faith btw. :)

Few more pictures from my newest acquisition.

The Bugattis are to Die for. Are you getting the new CMC Type 57?? She is a masterpiece

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2405959)
The Bugattis are to Die for. Are you getting the new CMC Type 57?? She is a masterpiece

I'm actually holding out for the Ralph Lauren edition from CMC.

They have made the RL version. The Black one you mean... Id have the Blue though, coz the blue one has spoked wheels. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2406159)
They have made the RL version. The Black one you mean... Id have the Blue though, coz the blue one has spoked wheels. :D

Weird!!! as far as I know the RL version is being released in Sept 2011, and is limited to 4000 pieces, yes it is the black one. It would be nice to have the 'Pope' version and the RL version, just to highlight the differences. The before and after :-)

R.B.Pope had the original car (Chassis 57,591) that later changed numerous hands before it was picked up by RL and repainted, reupholstered & customized. Both versions are pieces of art.

Is there a difference in the normal Black version with the Disk wheels as compared to the RL version?? I shall do some proper research on this soon! :D

Model : Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SV
Make : Motormax

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2406334)
Is there a difference in the normal Black version with the Disk wheels as compared to the RL version?? I shall do some proper research on this soon! :D

As of my knowledge there are only 2 versions in diecast,
1. The Pope version - which basically has the original trimmings, Blue exterior - Brown interior, Wire wheels and a production run of 10-15K pieces.
2. The RL version - the same model, but with Black on Black, spokes were covered with the hub caps (so you still get the wire wheels, as well as the wheel caps) and limited run of 5000 pieces... and of-course this was crowned 'Best of Show' at Pebble Beach