Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-675.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo (Post 2295678)
Is this the road tough model?

Yup thats a roaad tough model.

Latest addition to my garage. A bulk purchase of 12 models. Will post the pics soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2295805)
I ordered it from ebay. Think it's 1:24 scale. Have to confirm it.

Nice collection. Can you confirm the scale? I checked on ebay india but didnt find these models there. Or did you order it from the international ebay site?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil.jericho (Post 2297874)
Nice collection. Can you confirm the scale? I checked on ebay india but didnt find these models there. Or did you order it from the international ebay site?

Here's the link. The scale is 1:32
eBay India: Set of 12 Pull-Back Die-cast cars, Maisto, Vibrant cols (item 310307516957 end time 04-Apr-2011 09:39:53 IST)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2297889)

That explains it. Was looking for these products individually. Looking forward to individual pics of the different cars :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2297827)
Latest addition to my garage. A bulk purchase of 12 models. Will post the pics soon.

These are easily available at Landmark, as well as the Modelart store here in Bangalore. Frankly, i didnt find them too appealing, except maybe the Hummer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2298110)
These are easily available at Landmark, as well as the Modelart store here in Bangalore. Frankly, i didnt find them too appealing, except maybe the Hummer.

Yes. I know. Not too appealing but me being a starter I thought this would fit the bill perfectly. I'm more into 1:24 and 1:32 models. Have around 20 models. Then 3 models of 1:18.

Might get a new 1:18 model today stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2298110)
Frankly, i didnt find them too appealing, except maybe the Hummer.

And the VW Bus and the Lamborghini yellow-black one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 2298129)
Yes. I know. Not too appealing but me being a starter I thought this would fit the bill perfectly. I'm more into 1:24 and 1:32 models. Have around 20 models. Then 3 models of 1:18.

Might get a new 1:18 model today stupid:

Welcome to the club of poor scale model collectors. :D You would find other members too who indulge in the smaller scale of scale models, such as Spitfire (who has replied to your post as well) and myself.

So far, i have not a single 1:18 scale model and about 3-4 models in scale of 1:24.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2298157)
Welcome to the club of poor scale model collectors.

Oye talk for yourself :D. I am a poor little (1:32) rich collector. I have about 50 of them now. LOL..

Quote:

So far, i have not a single 1:18 scale model and about 3-4 models in scale of 1:24.
I have 4 of the 1:18's and about 10 1:43's.

The collection has stopped as there is no space to keep them.

Quote:

Welcome to the club of poor scale model collectors. You would find other members too who indulge in the smaller scale of scale models, such as Spitfire (who has replied to your post as well) and myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 2298169)
Oye talk for yourself. I am a poor little (1:32) rich collector. I have about 50 of them now. LOL..

I second the words of Benbsb & Spitfire. I love the 1:32 more than 1:18 due to various reasons like the size, the cost and etc. I havae about 80-90 Kinsmart's scaled at 1:32, which I find easy to handle, store and not mcuh heavy on the pocket.

Personal preferences are personal preferences. IIRC, Shankar.balan loves collecting 1:43, not because they are cheap but because of less space needed to store them

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 2298169)
Oye talk for yourself :D. I am a poor little (1:32) rich collector. I have about 50 of them now. LOL..

The collection has stopped as there is no space to keep them.

Tell me about it. I had this showspace specilly designed for my scale model collection at my new house. At the design phase, i thought i had enough and more space for a lot of new arrivals. After i started arranging them, i realized i was looking at a parking space scarcity much more than the intensity that is found on the streets of Bangalore!

The Scale Model Thread-copy-9.jpg

Needless to say, wifey has threatended me against any more new models after my scale model cars started enroaching upon other display spaces as well. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 2297739)
MGB roadster by airfix.

Attachment 525593

Attachment 525594

Amit,

wow, you completed the model, but pictures are real sick. Can we have better pics, atleast for one shot you should boroow a camera.

By the way, the lood is open in your build too :D. Is that's the reason you asked / pointed out on my Build.

Quote:

Welcome to the club of poor scale model collectors. :D You would find other members too who indulge in the smaller scale of scale models, such as Spitfire (who has replied to your post as well) and myself.

I too am a collector of those scale, as some models are only available in that scale (example all of the Indian collection). Then there are other members apart form us who collect them Sagar from Luckhnow is one.

Detailing is not forte for these models esp kinsmart, maisto and like. But some companies have very nicely detailed products in that scale, but they are costly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2298227)
Tell me about it. I had this showspace specilly designed for my scale model collection at my new house. At the design phase, i thought i had enough and more space for a lot of new arrivals. After i started arranging them, i realized i was looking at a parking space scarcity much more than the intensity that is found on the streets of Bangalore!

Attachment 525768

Needless to say, wifey has threatended me against any more new models after my scale model cars started enroaching upon other display spaces as well. :D

Awesome. Since this scale model addiction is onto me now, am also planning a dedicated show space up in my room.

Now, the cars have managed to find my wife's dressing shelf. Two rows with cars parked lol:

Now planning to take over her glass cupboard.

Quote:

Tell me about it. I had this showspace specilly designed for my scale model collection at my new house.

Lovely I would say, would love to have one of those kinds made to park my rides at home. Lest, once it gets made, mom decides to enroach it and put her decoratve items into it.

OT: How much did it cost to get it made? DIY or Readymade?

Quote:

I have learnt the enchroaching methodolies from a friend of mine, who works in Real Estate Firm. I parked my first scaled model in one of the shelves in the cupboard and slowly started replacing each item with my scaled models. What started off as a simple couple of inches of space has turned into 3.5 fully encroached shelves of our cupboards.

My recent purchase, a set Porsche Cayyene S were not allowed to be parked at home and are still lying in my Santro. Reason: Illegal Encroachment of Family Property