Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-663.html)

Hello everyone, thank you for such an encouraging welcome. I have read every single post in the Scale Model thread which has helped me a lot in selecting models as well as sellers of such models. Modification tips by Cyrus especially are very good.:)

Way back in the year 2000, when I was working in the Indian Auto magazine (now defunct) as a correspondent, I had done a sizeable feature on scale models. At that time, except for a few Maistos and Buragos, we had nothing.

As a rule, I do not order models from the internet for reasons of the model getting damaged in transit, online payment worries, etc. Sometime back I ordered a 2008 Subaru Impreza (1/18 scale) from Model Art Bangalore worth Rs. 6500/- and when I received it, the model was badly damaged. Just because I was hell bent on the Subaru, I did not return it and instead stripped and reassembled it part by part to make it almost as good as new.

I will take some more photographs of my models and past them in my subsequent posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar (Post 2262622)
Way back in the year 2000, when I was working in the Indian Auto magazine (now defunct) as a correspondent, I had done a sizeable feature on scale models. At that time, except for a few Maistos and Buragos, we had nothing.

do you have pictures or any link of this magazine. I want to see a particular maisto model.

Well I dont have a cam on me at the moment but here are some pics I shot from my BB of my 1:12 Autoart Murcielago I got and my 1:18 version along side just for a comparision. Sorry for the bad pictures. The BB camera sucks

And today added a 1:18 Yellow H2 and a 1:43 Testarossa to the collection as well. Pictures of those later

Here are the Lambo pics:

The Scale Model Thread-172369_10150126925508905_504458904_6263905_7071900_o.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-172393_10150126925393905_504458904_6263901_6872417_o.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-175597_10150126925368905_504458904_6263900_2471194_o.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-176813_10150126925428905_504458904_6263903_6311561_o.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-176949_10150126925463905_504458904_6263904_6763462_o.jpg

Nice collection Dippy..

The Mercedes- Benz G55 AMG - The coolest car in the world!

The Scale Model Thread-dsc_0055.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 2262772)
Well I dont have a cam on me at the moment but here are some pics I shot from my BB of my 1:12 Autoart Murcielago I got and my 1:18 version along side just for a comparision. Sorry for the bad pictures. The BB camera sucks

And today added a 1:18 Yellow H2 and a 1:43 Testarossa to the collection as well. Pictures of those later

Here are the Lambo pics:

Nice Lamby :thumbs up . Is the H2 from Maisto or Highway 61??

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 2262872)
The Mercedes- Benz G55 AMG - The coolest car in the world!

Its an amazing car, been on my list for some time too. Will be adding it soon as well. Love what you have done with the lighting... make for a real neat photo op.

@diecast: Superb pics. Love the 458

@RPMKDMFF: Thanks. Will put better pictures taken from my brother's DSLR. The H2 is a Maisto. I actually picked it up because it was yellow

@khanak: Well clicked. The G55 has been on my wish list since a while now.

@Vickyb18b:Welcome to the thread!That is a 1:43 resin scale-model of the Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 by LookSmart,not an Amalgam 1:8.LookSmart makes amazingly detailed 1:43 scale-models.I have a very exclusive 1:43 Ferrari FXX by this Italian brand.It was actually more expensive than most of my 1:18 Ferraris.In fact,it still is the second costliest Ferrari model in my collection beaten only by the 1:18 Ferrari 458 Italia by BBR.Even my 1:18 Ferrari F40 Lightweight and 575 GTC by Kyosho came for less than the 1:43 LookSmart Ferrari FXX.

@Diecast:Great pictures,as usual.

@Dippy:Congratulations on the 1:12 Lamborgini Murcielago by AutoArt! It's good to have you back.And with a bang at that!Did you buy it online?
By the way,I was just thinking of you the other day when news came in that Automania is expecting a 1:12 Ferrari F40 by Kyosho.Their prices are quite fair.Do check it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 2262982)
@RPMKDMFF: Thanks. Will put better pictures taken from my brother's DSLR. The H2 is a Maisto. I actually picked it up because it was yellow

I'm surprised :Shockked: ... considering that you have such a large and varied collection, and that you have been in the game for years I figured you would have preferred the Highway61 release... IMO, H61 is a better model, the finish is much better... one of the main reasons I skipped over the Maisto H2 was the wheels, if you notice the name on the dummy CTIS panel, it isn't printed well - but follow in Cyrus43's wheels and maybe you can blacken them out lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 2262740)
do you have pictures or any link of this magazine. I want to see a particular maisto model.

Dear Amit, at that time, internet was in its infancy and hence no link is available. I had a few 1:18 scale models and in them, Maisto models featured were, Mercedes Benz S class (1998), Mercedes Benz ML 250 / 350, and a few Maisto 1:18 scale bikes. Rest of the models in the feature were by BBurago.

My Babies resting at Office.

The Scale Model Thread-my-babies.jpg

My Aston Martin DB5 of 1956 Auto Art 1:18 scale model in British racing green. This model is well detailed, finished and heavier than some of my other Auto Arts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolInMyVeins (Post 2263225)
@Dippy:Congratulations on the 1:12 Lamborgini Murcielago by AutoArt! It's good to have you back.And with a bang at that!Did you buy it online?
By the way,I was just thinking of you the other day when news came in that Automania is expecting a 1:12 Ferrari F40 by Kyosho.Their prices are quite fair.Do check it out.

Hey PIMV

Thanks so much. Yes this is the first 1:12 in my collection. The detailing is so amazing it tempts me for more :D but i will have to control myself. I didnt buy it online it was gifted to my by a friend just like that. He was like 'Take it, its yours'

I visited Gift Centre recently. Hes has got some new stuff in and is expecting more. I saw a 1:12 Veyron, the Countach LP400, Porsche Targa 964 . A friend of mine picked up the 1:12 Miura and GTR. Superb models.

You should check out the new Corgi trucks, London buses theyve got. Expensive but superb. How much is the 1:12 F40 priced at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 2263515)
I'm surprised :Shockked: ... considering that you have such a large and varied collection, and that you have been in the game for years I figured you would have preferred the Highway61 release... IMO, H61 is a better model, the finish is much better... one of the main reasons I skipped over the Maisto H2 was the wheels, if you notice the name on the dummy CTIS panel, it isn't printed well - but follow in Cyrus43's wheels and maybe you can blacken them out lol:

Honestly it was an spur of the moment pickup. Everything else aside its the yellow that caught my eye. But hey what the heck, I'll pick up the H61 Hummer as well :)

Btw anyone seen the dinky Hummer sets at Hamleys branded Hamleys Diecast collection?

Fantastic Stuff Ravi!!

And thanks for correcting me on that 1:43. I have been collecting for years and still learn new things everyday! :)

Is anyone here into scale model customization??

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar (Post 2263580)
My Aston Martin DB5 of 1956 Auto Art 1:18 scale model in British racing green. This model is well detailed, finished and heavier than some of my other Auto Arts

Very neat piece.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 2263653)
Honestly it was an spur of the moment pickup. Everything else aside its the yellow that caught my eye. But hey what the heck, I'll pick up the H61 Hummer as well :)

Btw anyone seen the dinky Hummer sets at Hamleys branded Hamleys Diecast collection?

The Hamley HUMMER sets look nice, I think they are 1:72 and from MotorMax, i'm sure you meant small when you wrote ''dinky" (as in not Dinky Toys)... but they do not have the whole HUMMER lineup, only H2s... i've also seen a set of Land Rover Defenders in a similar set... Hamleys rebrands Motormax models under their colors and sells them at double price :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickyb18b (Post 2263674)
Fantastic Stuff Ravi!!

And thanks for correcting me on that 1:43. I have been collecting for years and still learn new things everyday! :)

Is anyone here into scale model customization??

Cyrus43 is the main customizer.