Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-653.html)

I have saved the best for the last. Here is my most favorite in my collection, The Shelby Daytona Coupe 1:18.

Every curve and cuts on that car is simply amazing, especially that adorable Kamm tail. Oh! I just love it. :)

Thats a fantastic model deetjohn. The attention to detail is staggering. Is this a CMC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 2241870)
Thats a fantastic model deetjohn. The attention to detail is staggering. Is this a CMC?

Thanks Dippy. It is from Shelby Collectibles and I had no idea about their brand or manufacturing prowess. I was blown-over by the model when I saw it first and decided to take the plunge. The model is quite heavy and believe it or not, one of the cheapest in my collection.

And trust me, I haven't been able to do justice to all the curves on the machine with my photos. Its quite stunning in flesh. I am quite pleased with this buy and its 2 years old now.

They also have the beautiful Eleanor, which is my next target. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 2241879)
Thanks Dippy. It is from Shelby Collectibles and I had no idea about their brand or manufacturing prowess. I was blown-over by the model when I saw it first and decided to take the plunge. The model is quite heavy and believe it or not, one of the cheapest in my collection.

And trust me, I haven't been able to do justice to all the curves on the machine with my photos. Its quite stunning in flesh. I am quite pleased with this buy and its 2 years old now.

They also have the beautiful Eleanor, which is my next target. :)

Yes. Shelby Collectibles make some nice cars. The quality is awesome and is real value for money. I was going to buy the Shelby GT500 Cobra the new one from Shelby Collectibles but my cousin got me the Shelby from the Hot Wheels Elite Series. Thats great too. Red with white stripes.

About the Eleanor, thats on my radar too :)

Shelby Collectibles does make some good cars, Although somehow, even though I LOVE he GT500E, i have never wanted to buy it whenever I see her in the shops. Strange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 2241854)
I have saved the best for the last. Here is my most favorite in my collection, The Shelby Daytona Coupe 1:18.

Every curve and cuts on that car is simply amazing, especially that adorable Kamm tail. Oh! I just love it. :)

Nice ride. I have Eleanor and the detailing on Shelby Collectibles are good for the price... However I can't help but be picking about this model, I can see one 'small' error, easily overlooked though since some of the sites are also misrepresenting the item... the 'fire extinguisher' is firstly out of scale and secondly supposed to be a nitrous tank, it is connected to the engine, not a stand alone.

But otherwise an outstanding model, the stance, wheels, engine... all nicely detailed.

Beautiful model - signature Carroll Shelby ! Awesome detailing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 2241854)

The devil lies in the datailing, awesome model. I saw some Shelby collectibles models going for song on ebay, now after your review I am going straight to ebay :D.

while Shopping online never looked at 1:24 scale but then this took my heart away. The detailing is awesome for that scale.

The Scale Model Thread-l1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-l2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-l3.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-l4.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-l5.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-l6.jpg

What make is this?? I dont recollect ever seeing one in this scale.

This will give you more details. Make is new to me, but detailing awesome.

Lancia Fulvia Coupe Rallye 1.3 1967 1:24 Fabbri Editori on eBay (end time 13-Feb-11 11:06:54 GMT)

Thanks for the link. :D Bought one for myself.

Lemme know if you find any other interesting things.

Great :O), at that price the car is steal. will keep an eye on great deals.

Yep. And There is a discount running too. £6 is brilliant for this.

EDIT: I know this brand. Have their 1:24 Miura!! they are excellent! I knew the logo looked familiar.

Not really a proper scale model, but nevertheless. :)

Lexus IS 350.

The Scale Model Thread-img_0465.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_0467.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_0468.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_0463.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_0473.jpg