Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-652.html)

I want to blacken the roof of my Gallardo to make it look like the SE. Any suggestions how to go about it Cyrus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by theragingbull (Post 2239317)
I want to blacken the roof of my Gallardo to make it look like the SE. Any suggestions how to go about it Cyrus?

Do remember to blacken the rear view mirror as well with rims too in order to all most prefect SE...by the way are you going to try on Autoart or Maisto

It is a maisto. There are two ways to do it.

1. Paint it- If you are not used to painting though, Dont do this.
2. Vinyl bits. Go to one of those aftermarket sticker stores and buy a 1 foot by 1 foot piece of gloss black vinyl and paste it accordingly. if you do it correctly, this has staggering results. I have done many stripes using these vinyl strips. They look fabulous.

Test Fitted the Brabus Rims on the E55 project car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecast (Post 2239343)
Do remember to blacken the rear view mirror as well with rims too in order to all most prefect SE...by the way are you going to try on Autoart or Maisto

Yep it's a Maisto Gallardo Superleggera so the mirrors and wheels are already black.
So I guess I'll go with the vinyl sticker only.

Yep. Do the Vinyl thing on it. It looks superb. remember GLOSS black and not MAtt.

Paid a visit to Gift Centre. Picked up the 1954 Mercedes 300SL Gullwing by Bburago. The model prices have seriously gone through the roof there. It now gives company to the SLS I bought some time ago. Here are some pictures.

The Scale Model Thread-p1250445.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250446.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250455.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250457.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250461.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250463.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250465.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250467.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250470.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250471.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250472.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250475.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250477.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250478.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250484.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250486.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-p1250487.jpg

Dippy I too have the same shade Mercedes 300SL which i recently picked from Landmark but i am a bit hesitant to post pics (from mobile cam) as i don't have access to any sort of Digicam right now.
Also bought a 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM.

Dipps, What else does he have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsag12 (Post 2241350)
Dippy I too have the same shade Mercedes 300SL which i recently picked from Landmark but i am a bit hesitant to post pics (from mobile cam) as i don't have access to any sort of Digicam right now.
Also bought a 1973 Pontiac Firebird Trans AM.

If your firebird is by welly, then its one of the awesome model that you got. I await for the same at my local stores. Welly have upped the ante by many folds in terms of quality compared to Maisto and BBurago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2241441)
Dipps, What else does he have?

The usual Bentleys, Mercs, BMWs, Porsche, and some SUVs. I even saw a Prado. Also a 1:12 Veyron, F40, Countach LP400 and CLK GTR. Lots of insanely priced CMCs as well

So he finally got the 1:12s I see!! Very nice!

My new model.

The Scale Model Thread-photo0057.jpg

OOOH BLODDY HELL!!!! This I havvve to get!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 2241769)
My new model.

Attachment 500124

wow great, just wanted to know from where are you getting these models, also any other classic is there. When are you going to start the build. Off topic I now have 7 kits, 2 in 1:12 and rest in 1:24. I have completed one. second one is about to finish.