Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-65.html)

:OT can anyone tell me which auto magazine is giving a good 1:18 scale model of a car to its subscribers?

TopGear is giving out a 1:18 Maisto Porsche with every 3 year subscription. I don't know what Porsche it is, but Maisto sure does a good job with its Porsches.

TOP GEAR is giving a scale model of a porsche carrera gt , AUTOCAR is also giving a lambo gallardo scale model with it's 3 year subscription.

^^u by chance knw there website?

For Autocar, click here >>> :: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::
According to TopGear, it is mentioned that the final gift may not be the same as the image, which shows a Carrera GT. That ofcourse is written in fine print. TopGear India doesnt have a site yet. You may have to buy the magazine for the subscription form.

^^^ Autocar is a Sorabjee mag...been a fan of his since Auto India days..I've been a subscriber since the past 11 years...lolz...its time to change...guess I'll go for Autocar

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 KMPH (Post 465352)
1967 Ford Mustang GT by ProRodz (Maisto).

Me and salilpawar1 created a video featuring a drag race of the two Mustangs.... !!

Enjoy the Mustang drag race......
YouTube - The Mustang Drag (also Enzo and Murcielago)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 300 KMPH (Post 477685)
Me and salilpawar1 created a video featuring a drag race of the two Mustangs.... !!

Enjoy the Mustang drag race......
YouTube - The Mustang Drag (also Enzo and Murcielago)

nice vedio hope you do same with other cars

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 477714)
nice vedio hope you do same with other cars

Thanks. We will try.

heres my extremely meager collection :D

I intent to start collecting scale cars and bikes..I had a huge collection of those plastic Indian cars..But now I dont have any..

I wanted to know which has to be the best scale for collection..as I intend to collect them in only one scale..

I think of collecting 1:18 scale..
Can anyone suggest me?

Also does a 1:18 scale bike and car look as they do in real life..I mean dimension wise..As I have seen sometimes scale bikes look bigger than the cars..wheresas in real it isnt so..

Rely on good brands such as AutoArt, Maisto, Kyosho and so on... Detailing is fabulous..... especially AutoArt... everything including small bits like seatbelts... You can PM me for more details.

@SRK
Go with 1:18. The size and detailing and look and feel is just right. They usually get the scales rigth. The high end manufacturers have superb scaling. Though the Maisto Bburago and Hot Wheels do get it wrong sometimes. Like my Hot Wheels f430 is the same size as my Maisto Murcielago.

@Team-Bhp
Guys have had a big influx of new models. Since my last posting it would be 6 new scale models. Of Which 2 are the most expensive I've owned and maybe the most desirable right now on the market. And two phased out collectors pieces. Had them brought down by a friend in the US. Have found no time to even click pics. Maybe this weekend. 84 1:18 Scale Models and counting...

Trying to lay my hands on a Ducati 999R. Can't find one in bangalore :mad:

hey guys i have just started collecting models and i got big keedas to customise them.....coz stock is just tooo boring for me..
[/IMG]