Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-645.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvi86 (Post 2224012)
Absolutely, the detailing is much nice than the Kinsmarts which comes at the same price. I too picked up the same SLS AMG in the same color and scale from Connexions (Velachery), Chennai.

is 1:18 SLS AMG from Maisto available at the same place?

i'm looking forward to buy a 1:18 SLS scale model, please let me know

Guys are there any other shops in chennai where 1:18 SLS will be available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazybiker46 (Post 2225057)
is 1:18 SLS AMG from Maisto available at the same place?

i'm looking forward to buy a 1:18 SLS scale model, please let me know

Guys are there any other shops in chennai where 1:18 SLS will be available?

No. They don't usually have 1:18 scale models though on rare occasions, some stocks do come up. IMO, the best place to get 1:18 Scale Models in Chennai would be Landmark (Spencer Plaza) as they get new stocks often. Are there any other good shops in Chennai for scale models (any scale)? Suggestions please.

@crazybiker46 why dont you just buy it online from dream car models, dont know whether KV still has them in stock though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvi86 (Post 2225106)
No. They don't usually have 1:18 scale models though on rare occasions, some stocks do come up. IMO, the best place to get 1:18 Scale Models in Chennai would be Landmark (Spencer Plaza) as they get new stocks often. Are there any other good shops in Chennai for scale models (any scale)? Suggestions please.

Yes landmark is the place where you find a good lot of stuff, I had once seen 1:18 petrol despencing pump but its mostly maisto, signature and like. I think in Adyar also there is one shop + one in the city centre.

Bye the way there used be an Indian Hobby Centre in Mount road some were near spencers plaza, is that still there?

Just added the three fiats to my collection.

some more pics..I try hard yet I suck in photography:Frustrati

Well guys here is my tool kit for working on model kits, bent tweezers and small drills will be added next weekend.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc08358.jpg

Sweet. My dremel should be here soon too. That is for some serious stuff though.

yeah dremel, that's next on card. I am also buying air brush, but that only when i figure out sizing of air compressor.

Im getting the airbrush just before I come back, as I cant paint here as it will spoil the carpet and trigger the Fire Alarm!!

Finally got the chance and time to take some detailed pictures of the Ulhenhaut... I particularly love the engine detailing and the functional windows... all in all the model is exquisite. It is built up of over 1800 individual parts. Thanks to my twin, I now own a very treasured diecast - Mercedes Benz 300 SL Ulhenhaut, winner of the 'Diecast Zone *Car of the Year* 2011" in the 1:18 Replica Models of the Year 'Street' section. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 2225876)
Finally got the chance and time to take some detailed pictures of the Ulhenhaut... I particularly love the engine detailing and the functional windows... all in all the model is exquisite. It is built up of over 1800 individual parts. Thanks to my twin, I now own a very treasured diecast - Mercedes Benz 300 SL Ulhenhaut, winner of the 'Diecast Zone *Car of the Year* 2011" in the 1:18 Replica Models of the Year 'Street' section. :D

:thumbs up Absolutely fantastic drool stuff there buddy. Would you mind telling us the cost of it? I would love to buy both this and the 1:18 SLS AMG at one shot.

Quote:

Is this the CMC kit?? It is exquisite.

Quote:

That's one hell of a machine, CMC's are really awesome. But at around 300 USD they ain't cheap. This car has been on my list to complement my Merc 722 racer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvi86 (Post 2225950)
:thumbs up Absolutely fantastic drool stuff there buddy. Would you mind telling us the cost of it? I would love to buy both this and the 1:18 SLS AMG at one shot.

Like I said, got it as a Christmas gift from my twin, so not sure bout the price. But I think it retails between USD 300-325.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2225955)
Is this the CMC kit?? It is exquisite.

No, it isn't the kit, it's a 1:18 built model with functioning parts. I don't recollect CMC having 'kit' models??

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 2225962)
That's one hell of a machine, CMC's are really awesome. But at around 300 USD they ain't cheap. This car has been on my list to complement my Merc 722 racer.

:D I just love the car!!!