Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-589.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatchlover (Post 2057002)
I recently bought a Tamiya Kit for Subaru Impreza , spent the weekend assembling it but just got the suspension only.
This is my first assembling job. Can you guys help me with following?
On the instructions they have mentioned some Cement to glue plastic parts. Where can i get thsi cement in India?
Which is a good tool set for such assembly jobs i can get locally?
I intend to get Tamiya tool set later.
Thanks in advance,
Naveen

Fevi Quick will act as your cement...available in any local shop. BE CAREFUL with it.

Why do you need a tool kit for a kit car?? get a plastic cutter (also available in any hardware store) and a craft knife. that's it.

Quote:

On the instructions they have mentioned some Cement to glue plastic parts. Where can i get thsi cement in India?
Thanks in advance,
Naveen

Go for a local Cyano Adhesive, they are the best. Any hobby store or stationary store will have it. Model plane builders and Architetural model builders use that frequently. I am also using the same for my Revell kits, that I am bulding.

The good thing for these is teys have a tad slower setting time than Feviquick, which gives us good time to place the component correctly and also gives a good shelf life of the product. And is huge cost effective.

Porsche 356 by AutoArt

The Scale Model Thread-phpfhsuuuam.jpg

Quote:

I recently bought a Tamiya Kit for Subaru Impreza , spent the weekend assembling it but just got the suspension only.
This is my first assembling job. Can you guys help me with following?
Thanks in advance,
Naveen

Pics here
Picasa Web Albums - Naveen gaur - Tamiya WRC SU...

Whats the cost of this buddy ???

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 2058252)
Porsche 356 by AutoArt

Attachment 419277

Wow, that's great. Can we have more detailed pictures please. I have similar in red by Signature.

The long and short of it.

The Scale Model Thread-phpp3mh1lam.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-phpg19evlam.jpg

Guys please let me know where can I purchase TAMIYA model kits in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eagle_f1 (Post 2058548)
Guys please let me know where can I purchase TAMIYA model kits in Bangalore.

No, these are not available in Bangalore :). And not any where in India. You have to get them from "Phoren" i.e. Abroad

Guys TAMIYA Finally In India

Check This Out : Adventure Wheels : Maintenance Tips

The New Maistos are slowly but surely making their ways into India. Got my hands on a BRand NEw Datsun 240Z Today!! Was SHOCKED by how fantastic the Quality is.

@Manish Good job man, now try adding some decals and then clear coat it.

@Cyrus great you got your hands on 240Z, i m still waiting for one.Hope i can get it from some online store.

Just added to my collection today!
:Hanomag Kurier Abschleppwagen (Lang & Soehne, Duesseldorf), 1:43 scale, by Schuco.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2058690)
The New Maistos are slowly but surely making their ways into India. Got my hands on a BRand NEw Datsun 240Z Today!! Was SHOCKED by how fantastic the Quality is.

Cool post some pics..i heard its quite a decent model...any news on the SLS?

Pics, 240Z and 350Z. No news on the New Mercs from Maisto. Hope to get the SLS and the SL AMGs before I leave, but seems highly unlikely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 2056944)
Damn good Stuff there!!! Awesome!! Welldone indeed.

Buddy thanks for appreciation. Inspiring me for more. And your Datsun is a real looker as me being fan of classics :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by flotsam (Post 2058736)
Just added to my collection today!
:Hanomag Kurier Abschleppwagen (Lang & Soehne, Duesseldorf), 1:43 scale, by Schuco.

Man your collection of trucks is just awesome. Off thrack I was to be in Singapore this weekend, meeting got cancled :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 2058730)
@Manish Good job man, now try adding some decals and then clear coat it.

Thanks for the appreciation. Decals as in logos or some design. I have to do flame decal on the doors as well. As of now just letting the paint to harden. Will do a clear after I remove the nast glue left over from the masking tape.