Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-570.html)

I have a ww2 Jeep model. the speciality is that it dosent come as one piece , one needs to assemble it . have a look. You can see a swiss knife (partly , behind ) in second photo.

@Sudarshan That is a sweet WWII set, you wont believe as a kid i had bought a similar WWII set for 15 bucks from a roadside vendor at Dakshineshwar, Kolkata.It was a poor plastic moulded set but had similar figurines as well as Jeep with a trolley and sort of Howitzer with bunch of soldiers.
Anywayz here are the pics of Defender, must say Welly has done a great job.Maisto/Bburago are left far behind by Welly.

@diecast:Nice Bugatti there.Personally,I'm not a huge fan of the detailing on these MR models.They don't look quite as neat in the pictures I've seen.Take the interior,for instance.It's not as minutely detailed as the the one found in the AutoArt rendition.But in terms of exclusivity that truly is the mother of all collectibles on this thread.Well done!
By the way,how much did it cost you?Is it really as much as a Nano?(Which,it appears,is fast becoming a unit of currency.LOL!)

Hi, all & agspins, thanks. I have this Defender model. Take your guess about how I bought it ! Well 4 months back I went to a toy shop ,along with my 8 year old son, to buy some 'Cars' for him & found this lovely Defender. Finally father & son both got what they wanted & my wife .. she just kept silent :D ( nowadays she has stopped getting 'Pointlessly ' annoyed )
About the Jeep , I thought it will be interesting for the Jeep lovers also to have a look at the following.
Thease are the 'Assembly ' Instructions.
As you know, Jeeps are built....
Yours Sudarshan

Thanks Guys.

@Sudarshan: The WWII jeep is nice and Italeri is one of the best in military scale models.
@agspins: Yup, Welly did a good job on the defender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahen9 (Post 1977477)
nice siddvi...where do u get most of your models from??how abt a group pic of all ur american classics

The group pic shall happen shortly. The earlier classics I posted were all picked 2- 3 years ago while out of the country and the Oldsmobile 88 below, bought it recently locally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1977577)
@Siddvi that is a sweet 300F, I guess next in line would be a 300C of something from 300 series.

Unfortunately, the 300C I have is in 1:24 scale, wish it was a 1:18.

Here's another one from the 50s, a 1:18 - 1955 Oldsmobile Super 88 from Welly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1978651)
@Sudarshan That is a sweet WWII set, you wont believe as a kid i had bought a similar WWII set for 15 bucks from a roadside vendor at Dakshineshwar, Kolkata.It was a poor plastic moulded set but had similar figurines as well as Jeep with a trolley and sort of Howitzer with bunch of soldiers.
Anywayz here are the pics of Defender, must say Welly has done a great job.Maisto/Bburago are left far behind by Welly.

Great Looking Defender loved the white color

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudarshan (Post 1979055)
Hi, all & agspins, thanks. I have this Defender model. Take your guess about how I bought it ! Well 4 months back I went to a toy shop ,along with my 8 year old son, to buy some 'Cars' for him & found this lovely Defender. Finally father & son both got what they wanted & my wife .. she just kept silent :D ( nowadays she has stopped getting 'Pointlessly ' annoyed )
About the Jeep , I thought it will be interesting for the Jeep lovers also to have a look at the following.
Yours Sudarshan

Good knowlegde sharing

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolInMyVeins (Post 1978759)
@diecast:Nice Bugatti there.Personally,I'm not a huge fan of the detailing on these MR models.They don't look quite as neat in the pictures I've seen.Take the interior,for instance.It's not as minutely detailed as the the one found in the AutoArt rendition.But in terms of exclusivity that truly is the mother of all collectibles on this thread.Well done!
By the way,how much did it cost you?Is it really as much as a Nano?(Which,it appears,is fast becoming a unit of currency.LOL!)

Thanks PetrolInMyVeins
I agree PetrolInMyveins ,details on interiors are not as good as Autoart Buggati but i say signature edition one.
But exterior paint you can feel its hand made ...painted using brush and engine detials and even the packing feels likes jewel.
But i give more points to BBR models they are more detailed and less costly

Well MR worth collectable and it dont cost as NANO ..

it cost me 29000INR plus 1200INR on customs.

1:18 Autort Mercedes C 63 AMG
1:18 SunStar Mercedes E320
1:18 Autoart S 2000
1:18 Toyota MR2

Ordered

Norev

1:18 Porsche Turbo Carb
1:18 Porsche Turbo
1:18 Porsche GT3

Kyosho

1:18 Audi Q5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudarshan (Post 1979055)
Yours Sudarshan

That's a real good one, I am looking for the similar, where can I get one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddvi (Post 1979106)
Here's another one from the 50s, a 1:18 - 1955 Oldsmobile Super 88 from Welly.

Hey good one there your collection is getting better. Can you post the picture of your garage (with lots and lots of these models)

Here are shots of models which I took some days back.
Land Rover - 1:14 scale (RC model by Rastar Hk)
Hummer H3T 1:26 scale (Maisto)

I was thinking of detailing the 300SL. Just realised that the hubcaps come off. Isnt that AWESOME!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1978651)

agspins, what scale is the Defender? I assume it could be 1:24. If it's 1:18 I should add it to my wish list.

I too agree on the quality and detailing of the Welly models. I have a 1:24 Jeep Wrangler JK and can confirm that looks and feel truely awesome.

@JeepMKd its 1:24 scale, if you want a 1:18 Def then look for one by Universal Hobbies...

Here are the last set of pics of Fiat 500

The Scale Model Thread-2.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-1.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-3.jpg

High-res here Flickr: RahulKool's stuff tagged with 500

Damn Cute Pictures!!! Awesome! :) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahulkool (Post 1980905)
Here are the last set of pics of Fiat 500

Superb Fiat 500 ! What Scale and Manufacturer ?