Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-529.html)

I just received some brand new little classic scale models since my wife just returned from a long overseas trip.

(Wedding Anniversary presents for me - bless her!!)

Am literally rubbing my hands in glee as I write and share this with you all!!

1. Holden FJ -1:64 Scale - Cream - Auto Art (Commemorative Edition - Racing Driver Dick Johnson's First Race)

2. Jaguar E Type Convertible - 1:43 Scale - Pale Lemon - Vanguard

3. Jaguar E Type with contrast black roof - 1:43 Scale - Dark Green - Dinky Toys

4. Ferrari - 1961 SWB - 1:43 Scale - Rossa Corsa - Ertl Scale Models

and the piece de resistance of this lot, a truly brilliant little gem -

5. Bentley Sport Le Mans 1928 - 4.5 Litre Engine - 1:43 Scale - British Racing Green - IXO Scale Models.

This jewel of a car is a 1:43 scale die-cast metal replica model of the one driven by the prominent South African Gold & Diamond Mining Millionaire - Gentleman-Racer and Sportsman Mr. Woolf Barnato, whose love for, belief in and considerable investments in the Bentley Marque, helped to change and bolster the fortunes of Mr. W.O. Bentley in the 1920's and 1930's!

Woolf Barnato was part of the wild, high living, work-hard/play hard bunch of "Bentley Boys" of the 1920's and 1930's. Mostly well to do young men of an aristocratic background who could afford to indulge their tastes for fine cars, horses, yachts and other such.

Arre my camera is useless. I shall get some good pictures taken soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1883048)
Arre my camera is useless. I shall get some good pictures taken soon.

We'd seen some really good snaps from you earlier. Wasnt that your cam?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1883025)
I just received some brand new little classic scale models since my wife just returned from a long overseas trip.

Awesome gift there. Just brilliant. You should take a picture of all your 1:43 scale model cars. I am sure its quite comprehensive now.

Oh and a Happy Anniversay :)

thanks bud
actually i have most of them on pic form - having made an effort to catalogue the collection.
i think by now the total must be in excess of 200 vehicles - have to check.
but this includes all sorts of scales, manufacturers and types - like I said I buy 'em only if I like the particular vehicle (s) depicted and in whichever scale - preferably smaller scale for ease of storage and ready regular viewing enjoyment.
i can say that its nice fun to be able to follow one's childhood dreams consistently as one grows through different stages of one's life! of course it helps if the better half endorses this view and indeed encourages the same!:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 1883288)
Awesome gift there. Just brilliant. You should take a picture of all your 1:43 scale model cars. I am sure its quite comprehensive now.

Oh and a Happy Anniversay :)

@Cyrus - love the Lotus
@Bens - great shots of the "Dubai" H3 :)
@ Shankar - Happy Anniversay, what a wonderful collection of 1:43s.

thanks
will take spitfire's suggestion and put out a pdf of the entire collection sometime

Quote:

Originally Posted by yajaman99 (Post 1883316)
@ Shankar - Happy Anniversay, what a wonderful collection of 1:43s.

3 more bought today:

1:43 Ferrari - 250 Testa Rossa - Rossa Corsa - Bburago (Garage Set)
1:43 Ferrari - 430 Scuderia - Rossa Corsa - Bburago (Garage Set)
1:43 Jaguar XK 120 - Bright Red - some Chinese make.

The garage sets priced at Rs 250 and 399 each are good value looking at the finish of the cars.
The jag looks nice - it may not be up there in quality but its nice anyway.

Shankar - buddy, lovely lovely classics. The Holden is straight after my heart. Never seen one.
The Bentley's a complete killer !!

thanks superselect - i guess us aficionados of old classics arent exactly lying very thick on the ground these days...
cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 1884575)
Shankar - buddy, lovely lovely classics. The Holden is straight after my heart. Never seen one.
The Bentley's a complete killer !!

Dodge Challenger
The Scale Model Thread-maisto19-large.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-maisto20.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-maisto21-large.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-maisto22-large.jpg

@cyrus43: Thanks. Lovely Elise. Does it also have the detachable roof piece?
@shankar.balan: Happy Anniversary. Amazing 1:43 masterpieces, love that Holden FJ.:thumbs up
@kpzen: Nice shots of the Challenger!

More pics of the 1:24 - 2000 Honda Civic SI Coupe

Quote:

Originally Posted by yajaman99 (Post 1883316)
@Bens - great shots of the "Dubai" H3 :)

Thanks pal. And i thought noone noticed it. :D

Siddvi, the Civic looks good, except for too much bling on the wheels.

I'd also gotten myself one of TBHP's favorite off-roader scale model - The Land Rover Defender by Welly. Although i had picked it up a long time back, posting the pics only now.

Some pics.

The Scale Model Thread-img_8256.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8257.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8258.jpg

Name:  IMG_8253.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  36.2 KB

The Scale Model Thread-img_8252.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_8250.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1884746)

Wow ! That Challenger looks awesome man ! The attention to detail is just amazing. Combined with your photography, Magnifico !