Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-458.html)

Took the wheels from the GT3 RS and installed it on the SL. Also, Removed the Roof for the first time. The whole Car had to be dismantled for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddvi (Post 1706950)
The Chevy Cargo was an hard find for me too. Its from Diecast Promotions and bought it in 2008 in the US. More pics of the Chevy Cargo Express here

Diecast Promotions are the same guys as Highway 61. I was hoping it was some other brand, which might have been more reachable. Anyways, have bought from them before, excellent service.

@ Ravi: Now that's something, truly enviable :D.

@ Siddvi: Both of the vans from jada look real cool.

Also Count me in Kinsmart models, I have part in my home and part in my office, here what I have at home along with few hotwheels and Centi models

The Scale Model Thread-dsc06000.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc06001.jpg

Thanks all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1705533)
@siddvi: Those Chevys are wow. Old school American :)

@Dippy:Have couple vans more in kit form, will post later. BTW, a big thanks for starting this exciting thread.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 1708202)
Diecast Promotions are the same guys as Highway 61. I was hoping it was some other brand, which might have been more reachable. Anyways, have bought from them before, excellent service.

I thought so since the cargo van looks exactly the same from either brand. IIRC they have the same van in white and looks great.

@manishalive: Is the blue truck a TATA truck? More pics of the truck please. What brand and scale is it? Love your dual tone Amby, is it from Centy?

Also Count me in Kinsmart models, I have part in my home and part in my office, here what I have at home along with few hotwheels and Centi models

Attachment 278007

Attachment 278008[/quote]

Even i have same models as of yours see the circled pics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddvi (Post 1708328)
@Dippy:Have couple vans more in kit form, will post later. BTW, a big thanks for starting this exciting thread.:thumbs up

@manishalive: Is the blue truck a TATA truck? More pics of the truck please. What brand and scale is it? Love your dual tone Amby, is it from Centy?

Are those plastic ones, you glew them, paint etc. etc. or are they more lise the maisto ones 1:24 assembly models.

As for the truck it is indeed the tATA tRUCK, and yes both the models including the MM 540 jeep are from Centi Toys. The Ambasador was in red color when bought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 1708476)
Are those plastic ones, you glew them, paint etc. etc. or are they more lise the maisto ones 1:24 assembly models.

Yes, you get different version glue/snap/screw, painted/unpainted. They are fun to assemble and requires a lot of patience and time. Good project for a couple of weekends. Especially the ones from Tamiya, Revell, Italeri, ERTL are the best. Here's are some pics of the 1:24 Scale Honda Odessey assembly kit.

PS: Manish, please post more pics of your truck and the MM540 when you get time. Thanks.

1:18 Skoda Superb model by Abrex s.r.o. (Czech)
Bought at the Auto Expo for Rs.699. Strangely, the side-view mirror is made of a rubber-like flexible kind of material.

A WRC Fabia looked also very attractive, but I wanted a sedan for my collection and besides the WRC Fabia was for around Rs.1200 or so.

That is crap quality for a 1:18!! Though the price is ridiculously low.

I feel its not at all a 1:18, its a 1:43 for sure.....

the superb is not a 1:18, it's a 1:43 with a jaw dropping price tag.

@ cyrus, the mod. looks nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1707855)
Took the wheels from the GT3 RS and installed it on the SL. Also, Removed the Roof for the first time. The whole Car had to be dismantled for it.

Don't remember what wheels the SL had before. Nice job. Hope you got the alignment and balancing done after the wheel change:D

@jessie007: INR699 for an 1:18 is a steal if not for quality.

Bought another addition to my Race tuners collection, a Bburago 1:24 Honda S2000. So now I have a Honda S2000, Nissan GT R34, Toyota Celica, Mazda Mx5, Subaru Imprezza and Fiat 500 Abarth. Awaiting to add a 1:24 Evo, but havent found one so far.

Also bought, a Bburago 1:24 Jaguar XK120, Bburago 1:24 Lamborghini countach to add to my classics collection.

Will post the pics soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessie007 (Post 1709064)
1:18 Skoda Superb model by Abrex s.r.o. (Czech)
Bought at the Auto Expo for Rs.699. Strangely, the side-view mirror is made of a rubber-like flexible kind of material.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1709071)
That is crap quality for a 1:18!! Though the price is ridiculously low.

It is a 1:43 made by the same people as my Yeti scale models, sold as part of the official skoda merchandise. Quality is great for a 1:43.

Cyrus, the GT3 RS wheels look good. Makes the SL look sportier. How's the ride quality :)?

What is the GT3 riding on now? Why did u say you had to take out the roof? Did it come with the metal hardtop in upright position when you got it?

Finished product of HONDA ODYSSEY ?