Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-405.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1615606)
O

Welly vis-a-vis Maisto has better detailing and a better range of products. I just confirmed the welly pricing with someone and its 1.5K. so that makes it bang in the Maisto Range. BUT, nowadays after the new pricing has been introduced, Maistos have been priced at a stupidly expensive 1650 and above (except for a few)

Signatures on the other hand cost around 2500K+ so it is a completely different range altogether.

I think you ment 2.5k and not 2500k :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gods-envy (Post 1615828)

Cyrus, Just tried to talk to the distribution center for Welly and that lady(receptionist) had no idea what I was talking about.

Edit 1- Just go through to Mr Vaibhav from Zapak (the distribution centre).
He told me that they recently received the stock and also it would be available across all retail outlets soon.
He also told me that they would not be selling it from this distribution centre.

I have also asked him the modus operandi if we would need to order the same; he would ask someone to get in touch with me at the earliest.
Shall keep the forum updated accordingly.

Edit 2 - Apologies for repeated editing; just got a call from one Mr Deshpande who is handling the Bangalore distribution. He told me that he would be back in Bangalore next week and would meet me and hand me the latest brochures. Shall update you guys accordingly.

Please try and scan the latest brochures which you recieve from them.
Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar (Post 1616485)
I think you ment 2.5k and not 2500k :D.

Please try and scan the latest brochures which you recieve from them.
Thank you.

Yes Indrojit,
shall do it as soon as I get them.

Thanks to you :)

@ siddvi, a nice caprice. i used to see a caprice interceptor way back in 2002-03 in 1:32 scale made by maisto. didn't pick it up then.:Frustrati

anyway...my next model.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddvi (Post 1616307)
@gods-envy: Most of my models are still in their shipping boxes. I'm looking at getting some display cabinets done. Once done you are welcome to see them, will let you know.

I just looked at the 1:24 Chevrolet Caprice(Taxi) and the make is Sunnyside Ltd. BTW, its a 1996 Caprice model.

@Siddvi, nice ride for that scale, been trying to get one of them as well but in 1:18. I have the same one in 1:34 in taxi and police livery, that is what put me off, all the fonts, numbers and everyother demarkation is exact. My model number is SS-6854, so I think it is the same brand.

That will make a lovely diorama indeed. Maybe with some NYC livery at the back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 1617217)
@Siddvi, nice ride for that scale, been trying to get one of them as well but in 1:18. I have the same one in 1:34 in taxi and police livery, that is what put me off, all the fonts, numbers and everyother demarkation is exact. My model number is SS-6854, so I think it is the same brand.

I've the same cop car. Didn't know that a cab version was available too. And yes, it's a Sunnyside/Superior model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 1617217)

Nice pics of the Caprices. The model number on my Caprice is SS-9845, may be the 9 and 6 in the model numbers has something to do with the scale. Yes, both our taxis are identical. Nice cars. Where did you buy them from? The only ones I have seen in 1:18 scale is the 2000 Chevrolet Impala and the NY Checkered Cab.

A similar cop car I have in my collection is again a 1:24 scale, don't remember the make. Will check on it though.

Here's one more taxi 1-24 Scale - 2000 Chevrolet Impala. Maisto make.

@amit V8: What's the model? Is the body shell from a kit or did you make it yourself. Looks good:thumbs up. Please post pics as you progress.

hey amit whats the kit mate, is it Tamiya?

Nice stuff RPM & Siddvi...many years back i had seen a 1:32 scale caprice patrol car for just 100 bucks or less but never really planned to buy it.

OT: BTW there was one White Caprice with U.S consulate in Kolkata, it was a regular spotting as i lived near by...Is it still around

Quote:

Originally Posted by siddvi (Post 1617398)
@amit V8: What's the model? Is the body shell from a kit or did you make it yourself. Looks good:thumbs up. Please post pics as you progress.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 1617571)
hey amit whats the kit mate, is it Tamiya?

its an Aston martin DB5 kit from academy. more wip photos.

The Scale Model Thread-051209_150055.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-051209_150204.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-051209_150222.jpg

Nice Impala There. UPDATE: Keep refreshing this thread for updates. Something new Coming soon!!

@amit V8: Nice pics, what happened to one of the front seats there?

@Cyrus43: Bring it on soon!! I am running out of chips here.

As requested by Arjun, here are some pics of my Scorps. First pic shows them in stock form, and the rest post mods. Bullbars were added to 2 of them. I also added a Bolero to the M&M line up and modded it.

The Scale Model Thread-img_5170.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_5522.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_6927.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_6928.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_6930.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_6931.jpg

Ok Ok. Here you go!! :D

MORE MERCEDES!!

The First two Pics are of the Merc C320 And the last one is an SL500.

@Cyrus43: Those are some beautiful cars you have there and really nice pics.
What scale and make are those? Did you just pick them up? Mind sharing the price. Thanks.

@benbsb29: Nice mods. What material did you use for the bullbar and are those alloys and rubber modded too? Looks neat.