Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-391.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperSelect (Post 1584031)
I collect Citroen 2CV's in every size / scale. Here are some of them, in all possible makes - Solido, Maisto, Wellys, Tomica, Corgi, Urban rider, and Herpa.
The smallest one (Herpa 1:87) is as small as my thumb, and is incredibly well detailed !!
The yellow one with the red roof is a cardboard model I made in my school days..
Apart from these I also have a 1:32 Kit by Airfix, and a few plastic ones, and one made in real Silver.
Here we go !

Where is the 1:1 scale??? :D

@amit: hey I knew you'd like it !!:)
The Mark II was made by maxwell toys, which if I'm not mistaken, was based in Calcutta itself ! But this was years ago, in the 1970's when I was a toddler.
This was the age when Milton toys reigned supreme with their range of cars - just found some of those too, will post them sometime.
Maxwell made these one-off models, they even made a Premier President / Padmini, which too I have - will post it soon.
About the cost, I don't even remember, back in those days it must be ten bucks or something :uncontrol !!
@salil: Arre I'm desperately waiting for that elusive 1:1 Citroen 2CV to come into my life.. !

@ Superselect aka ravi bhai: very nice collection of Citroen 2CV there. The ambassabor from IXO golden color looks very nice, where to get one like that. And you have a Premier Padmani model my my please post pictures soon.

@SuperSelect : Very nice collection the Citroens and Amby. Please post your premier/president pics too.

Awesome 2CV collection, you got all the scales pretty much covered.

My question here is only for DIECAST.
Dude how old are you?:eek:

i must say, great collection.:thumbs up

Good news for all the scale model collectors in Kolkata. We've been searching for a good model store ever since Wanderland Park Street stopped keeping scale models. That search finally seems to have ended.

Yesterday I visited Starmark store at South City Mall. The place has a huge collection of scale models - in 1:18, 1:24 and 1:43. I picked up the famed 1955 Mercedes Benz 300 SLR 722 (in 1:18, Bburago). Sterling Moss had raced this car in Mille Miglia of 1955, reaching the record breaking time of 10 hrs 7 mins that stays unbroken till date.

(The following is the model I picked up. Pic taken from a site. My own photos will come later)

The Scale Model Thread-300-slr-722-model.jpg

The following models are lying in 1:18 scale. Jao, Loot Lo!
  1. 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
  2. 1930 Packard Boattail Roadster
  3. 1930 Maybach Zeppelin roadster
  4. 1938 Mercedes 170V
  5. 1930 Ford Panel Van
  6. Lamborghini Murcielago
  7. Hummer HX concept
  8. 67 Ford Mustang GTA
  9. Some hideous "street king" rendering of a Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
  10. Mercedes CLS
  11. 1936 Mercedes 500K roadster
  12. Lamborghini Diablo
  13. 1960 VW Beetle
Thats all I can remember for now in 1:18. Must have been 3-4 more.

More interesting was the collection in 1:24 and 1:43. Massive no of models. I saw cars as diverse as a 1936 Chrysler Airflow, a VW Microbus and a Plymouth Super Bird.

So AmitV8, Planet, Abhishek_BMW and everyone, what are you waiting for?:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by predatorwheelz (Post 1585239)
Good news for all the scale model collectors in Kolkata.
So AmitV8, Planet, Abhishek_BMW and everyone, what are you waiting for?:D

i know the place, i go there often. i already bought 2 models from there, the challenger and the alfa.

Guys could someone please inform me where can I get monster trucks and those kind of stuff. The real deal.
Thanks and regards

1:25 Lincoln Limousine

@ Ravi, Even I have a Premier Padmini model by Maxwell. It is ages old and is in real bad shape. Will post pictures soon.

Do Post Pictures. I can help you restore it.

Thanks all for the nice comments.
Milton toys brings back a flood of memories. They were the only manufacturer of scale models in India in those days, and boy, for us kids back then they were real rockstas !
I recently found an old catalogue of the original milton range, will post it soon.
Milton had mostly foreign models in their line up. Then came Maxwell, with the Premier and Amby models, and they were an instant success - every boy in the neighbourhood hankered for a Maxwell !
I have a large collection of old Miltons, which need restoration. Time permitting, and with TBHPians' help, I'll start soon. :)
Meanwhile, check these out:
The "Mobilgas" tanker was bought before I was born. It's at least Forty years old, in mint condition.
The "Routemaster" bus dates back to 1974. will be restored soon.
And in between, is a sneak pic of the Premier President (Taxi version). She too is in very bad shape. I intend painting her in the original "Natina Blue" sometime soon !!

Those are some great models :thumbs up

Ravi, i had two of those doubledecker buses as a kid. I have no idea what came of them, though. I remember taking of the roof of one of them and transporting little animal and armymen models in it, while playing. :)