Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-39.html)

Hey Dippy ..I remember the 1st time I opened the Bburago Hood and found the rod to hold the lid up.I thought that was the greatest detailing bit ever. Today if you look at it ..it looks too big. I know sometimes their scales seem wrong.. I have an M Roadster which seems too big to be a 1:18... same case for a Porsche 356B, But still theres some nostalgic element and a feeling of confidence when you buy a Bburago scale model. Dippy your collection inspired me to restart mine. And from 25 in september Ive reached 50, with 3 coming in from abroad. I was able to source some UT Porsche 911s from the US ...these were a bunch I feel we completely missed out on being in India at the time. The RS, GT2, the Turbo of the 993 series are beautiful. The GT2 is selling for upwards of $150 USD...but managed to get a hold of a Carrera and a Carrera RS. Will put up pics when I get the models.

Also I recently bought some Hot Wheels models. Its a hit and miss case with them. The F40 is nice...but I bought a 360 Spyder and it was the worst model ever...When you place it on a table 2 Wheels were suspended in the air and the front was sitting higher than the back...terrible model. Bburagos never had that problem :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEEM3R
Quote:

Originally Posted by ram
Coming back to scale model cars, Bburago was bought over by Maisto in 2005.

I have a 1:16 1984 Ferrari Testarossa and 1961 Jaguar E-type roadster and coupe from Bburago. The quality is very poor. They could not do a chrome trim around the E-type's headlamps -- a simple feature. And the interior lacks detail.
For contrast, I have a racing green Maisto Jaguar Mark two. From the chrome window-sills to the photo-correct instrument panel and detailed tires, Maisto beat Bburago out of the market.

Maisto could produce and sell better quality than Bburago for a lower price.Bburago's Italian wages could not compete with Maisto's Thai wages, and the company went inevitably bankrupt.

Most model collectors here began their collections with Bburagos. They were some of the 1st 1:18 and 1:24 scale models available in India. I know most of the serious collectors here are aware of the buyout and some of them have been upset that Bburago ceased to exist. Well theyre making a comeback and it has to be seen whether Maisto projects Bburago higher than Maisto or not.Just like Hot Wheels has an Elite collection Maisto could sell BBurago as a premium detailed product. Even if they dont for young budding collectors theyre a great way to start :) I still remember bringing home my 550 Maranello and 456 GT and was awestruck by the wheels and detail!!!

Dear friends:

I began my collection in 1961 with a 1:43 1959 Chevrolet Impala by Mini Auto Cars, a range by Morgan Milton Pvt. Ltd. Calcutta. Later added a Studebaker Golden Hawk and Triumph Vitesse.

My first with a steering wheel that could steer the wheels was a 1:18 scale tractor made in the USSR. A first with opening bonnet was a 1:43 scale 1963 Plymouth Fury convertible by Dinky Toys (licensed in India from Dinky, UK, by S. Kumars)

My first 1:18 Bburago in 1985 was a flame red 1984 Ferrari Testarossa.

One hears that there are huge 1:8 scale models with working window winders but I've never seen one yet. Have you?

An unusual one I bought in 1988 is a 1:18 scale Peterbilt Trailer Truck by Tonka USA. This is huge. It has a container trailer with opening doors and it has a realistic, digitally synthesized diesel engine sound with electric starter sound and reversing alarm. Tonkas have been a favorite with American kids since the 1950s.

Ah memories!! :)

Ram

Since none of the cars above are from any indian manufacturer do u any shop in mumbai which sells them apart from obvious ones like modelart?

wow ram... can you put up pics of some of those? anything you wanna sell :) ? Try this site.. www.fineartmodels.com ...theres crazy detailing and they sell for $20,000-$30,000 USD per model... hahaha insane. I wish there would be more stores in India specializing in scale models. So that everybody has access.

Hey Dippy being a mod maybe you could start a seperate place for scale models.............im sure there are plenty of collectors on this website and in india. Maybe a place to buy/sell models too....
Would that be not great?

Recently added 1:18 Guldstrand Signature Edition Corvette.

Its a Golden and bit of blue color Corvette. Strange for Corvette but looks good. I love weird things. Takes my tally to 13 (excl. bikes) but I do have few very nice colored cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram
I began my collection in 1961 with a 1:43 1959 Chevrolet Impala by Mini Auto Cars, a range by Morgan Milton Pvt. Ltd. Calcutta. Later added a Studebaker Golden Hawk and Triumph Vitesse.

Had these with me. Bought from New Market. What an excitement!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by ram
A first with opening bonnet was a 1:43 scale 1963 Plymouth Fury convertible by Dinky Toys (licensed in India from Dinky, UK, by S. Kumars)

Had this one also. Mine was silver gray metallic with blue tinge. Remember tyres having Dunlop with D logo embossed.

Ram, that S. Kumar was big in Calcutta racing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salilpawar1 (Post 332922)
My 1:36 Mitsubshi Lancer Evo VII and VIII at Rs.85 each!!

from where did you buy the evo-s? maisto??

salilpawar,

You have the nice collection.
Nice Pictures..

Mugen.

hello everybody, why isn't anybody saying anything?

Hey, that's a good find! I would be very interested in scale models of cars sold here.

hi Salilpawar

i think for more information you should try to contact the Car manufacturers through email or phone you will get more clue on it or you might get the exact scale model

cheers..

Quote:

Originally Posted by hrag (Post 333727)
Hey, that's a good find! I would be very interested in scale models of cars sold here.

Unfortunately known of the scale model cars which i have posted are manufactured in India. Most of them are Chinese. I feel that it is quite hard to source them. But let's not lose hope.

Thanks Mr.Bangalore but i wonder of how use calling up the manufacuterer would be?? Do u have any idea?

Ok guys here's my first 1:18 die cast model. A Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder convertible. White. First model pics: please be kind!!