Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-36.html)

Just wanna share this funny comparison image of a 1:24 parked next to a 1:43

good pic now add the 1:18 to that picture to compare sizes :)

guys i tried maisto's website for the 1:24 (premium editions) ... but the links (for online shopping) doesnt have an Indian vendor. Maisto has their distributor in Bangalore (ref maisto's website) but they only take bulk orders.

@all of you - suggest me one / two online shops in India from where i can buy the scale models.

the 1:24s are available at Shoppers Stop / West Side, but they have very limited options to choose from.

i have a 2006 ford mustang (1:24) and i am looking for a Mitsubishi evo (1:24 / 18) and Nissan Skyline (code: 31325). i have placed an order with shoppers stope but they didnt bother to follow up.

i am looking forward for any kinda help. thanks in advance.

take care and drive safe. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by planet_rocker
guys i tried maisto's website for the 1:24 (premium editions) ... but the links (for online shopping) doesnt have an Indian vendor. Maisto has their distributor in Bangalore (ref maisto's website) but they only take bulk orders.

@all of you - suggest me one / two online shops in India from where i can buy the scale models.

the 1:24s are available at Shoppers Stop / West Side, but they have very limited options to choose from.

i have a 2006 ford mustang (1:24) and i am looking for a Mitsubishi evo (1:24 / 18) and Nissan Skyline (code: 31325). i have placed an order with shoppers stope but they didnt bother to follow up.

i am looking forward for any kinda help. thanks in advance.

take care and drive safe. :)

Dude .. try this link.. you might get what you are looking for.
http://www.modelartindia.com/

Hey sinner thanks for the site...hopefully Ill pick up an auto art from there soon!

Cheers,
Rahul.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahul14
Hey sinner thanks for the site...hopefully Ill pick up an auto art from there soon!

Cheers,
Rahul.

Your most welcome buddy..... But just a though... if you are in mumbai then why not go and visit the shop... Its at Inorbit Mall Malad. First flooer , Just next to the escalator.

here some more by my side!!

My alfa romeo gt, R1, motoguzzi lemans.

The wheel...

The Real Deal..

sorry for the poor photography still learning!!

Ive got the following 1:18

1) McLaren F1 GTR Lemans Racer
2) Ford GT
3) McLaren MP4 21 (kimi)
4) Mercedes Bezn McLaren SLR
5) Ferrari Enzo
6) Ferrari Scaglietti
7) Bugatti Veyron EB16
8) Ford GT90 concept (NFS Racer)
9) Pagani Zonda
10) Lincoln Towncar limo

Sadly cant put up any pics they are all in India... All from ModelArt, forum Bangalore...

Yep Ive been there...in fact picked up a maybach 62 and 911 gt3 in auto art- great pieces...its just that websites make it far easier to search and order stuff rather than going there from nepeansea road every time...

Hey Guys.. Im attaching pictures of my 1:18 collection. There are 42 cars and counting. Hope you guys like them and feel free to comment.

Regards
BEEM3R

Could you guys please: resize the pic to more acceptable levels, say around 60 - 70 KB. These 500 kb file sizes sap all the strength of my net connection and also eat up my monthly allocation. You could use a program called irfanview available for free at www.irfanview.com to edit your pictures.

Hi BEEM3R:

Among a bunch of commonplace 1:18 Ferraris and Jaguars,
the Raymond Loewy designed 1953 Studebaker Starliner coupe is a work of art. :)

Who is the manufacturer of your 1:18 scale model? Is it the Special Edition by Maisto of Thailand?

Pic is somewhat out of focus though.

Great that you stuck to the 1:18 scale format throughout without mixing scales like some others!

Ram

Hey Ram,

The Studebaker Starliner is made by Maisto, and Im really impressed with that particular model. The detailing is great for the price and has the greatest softest suspension any scale model could have. Its like how the Lincoln TownCar rides. You press the boot down and the whole car will just sit and then come up ever so slowly. I know some of the cars are commonplace but those are essentials to a great collection. 1:18 is the perfect scale according to me, others are either too big or too small. And when you see so many of them together its like a miniature world. After collecting a set number of cars I want to start sourcing more rare scale models. Glad you liked them. If you want I can send more pics of the Studebaker.

Regards
BEEM3R

Hi BEEM3R,

Yes. Do post more pics of the 1953 Studebaker Starliner coupe.
One of the cars you may like to source (if you don't have one already) is
a 1:18 scale model of the 1959 Chevrolet Impala from Yat-Ming.

(click on the pic)

A truly beautiful car, I'd mentioned it in this post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/281501-post495.html

Ram

that is beautiful...though the most breathtaking of the time I think was the Thunderbird. I want it in a similar blue with the spare at the back. It had really smooth lines for a car at that time. Im really slowly finding myself getting into older cars and often read your posts with much interest. I will attach pics soon. And keep you posted on any new interesting cars I find.

Regards
BEEM3R