Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-329.html)

went to sapphire myself just to look
they have some nice bburago and maisto models in 1;18 and some 1:27

no 1:43.
No scorpio and No Bolero
some nice little matchbox "working models" tipper trucks, concrete RMC trucks etc.

no other vehicles which I personally felt the desire for in terms of adding to my collection.

I prefer Auto Art - they are expensive yes but their detailing is addictive and once you get hooked it is tough to compromise after wards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 1447098)
@ predatorwheelz, apni model collect koren?? (you collect model cars) WOW!!!
may i know , why were they not posted here before??:)

@ shankar balan, you can get a scorpio by centy toys but its fully plastic. the metal one is horrible.
here are mine-

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1448745)
have you checked hamleys in London?
Or those nice car showrooms around Park Lane?
while the scale models will be expensive, they are well worth it as they are original and the finish is impeccable.

I have checked out hamleyes on regent street, i bought few models from there. they stopped selling their own brand models, even harrods have some nice models.

harrods too - but a bit pricey.
consider also the actual car showrooms, they keep scale models.
the paul smith showroom in covent garden too - theyve got a baby Mini Cooper with the Brit flag on it. Saw it there some time ago but didnt buy. But I later went and bought one of those in their India showroom - very nice looking car.
Quote:

Originally Posted by zibby (Post 1449325)
I have checked out hamleyes on regent street, i bought few models from there. they stopped selling their own brand models, even harrods have some nice models.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 1448761)
went to sapphire myself just to look
they have some nice bburago and maisto models in 1;18 and some 1:27

no 1:43.
No scorpio and No Bolero

There r two sapphire shops one in Brigade road, the other in richmand road which one did you went to? Last time i saw a lot of centy toys.

Well Model Art in Forum mall is another paradise for us.

my vw microbus scale model

The 1938 Mercedes 770 known as 'Großer' Mercedes (large Mercedes) would have been the most expensive German automobile at that time.

Known to have been the parade limousine for Adolf Hitler and other Nazi commanders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by veldeep (Post 1449779)
my vw microbus scale model

Hey i too have the same and in same color, a trailer loaded with Beetle also came along with it, will post pictures soon.

BRILLIANT!!!! Where di you pick her up from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gautomobile (Post 1449892)
The 1938 Mercedes 770 known as 'Großer' Mercedes (large Mercedes) would have been the most expensive German automobile at that time.

Known to have been the parade limousine for Adolf Hitler and other Nazi commanders.

merc looks beautiful, what make and scale is it.

@ zippy

The Merc is a Signature model. And its 1:18.

@ Gautam,
Its my dream to own this scale models & still its a dream as before I can pick up, someone else has picked it up from Prabhat last year.

1:25 Scale, Chevy Astro Minivan

Chevy Express 2500, Cargo Van. Scale 1:25

Ok, finally managed some time to post the rest of the collection.

1. 1996 Ferrari 550 Maranello

No collection is complete without atleast one Ferrari, is it:)?. This is the only non-Merc model I've paid for out of my own pocket. We sighted an actual Ferrari 550 Maranello in Delhi, in 1999. (Our family was coming back from a long trip to the Himalayas, and were staying over for a day at Delhi). The image of the monster burbling next to us at a signal, then screaming away as the lights turned green was unforgettable. Very soon, found a scale model at a store in Kolkata, and simply couldn't stay away from it.

The model in question is another Bburago. Details to notice are the beautiful V12 engine, and the space saver spare in the boot.

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02847.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02849.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02848.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02846.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02850.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02851.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02852.jpg

2. 1992 Toyota Landcruiser

This one's a Yat Ming. My mom liked the fact that her son was collecting 1:18 scale models, and she gifted him one everytime her work took her abroad. Unfortunately, the word "Mercedes" never really registered to her, and she brought back a random model everytime:D. Thats why I have this 1:18 SUV, as well as 2 American beauties I'd never set out to collect! No probs mom, everything goes!

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02866.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02865.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02867.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02864.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-dsc02863.jpg

i no longer go to the one on Brigade road - parking etc.
the one on richmond road is much bigger
but frankly any day I prefer going to ModelArt - I vastly prefer Auto Art 1:43 Scale models - their detailing and quality is TOPS - well worth the expense.
but of late - last 7-8 months I ve not seen many new ones in their collection that I want to own. \
Or else what theyve had in the shop, when I visited, I ve already got with me in my collection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manishalive (Post 1449660)
There r two sapphire shops one in Brigade road, the other in richmand road which one did you went to? Last time i saw a lot of centy toys.

Well Model Art in Forum mall is another paradise for us.