Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-289.html)

That is some Stunning Photography Sathee!! Well done!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathee46 (Post 1317779)
I was playing around with my scale models and my cam, hope you guys like it.

Great camera work buddy clap:

I did some mods on my Celica on the lines of what Amit had mentioned a few posts ago. Also converted the interiors to black, in line with the sports theme. Here are some pics.

The Scale Model Thread-img_5105.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_5104.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-img_5103.jpg

Very Very Sexy!!! What paint have u used?? Looks like a permanant marker...Use Spray paint cans instead!!

@ benbsb29, you are my man. great job.clap:

@ BANDHAV, here's mine-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1321342)
Very Very Sexy!!! What paint have u used?? Looks like a permanant marker...Use Spray paint cans instead!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 1322044)
@ benbsb29, you are my man. great job.

Thanks guys.

Cyrus, a permanent marker is what i had used. May decide to start using spray paints sometime in the future.

Toyota GT1
The Scale Model Thread-gt1.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-toyota-gt1.jpg

MR2
The Scale Model Thread-ms2.jpg

Audi Quattro
The Scale Model Thread-audi.jpg

Mitsubishi Evo VI
The Scale Model Thread-evo.jpg

Subaru Impreza
The Scale Model Thread-scooby.jpg

Citreon DS
The Scale Model Thread-ds.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-ds1.jpg

Renault
The Scale Model Thread-renault.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-renault-12.jpg

Fiat 500
The Scale Model Thread-500.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-501.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-502.jpg

Great collection... very good..

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 1322072)
Thanks guys.

Cyrus, a permanent marker is what i had used. May decide to start using spray paints sometime in the future.

LOL, it's not some insurance policy to think about 'sometime in the future'. Get a spray can from a hardware store, mask the unwanted portions using cellotape and paper (just like Mr. Chip Foose!), a few bursts of spray here and there, and voila you'll get the best paint job.

Trust me, if you do it properly, it is much better than the marker pen, considering that I used to paint my cars with marker pens too before Cyrus the Great, introduced me to spray painting.

@ zibby, AWESOME models. who makes them??

some better pictures of my plymouth pickup.
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00861.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00862.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00863.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00864.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00865.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00866.jpg

an indian UV (MUV+SUV) meet at my house.
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00853.jpg
The Scale Model Thread-dsc00856.jpg

That 500 looks sooooooooo sweet!!! I need to get that 1:18 500 Really Badly now!!

@zibby, Don't you mean 1:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shantanu Borate (Post 1324547)
Great collection... very good..

Thanks for your comments

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit V8 (Post 1325866)
@ zibby, AWESOME models. who makes them??

I am not sure about the make of the models, but toyota mr2 make is Maxi Car and the Fiat 500 is bought from the Fiat showroom.
Cool pick up truck and nice collection of jeeps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 1325876)
That 500 looks sooooooooo sweet!!! I need to get that 1:18 500 Really Badly now!!

@zibby, Don't you mean 1:43

Well spotted cyrus (typo). I am also looking for a 1/18 model of 500, I had seen one in the shops time back for £20 its a Mondo kit 1/18. The showroom are selling the same model for £30.

Quote:

Originally Posted by salilpawar1 (Post 1325685)
LOL, it's not some insurance policy to think about 'sometime in the future'. Get a spray can from a hardware store, mask the unwanted portions using cellotape and paper (just like Mr. Chip Foose!), a few bursts of spray here and there, and voila you'll get the best paint job.

Use masking tape (like Mr Foose!), it will give you proper results. cello tape might spoil your paint. masking tape is easily available. 10-20 bucks for a roll. Also burst method will just leave an uneven glob, with running paint. best results spray side to side, beyond the area needed to be painted (here the masking tape and paper does its job)

Also a word of caution. be careful when painting plastic. the thinner in automotive paints can melt it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustangMan (Post 1326108)
Use masking tape (like Mr Foose!), it will give you proper results. cello tape might spoil your paint. masking tape is easily available. 10-20 bucks for a roll. Also burst method will just leave an uneven glob, with running paint. best results spray side to side, beyond the area needed to be painted (here the masking tape and paper does its job)

Also a word of caution. be careful when painting plastic. the thinner in automotive paints can melt it.

Very Well put... I buy tons of masking tape, i even use it for other things other than Painting...

Also remember, Paint only in one direction i.e. SIDE TO SIDE. And never spray directly on surface. Start from outside to inside.

Anyways, The real reason for this post is follows..

Oye Cyrus - they sure look mean, duuuude !