Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-184.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 916553)

I would definately go for the Reventon.. the 8C finish does not look good in pics..

Cyrus : dude definatly the reventon

Cyrus,

It has to be the Reventon. PERIOD.

Hi folks,
Here are two magnificent German machines. The Mercedes Benz SSKL, 1931, in which Rudolf Caracciola won the Mille Miglia and the Fokker Dr.1,Triplane made famous by Baron Von Richthofen. the German ace. The Merc is a Bburago 1:18 and the Triplane is a 1:48 New Ray plastic kit assembled by me.:)

Wow dussey. You seem to have a fetish for Mercs i see. Or is it all things german..??

Is the Mercedes Model 1:18??

Edit-I love the dashboard and the exhausts..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 917550)
Wow dussey. You seem to have a fetish for Mercs i see. Or is it all things german..??

Is the Mercedes Model 1:18??

Edit-I love the dashboard and the exhausts..

Yes I do have preferences for the Merc as they are great machines and very well built.Moreso,because I am restoring a 1938 Merc Type 170V (real one). Not to worry, you will see other marques too. I thought the Fokker Triplane and the Merc compliment each other, in the sky as well as the ground !!
The Merc is a Bburrago 1 : 18.

Anyone has bought the "Welly" brand. How good or bad is it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 918693)
Anyone has bought the "Welly" brand. How good or bad is it?

I am considering buying a Welly. But not until I get conformation that it has quality as good or better than MotorMax and Maisto...

I did see some of the Welly brand at a local toy store - i guess they were 1:24. didnt get to have a good look but the packaging looked horrible.

Dussey!
Fantastic.
White was the Racing colour of the old Mercedes cars in the '30 's! Lovely!
This is a bit OT but I m a fan of the old First World War planes too. Comes of reading too much "Biggles" I guess!
I went specifically to the RAF Museum in Hendon, North London to view and spend time with those beautiful aircraft.
Do get in touch if you are also of a similar set of interests!
Let me know and I ll PM you my email and phone no.
Cheers
shankar
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dussey (Post 917540)
Hi folks,
Here are two magnificent German machines. The Mercedes Benz SSKL, 1931, in which Rudolf Caracciola won the Mille Miglia and the Fokker Dr.1,Triplane made famous by Baron Von Richthofen. the German ace. The Merc is a Bburago 1:18 and the Triplane is a 1:48 New Ray plastic kit assembled by me.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 920292)
Dussey!
Fantastic.
White was the Racing colour of the old Mercedes cars in the '30 's! Lovely!
This is a bit OT but I m a fan of the old First World War planes too. Comes of reading too much "Biggles" I guess!
I went specifically to the RAF Museum in Hendon, North London to view and spend time with those beautiful aircraft.
Do get in touch if you are also of a similar set of interests!
Let me know and I ll PM you my email and phone no.
Cheers
shankar

Thanks,Shankar.balan. Yes I am a Aircraft enthusiast too.,especially WW1 & WW2. I have always wanted to see the RAF Museum when I am in London,but since most times its with family,other things take precedence.Maybe I will make it one day. I have a small collection of aircraft models too. Used to do a bit of aeromodelling long ago. Now vintage/Classic cars and bikes ,(both the real ones and scale models) are my preference. Please do PM your mail Id & phone and keep in touch.

@Cyrus: The Reventon is a better buy anyday. The Alfa is by Welly and the quality is not upto Bburago or Maisto. I have a Vw New Beetle by Welly. Quality is ok ok. I have compared it with the Bburago Beetle and the Welly is not as good.

Dear Patrons, friends & well-wishers,

The run-up to the 10th anniversary of Ford’s Special Vehicles Team (SVT) had Mustang better all its past records in terms of performance and sales.

The Ford Motor Company also witnessed a sea of change over the turn of the century with a new young, dynamic Chairman on whose shoulders a very burden was placed – to reverse flagging sales and losses. Taking up the challenge, following his instincts and daring to ride untraveled paths in the face of skepticism, he did make a difference.

And not to forget that great man Carroll Shelby, who gave the Mustang the power to outrun its competitors all through the 1960s, we bring you an update on his company too.

Read about the great Mustangs and these great personalities in our July 2008 issue:
V7-I7 July 2008.pdf - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage

Best regards,
Neil D’Costa
Co-founder – Autofest City
MYSORE - INDIA

few more pics from digital camera.

look at the seat belt in the last but one pic.. :)
I must say attention to detail is great in this model

Ford Gt/ Bmw R1100/ Ferrari Fxx