Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-144.html)

you're good..yea it is a 1:36 from kinsmart. This car is going to remain as it as right now. I like it that way. My other purchases for the day...well...cant assure anything of its "originality"

Have a look.
Though the car is a kinsmart. It has staggering detail for a 1:36

Edit-Credit goes to SALIL PAWAR a.k.a. salilpawar1 for guiding me to the place where these cars were.
sorry for the poor quality of pics. taken from my cell phone camera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA (Post 777285)
you're good..yea it is a 1:36 from kinsmart. This car is going to remain as it as right now. I like it that way. My other purchases for the day...well...cant assure anything of its "originality"

Have a look.
Though the car is a kinsmart. It has staggering detail for a 1:36

Edit-Credit goes to SALIL PAWAR a.k.a. salilpawar1 for guiding me to the place where these cars were.
sorry for the poor quality of pics. taken from my cell phone camera.

Hey, nice ones, I have never seen the Evo from Kinsmart before. I have seen the HUMMER H2, Porsche Carrera GT, Ford Mustang GT, Ford GT (happen to have all of them), also seen the Mercedes Benz CL500, Volkswagen New Beetle, Lexus SC and Scion tC. But have never come across the Evo. Looks pretty neat, and I see you have worked the wheels in the yellow one as well :)... you seem to enjoy doing the mods. All the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF (Post 777322)
Hey, nice ones, I have never seen the Evo from Kinsmart before. I have seen the HUMMER H2, Porsche Carrera GT, Ford Mustang GT, Ford GT (happen to have all of them), also seen the Mercedes Benz CL500, Volkswagen New Beetle, Lexus SC and Scion tC. But have never come across the Evo. Looks pretty neat, and I see you have worked the wheels in the yellow one as well :)... you seem to enjoy doing the mods. All the best.

Have you seen the Beetle RSi?? that car look soo cool. Anyways. The detailing in the evo is really good. The intercooler is the crowning glory...have a look. Such detail in this scale. :thumbs up

Secondly-What mods should i do?

I have added a Chevy 55 and 1960 Lotus Elite; will post pictures once i get some time to shoot.

GTA let me know from where did you pick up the Evo, do guide me too as i am in Bombay hopefully on 11th / 12th April.

Cyrus, you got to do something about those tires on the Ford GT. They look more for offroad than supercar. Not acceptable for a model in this day and age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 777887)
Cyrus, you got to do something about those tires on the Ford GT. They look more for offroad than supercar. Not acceptable for a model in this day and age.

LoL i know. Let me figure something out. It is 1:32 so its kinda ok BUTTTTT lemme see what i can do.

My latest addition - the faithful Ambassador:D

1:43 IXO Classic - 1980 Hindustan Ambassador (Gold)
The Scale Model Thread-scale143_hindustan_ambassador_001.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-scale143_hindustan_ambassador_003.jpg

The Scale Model Thread-scale143_hindustan_ambassador_004.jpg

Do I see the 3 pointed star on the Amby? I have seen this one at Gift Centre. It seems it is only available in this color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 778702)
Do I see the 3 pointed star on the Amby? I have seen this one at Gift Centre. It seems it is only available in this color.

Where did you see the three pointed star??

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTA (Post 778706)

The wheel caps have them.

Quote:

The wheelcaps!

Infact the detailing is not that precise. The rims and the front indicators belong to Ambys of a different era.

@GTA,
both the evos share the same underbody and interiors, so you can interchange them for fun. These Kinsmart evos are a slap on the face of AutoArt and its ultraexpensive :deadhorse1:43 evos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 778714)
The wheel caps have them.

That was standard fitment on the Amby. And they look like The Merc sign but it isnt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 778702)

Quote:

@blackadder, yes that is a three pointed star, I noticed it as well, but this was the only Amby I could find around that was diecast, it is from IXO, so I had to forego on that nitty detail. On my trip to India last year, all I saw were those plastic ones.

@GTA, adder is talking about the wheelcaps.

The thing I like about this model very much is how neatly they have placed the exhaust pipe and fuel cap.

That was standard fitment? I would believe that Mercedes would sue HM if they ever used their emblem on the Amby. I always believed that those caps were an after market job.

[COLOR=#eee]Guys, check out this old post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram
[COLOR=#eee]Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1
1:43 Diecast HM Ambassador1

1:43 Morris Oxford

You can get non-standard aftermarket chrome wheel caps with a three-pointed star embossed.
When the wheel spins, each of the three light-facing surfaces of the star flash a reflection,
giving a cute Mercedes-Benz star like effect.
However these hubcaps were aftermarket and seen on very few Hindustan Ambassadors. They were certainly not stock.

The tall bumper overriders came on the original Hindustan Ambassador and were replaced on the Mark II with smaller curved ones. (The Mark IV came with black rubber overriders). The ones in both models are the tall ones that strictly belong only in the black car (Ambassador 1957-1962) below.

The brown Ambassador Model is a (1975-1979) Mark III wearing a (1979-1990) Mark IV grille.
The Mark III grille was so wide that the parking lights had to be farther apart center-to-center than the headlamps.

The solid bonnet ornament in the brown model is correct for an Ambassador Mark III. It is out of place on the black car below. The old original Ambassador had a bonnet ornament that was thinner, more art-deco and had a chrome "H" in a maroon circle.

The models are therefore somehow a hotch-potch of multiple Ambassador models.

Where is the correctness, one usually finds in model brands like Franklin Mint, Brooklin models, Solido and Box.

Does anybody remember when the opposing wipers were replaced with ones that park near-parallely on the left?

Wonder how authentic the rear of the black car is. It should have round conical turn signal and tail-lights, while the brown car should have flat ones.

The dashboard of the black car should have the bulging upper surface in the center of the car. Not above the steering position. On the other hand the instrument cowl on the brown Mark III is in the right place.

What's the name of the German manufacturer of these 1:43 die-casts?

Ram[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]