Team-BHP - The Scale Model Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The Scale Model Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1639-scale-model-thread-102.html)

Agspins,

I too, have the RAV4 (yellow-hard-top with a bull bar) and also, the white SL500, Dodge Viper, Lambo Diablo and the Mitsubishi Pajero.

There's one funny thing about the Pajero. The maker claims that it is a 1:24 !!!:Shockked: Post the rear end pics of the Pajero. I love the detailing of the sparewheel !

I had a good mind to pick up either a Scorpio or the Bolero model at the ACI show but when he told me its plastic I changed my mind. I'm renewing my ACi subscription. Have quite a range to choose from for the free 1:18 model

Quote:

There's one funny thing about the Pajero. The maker claims that it is a 1:24 !!!:Shockked: Post the rear end pics of the Pajero. I love the detailing of the sparewheel !
Salil.... ekdum barobar..agree: I too spotted that 1:24 thing...the best thing about this model is its weight and detailing.will post rear pics soon

Guys just wanted to know if 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air is a muscle car - how worth is it (Maisto 1:18) from a collector's point of view?

The 1962 Bel Air is not a muscle car. It was a premium level model of Chevrolet's. For me the most desirable one of the lot is the 1957 Bel Air. Yatming makes a model of it. AFAIK, the 1962 was not one of Maisto's best. Among the few 1960s and 1970s cars that Maisto made, this one was probably the least desirable. Just my 2 paise.

i didnt know maisto made scale models...anyways..am going to pheonix mills tomorrow will have a full update on everything available there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackadder (Post 641037)
The 1962 Bel Air is not a muscle car. It was a premium level model of Chevrolet's. For me the most desirable one of the lot is the 1957 Bel Air. Yatming makes a model of it. AFAIK, the 1962 was not one of Maisto's best. Among the few 1960s and 1970s cars that Maisto made, this one was probably the least desirable. Just my 2 paise.

Already acquired it :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by diecastfreak (Post 640732)
how worth is it (Maisto 1:18) from a collector's point of view?

I guess its too late now but if your looking for sometihng that will be worth more later or hold its value, Maisto isnt the brand you should look at.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 641294)
I guess its too late now but if your looking for sometihng that will be worth more later or hold its value, Maisto isnt the brand you should look at.

Problem is it is really difficult to get Autoart and others in Kolkata.

Quote:

Problem is it is really difficult to get Autoart and others in Kolkata.
That is the problem most of the people face around,with exception to a few places like mumbai...where they have some decent shops like model art around.
Here at ahmedabad only a few stores like crossword(maisto & signarure) n pyramid(maisto) have few models with them.
In a nutshell only maisto is the only brand which available around...
so even we wish a kyosho,aeoshima,jada or motomax....have to settle around with maisto's

Youre right agspins

We in India get a very limited no. and variety of models. Its all the same everywhere you go and towards the end even Model Art at Mumbai did not have anything exclusive. If you check out ebay US you'll be amazed at the models available there. Thes best way is have someone buy them then and send it across with someone. Shipping it makes it very expensive. I have stopped buying from the locals shops since I cant buy something no one else has . I buy from Ebay US and have it sent across.

Quote:

I buy from Ebay US and have it sent across.
doesnt it, makes into a costly affair ? like 30% or so custom duties here in india
apart from clearance charges n all or say if it is being shipped by UPS/DHL
then the charges like $40-50 per piece and insurance extra

I think Dippy meant you buy it off ebay using your credit card, send it to a relative or friend and whenever someone comes down have it brought down by hand. That way you dont incur duty etc. I bought some Bentleys from the Bentley website and had them shipped to India via FedEx, haha I paid duties and what not. Spent a hell of a lot of money but couldnt wait for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by agspins (Post 641527)
doesnt it, makes into a costly affair ? like 30% or so custom duties here in india
apart from clearance charges n all or say if it is being shipped by UPS/DHL
then the charges like $40-50 per piece and insurance extra

You didnt get my point. My cousin staying in the US buys them. he doesnt ship them across. He send them to me with whoever is coming from the US. I save on shipping that way. I have to be patient but then I save a lot. Plus you get good deals on ebay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 641573)
You didnt get my point. My cousin staying in the US buys them. he doesnt ship them across. He send them to me with whoever is coming from the US. I save on shipping that way. I have to be patient but then I save a lot. Plus you get good deals on ebay.

Dippy are those brand new or from other collectors? I saw good deals from Amazon.com also - I am planning to go your way too. Sick of seeing Maistos everywhere.

PS: I am returning the Chevrolet Bel Air for now :uncontrol