Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2006, 20:33   #31
SLK
Senior - BHPian

@ECM.. those tests refused to run on my PC... i don't know why... but nevermind.

You have actually given me a new hope... that the secret question must be the same!!... so I would keep trying the answers there and see if I can get through.
Old 31st August 2006, 22:23   #32
ECM
BHPian

Dont do anything I repeat for 48 hours as repeated attempts by you may block your account by yahoo and still I feel when zip and bdate is NOT changed then mostly your account may not be hacked but locked,wait for 48 hrs and dont try login into yr account.Have patience my friend and I wish u all the best.
Old 31st August 2006, 22:56   #33
SLK
Senior - BHPian

.. its been 9 days now... so shouldn't really bother about 48hrs.
My account was hijacked.. as i received a password change notification mail on alt. id...
The question is "City of birth?" .... and I am still guessing!
Old 31st August 2006, 22:59   #34
ECM
BHPian

Try "Kabul" !
Old 1st September 2006, 09:52   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK

The IP address of the computer which changed my password is from Buenos Aires...

Beware people...
Can you share the IP of the computer which changed your password and how did you come to know about such an IP
Old 1st September 2006, 11:44   #36
BHPian

hey slk..just came across your thread.. till about a couple of years ago..i used to be an active cracker..(people who help by hacking for the good).. what i percieve from what you have said is that you are very sure that the password is hacked and all the remote desktop things are immaterial as it already has been 7 days..BUT since you have been trying everyday for the past 7 days..you should give it a break (though chances are less but give it a try..as you already had a mail on your alternate id)

In other means, which i used to do too..there are fake ebay sites, fake hotmail/yahoo sites.. you will never ever be able to notice that these are fake..but what they do is ask you to login to check your mail or login for ebay etc. and whence you login the two fields (username and password) that you enter are sent to a secret email address..so basically that person has full access to your account now ..and when you enter the password..you will just get a page saying wrong password or an error 404..so you wont try again.. or in some cases you're redirected to the real yahoo page.
this is the highest probable thing that has happened with you, i know how successful it is, ive made many like these around 2 years ago..
Old 1st September 2006, 20:46   #37
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.tec
hey slk..just came across your thread.. till about a couple of years ago..i used to be an active cracker..(people who help by hacking for the good).. what i percieve from what you have said is that you are very sure that the password is hacked and all the remote desktop things are immaterial as it already has been 7 days..BUT since you have been trying everyday for the past 7 days..you should give it a break (though chances are less but give it a try..as you already had a mail on your alternate id)

In other means, which i used to do too..there are fake ebay sites, fake hotmail/yahoo sites.. you will never ever be able to notice that these are fake..but what they do is ask you to login to check your mail or login for ebay etc. and whence you login the two fields (username and password) that you enter are sent to a secret email address..so basically that person has full access to your account now ..and when you enter the password..you will just get a page saying wrong password or an error 404..so you wont try again.. or in some cases you're redirected to the real yahoo page.
this is the highest probable thing that has happened with you, i know how successful it is, ive made many like these around 2 years ago..
Dear Vtec,there is a very easy to method find genuine and fake yahoo site when it asks for your login details.Genuine yahoo login req site never has www. in its web address,for example try to login at at www.mail.yahoo.com to check your email and see what happens.Login page which will come up after u hit enter will be this https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.src=ym now see there it shows no.2 in the webaddress that means its your 2nd attempt as u typed www ahead of the link!!
Not only that when u type www.yahoo.com and then go to my yahoo this link will come and see that www.is missing in it replaced by http protocol !>http://e.my.yahoo.com/config/my_init...ner=my&.from=i
Yahoo is secure if you use your brain,only thing one must keep in mind that there is simple http or https followed by the link while login in yahoo sites.I hope this helps.

Last edited by ECM : 1st September 2006 at 20:48.
Old 1st September 2006, 21:30   #38
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA
Can you share the IP of the computer which changed your password and how did you come to know about such an IP
Here's how it works...
I recieved the following mail from yahoo ...
Quote:
Your Yahoo! ID is: xxxxxxxxxx
Your password for this account has recently been changed. You don't need to do anything, this message is simply a notification to protect the security of your account.

Please note: your new password may take awhile to activate. If it doesn't work on your first try, please try it again later.

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. For further help or to contact support, please see http://help.yahoo.com/help/edit/

You can always change your password by doing the following:

1. Sign in to any Yahoo! service
2. Click on any "Account Info" link
3. Choose "Change Password"

If you cannot find an "Account Info" link, you can sign in to My Yahoo!
(http://my.yahoo.com) and you'll find it in the upper right corner.

[200.82.37.45]
So at the end of this message the IP address is of the computer which changed the password.

I looked up this IP at the Asia Pacific NIC .. www.apnic.net .. which instead pointed me to the South American NIC... which had some more info on the IP.
Old 1st September 2006, 23:23   #39
BHPian

Okie...
Now I have lost my account too, mysteriously, about 2 days back. I regularly login using messenger. And yesterday it just didnt login. I though it was some network problem. Then when i tried login to mail, it also failed.

Another one of my friend also affected. I am trying thru some yahoo! insider to get my account reset... Lets see what happens.

Forget the customer service. I guess they are sending some automated message.
Old 2nd September 2006, 17:57   #40
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Forget the customer service. I guess they are sending some automated message.
The customer care responds.... but you need to know your original secret question/answer or else they'll bluntly refuse to help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks