Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2006, 15:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Heavy rains hit Delhi n NCR this morning (pics)

Finally some rains in north but i guess its become too much.....
Anyways what it has done is:
1. Temp is down to 25
2. roads have been turned to rivers
3. Lots of traffic jams
4. School Children having a day off
5. Cars running in these rivers will start making all kinds of noise by tomorrow..

In front of my house

Palio speed boat

KP

Last edited by kpzen : 12th July 2006 at 15:08.
Old 12th July 2006, 15:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

It was really crazy on the roads this morning.....we had no idea coming from Gurgaon around 6.45 am till we hit Vasant Kunj and then....WHAM!!!!! it was like the heavens just broke loose. I don't think I've seen rain of this intensity & force for quite a while and especially driving in it was an experience! Dropped kids to school in Chanakyapuri and reached back home by around 8.15 so that wasn't so bad. The car was ROCK SOLID throughout despite heavy winds (in some places)

What was worse was the next leg - Gurgaon to Office (Okhla Phase III, near Modi Mill). All was well till Qutub and then the traffic started, the worst bit was, as usual, starting from Kalkaji Mandir till the Modi Mill flyover. Took me an hour & forty five minutes for the ride (as against the usual fifty minutes to an hour) but I was well prepared with a couple of Deep Purple CDs so it was slightly bearable!

Man, I hope it doesn't pour again on the way back, CANNOT take another two hours of CRAWLING!!!
Old 12th July 2006, 17:31   #3
Senior - BHPian

That looks bad ! Whats with the Infrastructure of these so called MODERN METROS in India ? Just a passing shower and all roads turn rivers !! 1st Mumbai and now NCR ...
Old 12th July 2006, 17:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
That looks bad ! Whats with the Infrastructure of these so called MODERN METROS in India ? Just a passing shower and all roads turn rivers !! 1st Mumbai and now NCR ...
Well, it was not just a passing shower but a good three hours plus.....having said that, they definitely need to revamp the drainage system (now why does that sound familiar ) & keep the traffic lights in working order during these torrential downpours because thats what compounds the already messy situation.
Old 12th July 2006, 20:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

this is nothing if we compare industrial area of faridabad . my house is 3.3 kms to be percise from my office. I normally take 20-30 min to cover this distance....lol now add rains to that.........
Old 12th July 2006, 21:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

This happens at least once or more every year....How does one drive through this with a K&N conical installed in his ride???
Old 12th July 2006, 22:50   #7
SLK
Senior - BHPian

.. hmm... that explains... why I was the first in the office... today!
I somehow did not have any obstruction in my 10kms drive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks