Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2006, 12:26   #76
BHPian

Movie looks to be better then 2f2f...... veilside widebody RX7s, RWD Evos but did they have to stuff a rice motor in the Mustang? that too a 67 Fastback. The soundtrack even has a song called 'Mustang Nismo". Agreed the Skyline RB motor is super, but the Mustang is V8 territory! (hope it will not give local mechanics ideas to put diesel engines in the few Mustangs that are left)
anyway expecting some good action and not computer-gen cartoonish camera fly-bys.

See IGN for more info on the car: http://cars.ign.com/articles/710/710765p1.html

photo IGN
Old 14th June 2006, 13:40   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan
Movie looks to be better then 2f2f...... veilside widebody RX7s, RWD Evos but did they have to stuff a rice motor in the Mustang? that too a 67 Fastback. The soundtrack even has a song called 'Mustang Nismo". Agreed the Skyline RB motor is super, but the Mustang is V8 territory! (hope it will not give local mechanics ideas to put diesel engines in the few Mustangs that are left)
anyway expecting some good action and not computer-gen cartoonish camera fly-bys.
IGN
excellent find mate!!

however extremely unnecessary.

even the GOD of all flat 6 motors cannot improve the handling of a mustang...

please leave the RB26 where it belongs...

bought my tickets for the prime time show tomorrow...looking forward to seeing some wicked rides on and off the screen in Sydney tomorrow!!

Me drive my GTR and find a good spot to park!!! time to bring out that car wax.....
Old 14th June 2006, 13:57   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR

even the GOD of all flat 6 motors cannot improve the handling of a mustang...

Easily fixed nowadays. Coilover front & rear suspension systems avaliable for all Classic mustangs. In fact they did it to the stunt cars in the movies.

The only reason to do this was to amuse the Yank audiences. They needed american muscle, and didn't want to move away from the Jap drift scene so they ended up with this All american fried rice.

Mods: Please delete the previous double post, Thanks. Clicked twice by mistake
Old 15th June 2006, 19:40   #79
BHPian

The worst F&F so far....please do not dedicate any productive time on this movie...

there were better cars in the parking lot than in the movie...except for the FORTUNE RX7..

And for all those Vin Diesel Fans...guess wat...he does make an appearence...

Sorry to ruin the surprise...
Old 16th June 2006, 10:50   #80
BHPian

Worse than 2F2F? it must me S*** then. Will have to wait for 'Talladega Nights' , Initial D in english and the DVD release of Grand Prix.
Old 17th June 2006, 03:44   #81
Awaiting Email Confirmation

guys see the official trailer vins in it
Old 17th June 2006, 14:38   #82
ash_edged

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR
The worst F&F so far....please do not dedicate any productive time on this movie...

there were better cars in the parking lot than in the movie...except for the FORTUNE RX7..
Well i agree to the part where they could have brought it some better machines. But if you ask a non car freak like my gal she will probably say she likes the movie and it was good. They have added more of action and personel revenge story to it. Its not only about moded cars anymore as it was in fnf1, which i feel is right as they need to target a wider audience and not just car freaks like us.

If I ask members of the TeamBHP to critique the movie they probably have the same views as Jeremy Clarkson. But then everyone is not a car lover and goes to the details. Half of them dont even know which car is it that they are driving. Like my gal thought all cars looked the same which was really funny.

Can find the details of all the cars used in the movie at their offcial website including the interors, engine specs, performace mod details and colors of the car. I think its one of the best movie websites that I have seen in long time.

Cheers,
ash

Last edited by ash_edged : 17th June 2006 at 14:40.

Old 17th June 2006, 15:43   #83
aZa
Senior - BHPian

The movie is finally out ... and you can download it off torrents

phew !!!
Old 17th June 2006, 15:45   #84
BHPian

Mr KinG of Bling,
yaar piracy to mat promote karoo yahan per!
just a suggestion
W.A
Old 17th June 2006, 15:51   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_edged
Well i agree to the part where they could have brought it some better machines. But if you ask a non car freak like my gal she will probably say she likes the movie and it was good. They have added more of action and personel revenge story to it. Its not only about moded cars anymore as it was in fnf1, which i feel is right as they need to target a wider audience and not just car freaks like us.

Cheers,
ash
in case i didn't mention it...i saw the premier and paid extra for this on the 15th here in Sydney

the story line is silly as well....it felt like a B grade bollywood movie to be quite honest...

an 18 year old high school kid taking on the yakuza.....i mean come on...

plus the bit where he actually negotiates with them and beats them with a drift challenge after practicing for a week...... which had nothing to do with the Japanese underworld..

hahahhahhahahha....

Last edited by R32_GTR : 17th June 2006 at 15:55.
Old 17th June 2006, 16:38   #86
BHPian

Hopefully atleast in this movie they did'nt throw around "cool sounding car terms" like double clutching etc et al. like in the previous ones! When I heard that in 2f2f I did'nt know if I had to cry, laugh or be incredibly pissed off!

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 19th June 2006, 03:12   #87
Senior - BHPian

dont want to promote piracy but for people like me who cant wait for the official release the torrent is available on www.mininova.org
Old 19th June 2006, 20:22   #88
BHPian

Saw the movie. It had so much potential, all thrown away. Damn! We get to see better drift vids on the net posted by kids who've got sick of hanging out at nearest StarBucks.
Old 19th June 2006, 22:35   #89
Senior - BHPian

Drifting is cool, but thats about it, it doesnt really come close to road racing(road i mean track)...

I cant call drifting racing, but surely it requires skills.

I sort of found the movie entertaining..you have to leave your reality meter at home when u watch the movie..surely it had nothing which was real, it was cheezy but its a cheezy topic in the first place(F&F)
Old 20th June 2006, 08:23   #90
BANNED

Hey,

Does anyone know when it is releasing in India. I last heard it was supposed to be released on June 16th, but that has obviously not happened.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks