Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2020, 17:37   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: Lego Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by reji22 View Post
Thank you for the pictures. I am also planning to buy one set. From where did you buy and how much did it cost?
Any tips to build a perfect one?
Hey. I got mine on a visit to London. I can't recall the now but maybe it was around 16000 INR (converted) or so. If you go to Lego UK / US you'll get the price listed.

Tips: for sure!!

1. Please try and read some build forums for typical issues people have faced so you account for them before you start. This in particular is an excellent link and resource for such information. Go through it for sure.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/ind...over-defender/

You could also see some speed youtube videos of the build.

2. Be very careful with the parts you use. I find the color and print small for my eyes and sometimes I could use a wrong part and then be left with a missing part later.

3. The most common criticism is of the crackling gearbox - read a lot on it including tips on how to align / face the connectors to mitigate this sound. The link above should discuss this as will many youtube videos on the subject.

Cheers,
Axe77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 10:03   #47

Saw a Lego Technic Porsche 911 RSR somewhere on the social media and immediately fell in love with it. Wanted to buy it immediately, thought the price would be around/within Rs 10000/- but was shocked to see that it was selling for around Rs 30000/-
Link on Amazon -
https://www.amazon.in/LEGO-TECHNIC-Porsche-Building-42096/dp/B07FP6QNQ7?ref_=ast_sto_dp

The wife wouldn't definitely approve it. Hence had to settle for the cheaper models to start off with and bought the Lego Speed Champions McLaren Senna 75892 (Doesn't fall under Lego Technic category, don't know what is the difference between Technic and Speed champions, would be great to know the difference on why two different categories)
Link on Amazon -
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07FNW8PGR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Costed me Rs 1566/- and comes with 219 Pcs.
Was fun to assemble it. Took me around 3 hours to complete. Will definitely invest more time and money to collect other Techinc or Speed Champions models.
I'll let the pictures do the talking -

Unboxed -
Lego Technic-464bb011bd33405c8b654165124e13d3.jpg

Midway -

Lego Technic-start1.jpg

Lego Technic-midway.jpg

Final - (Includes a wind turbine thingy and a mechanic who can be put inside the car as well, has a helmet with two different visors as well)

Lego Technic-final1.jpg

Lego Technic-final.jpg
MJ144 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 12:52   #48
BHPian

I found a new store in Wakad, Pune called KrazyCaterpillar selling Lego Technic among other 'toys' for 'children'. I got the Lego Ducati Paningale V4 R delivered by them through courier to Delhi. Reasonable price given that I was unable to find the Panigale anywhere else on the internet or any store.

Will post pictures soon. This is my first ever Lego buy.
Fuldagap is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2020, 20:01   #49
BHPian

My 7 year old loves Lego. Till now we used to have Creator. But recently purchased a 'cheapest' Technic. Its a buggy with nice suspension. We assembled it as soon as it was delivered.

Some of the steps in assembly were difficult than Creator. But we enjoyed it.

Lego Technic-img_43181.jpg

Lego Technic-img_43191.jpg

Lego Technic-img_43201.jpg

Lego Technic-img_43211.jpg

Lego Technic-img_43221.jpg

Here is her complete collection.

Lego Technic-collection.jpg

I wish to buy the Concrete Mixer or Mobile Crane from Technic series. But all the Legos are really costly in India. I will wait for some good soul to return to India from US/Canada/EU.
VaibhaoT is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 15:27   #50
BHPian

Building Lego has been one of my fond memories from childhood, was always fascinated with them! Lucky for me that we were in Scandinavia during that phase and thus got pampered with Lego sets.

The Technic sets in India are just insanely priced, with the best ones being just way too expensive. Prices outside India are far more rational and affordable! Better to pick them up during one of your trips.

However for fellow builders, if I may dare suggest the Mi products on the same lines. I enjoyed watching my son build their Truck(530 pieces) and Dune Buggy(490 pieces), took him close to 5 Hours for each, and he was very happy with the results.
On the quality front I would say they are very well designed, plus the fit and finish was extremely close to Lego itself. Surprisingly the prices are literally peanuts compared to the Technic sets.
DuHasstMich is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 17:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
if I may dare suggest the Mi products on the same lines. Surprisingly the prices are literally peanuts compared to the Technic sets.
Isn't is supporing a chinese company which is copying a product and selling it for cheap?
Old 27th October 2020, 20:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Isn't is supporing a chinese company which is copying a product and selling it for cheap?
It is definitely not a copied product, plus not sure if these should be considered cheap or a Lego expensive.
Chinese companies and products are debatable, even Lego has a major manufacturing plant in China..
Old 1st November 2020, 01:28   #53
BHPian

Quote:
However for fellow builders, if I may dare suggest the Mi products on the same lines. I enjoyed watching my son build their Truck(530 pieces) and Dune Buggy(490 pieces), took him close to 5 Hours for each, and he was very happy with the results.
On the quality front I would say they are very well designed, plus the fit and finish was extremely close to Lego itself. Surprisingly the prices are literally peanuts compared to the Technic sets.
Thanks for information on Mi Truck Builder. In India they seems to have only two offerings (truck and buggy). Reviews on Amazon US site were encouraging. I ordered truck as Diwali gift for my daughter from official Mi site. Got it for Rs 1200/-. Some people have got it for close to Rs 750 as well in some sale.
Looking forward to build it soon.
Old 1st November 2020, 01:40   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhaoT View Post
Its a buggy with nice suspension. We assembled it as soon as it was delivered.
Can you post amazon link for this?
Old 1st November 2020, 11:07   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mi truck builder is available at:
https://store.mi.com/in/item/3192600005
VaibhaoT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 11:17   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I was just looking up and saw this post of yours - https://www.amazon.in/LEGO-42101-Buggy-Set/dp/B07W4LDJK7
santosh_blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 16:32   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilarni View Post
Looking at this thread, I was tempted to share my experience and journey with Lego.
Any Idea where I can get some old Lego Technic sets, either NIB or used with minimal or no lost parts ? Thanks for any leads

Last edited by ampere : 23rd November 2020 at 16:40.
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:49   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojpatnaik View Post
Any Idea where I can get some old Lego Technic sets, either NIB or used with minimal or no lost parts ? Thanks for any leads
Hi Manoj,

At times you can find older sets listed on Amazon.com. There are folks who sell on craiglist too. I see you are in Bangalore. Let me know if there is any specific set you are looking for, I can also keep an eye out for it.

Then there are a lot of folks who have websites with specific parts for their modifications on existing sets, but that works out very expensive.
nikhilarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 21:33   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Technic sets in India are just insanely priced, with the best ones being just way too expensive. Prices outside India are far more rational and affordable! Better to pick them up during one of your trips.
I totally agree with this. We are charged insane prices for the Technic, Creator Series Lego sets. I had got the Ferrari F40 Creator set in 2015. A friend ordered it and brought it along from Germany. I paid 6k INR for it. Later when it came to in India in Hamleys stores, it was priced at 12k which it almost double than what I paid for it. I have decided to get my future sets from abroad only.

Speaking of new Lego sets, this newly released Ghostbusters ECTO 1 Creator Adult set is just drool worthy.

Lego Technic-screenshot-20201123-9.25.58-pm.png

Lego Technic-screenshot-20201123-9.26.10-pm.png
Dippy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 13:40   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilarni View Post
Hi Manoj,

At times you can find older sets listed on Amazon.com. There are folks who sell on craiglist too. I see you are in Bangalore. Let me know if there is any specific set you are looking for, I can also keep an eye out for it.

Then there are a lot of folks who have websites with specific parts for their modifications on existing sets, but that works out very expensive.
Thanks Nikhil for your message.

I am looking for some of the sets in India with shipping within the country. I have moved out of Bangalore and am currently in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. Lego in general leave alone Technic, is hard to come by here. The few stores that sell the brand in my city, mostly stock classic and a few star wars sets. I am looking for 42030 Volvo Excavator, 42032 Compact excavator , 42057 Ultralight Helicopter, 42055 BWE, 42043 MB Arocs, 9391 crane- preferably used as they will be reasonable. NIB for the larger sets are prohibitively expensive and outside my budget. My first set was the Technic Roadster (8832) in 1988 as a 6 year old. Even after more than three decades it is in decent shape barring a few cracks, quite natural for the age. My kids now play with it. Ive got a few Technic sets from the mid nineties but got back seriously into Technic after the "dark ages" in 2017.

Please let me know if you come across someone wanting to downsize their technic collection.

Thanks again.
manojpatnaik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks