Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2024, 13:11   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lego Technic

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Depends on what fake means. If someone is selling fake Lego models then it’s wrong to encourage the same.
That's what I was alluding to

Just does not feel right.
Old 5th September 2024, 15:54   #152
BHPian

I am a member of couple of "Alternative Blocks" groups and frequent the /r/lepin community on reddit. So I think I can answer below things..

Quote:
Has anyone tried the Chinese alternative Mould King for such models? I saw some Toy Cranes which are available at a pretty decent price(8-10k) and I am interested to build one of these. Compared to these the lego technic construction range is more than double the price. I’m thinking of ordering one from China but most of the sellers have minimum order quantities of 2-4 units. Hence thinking if someone has used them and is interested to pool an order as well.
Mould King is a good brand. They did start by ripping lego models but now have their own models. Do not buy from alibaba (I am assuming you looked there since you mentioned 2-4 quantity minimum). I strongly recommend the website https://joooooy.com/
I am not affiliated with it in any ways. The only reason I suggested this is because they are the only popular websites (others are marstoy, youmko, yourwobb etc) that actually ship to India.
Price of same set compared to alibaba will be higher FYI. But shipping isn't a a lot and you can tell them to mention less invoice amount on package slip to hopefully get less customs. If you want, you may PM me and I can even be on call and answer your questions. I have no vested interested. I am just someone who buys NON LEGO sets (some lego too I buy locally though). You can see my previous posts here and in the lego thread on techenclave forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Idle thought:

Should we all be buying fake goods?
Quote:
Depends on what fake means. If someone is selling fake Lego models then it’s wrong to encourage the same.
Well FAKE ideally would mean a KO or Knock Off set. Basically a 1:1 copy of original lego. About buying those, it depends on your personal thinking. I don't care about buying those especially considering the price. The BMW 1000RR bike on amazon costs a staggering Rs. 28K. And I know many people on this forum have the money to buy those and that's good for them. I cannot comprehend spending that price so I opt for KO set and it cost me Rs. 1650 comparatively (was personally brought by cousin from china).
There are few others I got like the Orchid Set which is around 7K rupees MRP and during sale lowest has been 4.9K. I got the KO for Rs. 550.
I understand that one may not want KO and only original but for old retired lego sets, the price in secondary market is ridiculous where KOs can be an alternative. Or for sets not even sold in India officially like Lego Las Vegas which I was able to get for Rs. 1100 only (KO offcourse).

Also, about selling fake lego may not be wrong if the person is mentioning it clearly that it is a fake.

PS: The models / sets that lego does not build but 3rd party alternative block manufacturers build should not be considered as fake.
raksrules is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2024, 11:09   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Also, about selling fake lego may not be wrong if the person is mentioning it clearly that it is a fake.

PS: The models / sets that lego does not build but 3rd party alternative block manufacturers build should not be considered as fake.
Point 1: Creating a fake product is illegal anyway you look at it. Ergo buying it should also be.

Point 2: Of course not. They are their own product and not a replica of another.

Anyway, let's stop this here and sorry for bringing up the topic but feel as if the thread can get derailed.
Old 6th September 2024, 13:07   #154
BHPian

I am searching for a Lego Classic box (model nbr 10697) with 1500 pieces for my kid. It is out of production but I was searching for some Indian website where I may find it. Or a store in Pune.

My goal is to gift him a box with maximum number of generic pieces so that he can use his imagination and build what he likes. He already has a local Indian manufacturer's box, so he is used to the building part.
Old 6th September 2024, 16:33   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
I am searching for a Lego Classic box (model nbr 10697) with 1500 pieces for my kid. It is out of production but I was searching for some Indian website where I may find it. Or a store in Pune.

My goal is to gift him a box with maximum number of generic pieces so that he can use his imagination and build what he likes. He already has a local Indian manufacturer's box, so he is used to the building part.
Why not choose from already available classic boxes (mixed blocks boxes)? Also do check rebrickable to see what builds (apart from what lego says) can be built with those pieces from the box.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 13:57   #156
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone purchased the latest G Wagen Kit (model 42177)?
Seems like a great kit much like the Defender kit.

The G Wagen kit and the Zetros Trial Truck Kit (Model 42129) are what I am looking forward to build with my daughter one fine day.
Old 11th September 2024, 18:42   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post

The G Wagen kit and the Zetros Trial Truck Kit (Model 42129) are what I am looking forward to build with my daughter one fine day.
The G500 kit is still not available in India I think...checked on Amazon a few days back. The Zetros trial truck is still available in Amazon for a pretty steep price > INR 30K
BlackBeard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 19:18   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
Seems like a great kit much like the Defender kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
The G500 kit is still not available in India I think...checked on Amazon a few days back. The Zetros trial truck is still available in Amazon for a pretty steep price > INR 30K
It's available on toycra

https://toycra.com/collections/lego/...ne-2891-pieces

They seem to get the new launches quicker than Amazon. But very rarely go on sale. They had a 35% off till last month for selected items, but no longer.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 00:36   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
Thanks. Quite an expensive kit here in Finland too.
Guess I'll have to make my pilgrimage to Billund and look for discounts.
Last time I went to their factory store in Billund, there were no Technic Kits at all.
14000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2024, 13:00   #160
BHPian

Lego Technic Mercedes-AMG F1 W14 E Performance Pull-Back 42165 is going to be available for 1500 from tomorrow during amazon sale.

https://www.amazon.in/LEGO-Mercedes-.../dp/B0CFVYZRN1
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2024, 14:09   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Lego Technic Mercedes-AMG F1 W14 E Performance Pull-Back 42165 is going to be available for 1500 from tomorrow during amazon sale.

https://www.amazon.in/LEGO-Mercedes-.../dp/B0CFVYZRN1
Clicked the link. It shows 2,999 for me. May be the price shot 100% upward in an hour.
Old 25th September 2024, 16:35   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Clicked the link. It shows 2,999 for me. May be the price shot 100% upward in an hour.
From tomorrow for prime members and non prime from 27th sept.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2024, 16:40   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any others going to be on sale? A link where i can check it out?
Old 25th September 2024, 16:44   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Any others going to be on sale? A link where i can check it out?
This particular set has been explicitly mentioned on amazon's website that it will be for Rs. 1500. But they say "Lego 50% off" as well so expect some sets that will be on sale.
Some I predict (no guarantee) that will go on 50% sale are..
  • Slushy Van - Rs. 1249
  • Holiday Camper Van - Rs. 1249
  • Porsche 911 - Close to or under 10K
  • NASA Discovery Shuttle - May be around 10K
  • Optimus Prime - 10-12K
  • Concorde - 12-14K
  • F1 Mclaren (orange one) - 10-11K
This is just based on my previous experience of prime day and last year's diwali sale.

Others can be hit or miss but do check out the Sian or Bugatti Chiron as that can come under 30K.
You need to keep checking and may be put the sets you want for tracking in keepa.

Last edited by raksrules : 25th September 2024 at 16:47.
raksrules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2024, 13:29   #165
Team-BHP Support

Went to the Lego store today and found these on display.

Lego Technic-img_8114.jpeg

Lego Technic-img_8115.jpeg

Lego Technic-img_8118.jpeg

Lego Technic-img_8117.jpeg

Lego Technic-img_8116.jpeg

Lego Technic-img_8119.jpeg
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks