Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2013, 00:53   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (14)

I've been dying to watch rush ever since I saw the trailer when Ron Howard was the star in a reasonably priced car in TopGear! Epic movie from an epic director.... Sadly where I live is hardly epic and rather sad and backward in terms of modernisation. Will have to sneak to Delhi or wait for the dvd to watch it
Old 21st September 2013, 01:02   #17
Senior - BHPian

re: Rush (Racing Movie). On TV this Sunday - 28th September 2014

WOW! Apart from a racing enthusiast's perspective (which was an absolute treat to watch) my wife loved the movie as well. And she doesnt watch the races!

Great job by Ron Howard.
Old 21st September 2013, 09:23   #18
BHPian

Watched this late last night. Good movie that depicts the rivalry between the two drivers in a sportive spirit and throws in some humor too. A definite watch for those who follow F1.
Old 21st September 2013, 11:21   #19
BHPian

What a brilliant movie.

I was just going wow through most of the movie.

It was nice that they didn't make it too dramatic and make it feel unrealistic.

The sound of those engines was just absolutely fantastic, something not even the current V8s can't match. Who knows about next year's V6s.

Recommended to not just F1 fans, but to people who just want to watch a good movie.

Last edited by nipcarlover : 21st September 2013 at 11:23.
Old 22nd September 2013, 09:36   #20

Watched the movie at PVR yesterday..the RUSH is a fantastic movies, the roar of the engines gives you a real RUSH , Chris "Thor" Hemsworth and Daniel Brühl are good, a must watch for all F1 fans out here on T-BHP, one of the greatest rivalries in F1 brilliantly captured on screen
Old 22nd September 2013, 23:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

One of the best movies I watched. Simply mind-blowing. Brilliant action, direction, music, et al.

Unlike most members on this forum, Niki Lauda and James Hunt were well-known figures during my high school days. Those days our information was based only on newspapers and radio. We had no TV access. It feels invigorating to see them in a big screen.

Movie strongly recommended for bhpians.
Old 23rd September 2013, 08:13   #22
BHPian

Watched the movie yesterday at PVR, Forum Mall, enjoyed it thoroughly. The human aspect has been handled very well with the background of auto racing. Cocky characters both of them.

My wife was the one who pushed me to watch this one, had to thank her in the end.

Surprisingly i almost missed this one, i usually keep track of upcoming flicks via the IMDB app on my iphone, but it was not there some time back.

Last edited by somitra1981 : 23rd September 2013 at 08:15. Reason: Grammer & Smiley
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

Saw it last evening at Chennai (Sathyam Cinema's).

Classic racing, Classic circuits, Classic cars driven by immortal legends.
The theme, handling & content of the movie was sheer brilliance.

What i loved most were the cars - pure, unadulterated, raw power & manual gearchanges.
No electronic nannies helping the drivers post faster times.
The current lot in F1 should watch this movie over and over again - the new kids in F1 are not even 20% of what Hunt, Lauda, Clay Regazzoni, Andretti etc were in their days, in those cars!
Old 23rd September 2013, 16:26   #24
BHPian

This isn't a racing movie, it's about the racers. Boy! has it been made well.

Two completely contrasting characters, both mentally and physically fighting each other in the arena that they belong to.
The movie shows the grittiness of racing, it shows what it takes to be a race driver. These aren't normal people by any yardstick.
What I loved best was the fact that there wasn't a villain or a hero. It's easy to be swayed by James Hunt's (played quite well by Chris "Thor" Helmsworth) but the director makes sure that you don't.

Brilliant movie! so good that my wife thanked me for taking her along.

It gives a glimpse into the men behind the racing gods from history. It's a must watch for any F1 fan.
Old 24th September 2013, 17:18   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I normally don't write lengthy reviews about movies I love, just those I hate. So here goes: go watch this. NOW!

Ron Howard is known for his unusual treatment of themes (e.g. "A Beautiful Mind") and his take on a racing showdown is no different. He wastes no time on technical details and rather focuses on the human aspect of racing. The character development for both protagonists is spectacularly handled.

Strictly as an enthusiast because the racing scenes did not live up to the "ringside experience" that the teasers promised. But overall, it's one helluva story and a must-watch!
Old 25th September 2013, 10:03   #26
BHPian

Watched it yesterday. Wonderful movie. Must watch for people who love motor sports in general and formula 1 in particular

As many others have said although the underlying theme is the professional rivalry and their quest to better each other on the track, the racing part of it is limited and leaves one yearning for more (atleast it left me). But it essays their personal battles and how they deal with their inner devils wonderfully well.

A movie really worth watching. Try not to miss it
Old 26th September 2013, 11:25   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Caught the late show yesterday. Only one way to see such a special movie and that's the PVR Gold Class!

The movie is simply outstanding. One heck of a story, what makes things better is that you know it's not fictional. Hunt & Lauda were unique characters; full marks to the actors for doing justice to these exceptional personalities.

Our group included 3 F1 enthusiasts, 2 non-petrolhead women and a 10 year old kid. The achievement of this movie is that all 6 walked out happy.

10/10 rating

If you're a BHPian, go watch it NOW. Not everyday that a superb car movie hits theaters.
Old 26th September 2013, 11:46   #28
BHPian

Watched this twice in two days. Very rarely you have a movie which makes you go nuts like this one does.

The aspect of the movie where the focus is on the personalities rather than the race was very good. Add to it the sound of the engines - an absolute treat. Possibly the best movie of the year.
Old 26th September 2013, 17:38   #29
Team-BHP Support

Came across this BBC Documentart on Hunt vs Lauda. I haven't watched it yet, but figured there'd be others interested in it here :

cya
R
Old 27th September 2013, 10:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Watched this movie along with 2 other mod's, Suhaas and Vid6639 on Tue evening after work.

Must watch !!!

I rate this 5/5.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks