Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2004, 19:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (rtech @ Sep. 14 2004,15:29)]How did u guys get htese invites in the first place??
Frequent usage of your GMail account confers on you the 'privilege' of giving away free invites to others.

A pretty smart ploy by the guys at Google...
Old 14th September 2004, 23:33   #17
BHPian

i have also been handing out invites like crazi..i have 2 left..anyone wants let me know..before anyone from my office takes them..
Old 14th August 2017, 17:41   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: gmail - email from google

Guys - Needs some urgent help. I use google apps for work and seems like my id has been hacked and registered to another email add.

Basically, there are emails going out to people asking to remit money to an account from my address by the reply to address shows as md.director@execs.com
https://www.symantec.com/connect/blo...-spam-campaign

I can access my email fine and even changed my password when this happened the last time. I also have a 2 step verification process but the hackers yet have access to sending emails from my email account linked to theirs.

Additionally I also went to my godaddy account where and change the password for my accounts as the domain was purchased from there. Also checked the MX entries and nameservers, none of them had any additions or unusual inclusions.

How do I put an end to this menace?
Old 14th August 2017, 17:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Guys - Needs some urgent help. I use google apps for work and seems like my id has been hacked and registered to another email add.

Basically, there are emails going out to people asking to remit money to an account from my address by the reply to address shows as md.director@execs.com
https://www.symantec.com/connect/blo...-spam-campaign

I can access my email fine and even changed my password when this happened the last time. I also have a 2 step verification process but the hackers yet have access to sending emails from my email account linked to theirs.

Additionally I also went to my godaddy account where and change the password for my accounts as the domain was purchased from there. Also checked the MX entries and nameservers, none of them had any additions or unusual inclusions.

How do I put an end to this menace?
Delete your app passwords. Hackers could have gotten access to your app passwords through an unsecured network when you (probably) used it to access your mails on Outlook on your laptop.
Old 14th August 2017, 18:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks like your account is spoofed. I am assuming no one is sending mail actually from your ID, but someone is sending mail that looks like it was sent from your ID. Google can not help much if that's the case, I am afraid.

You complete your Google checklist first, if you haven't done it yet.
https://support.google.com/mail/answ...372305128&rd=1

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 14th August 2017 at 18:04.
Old 14th August 2017, 18:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

spoofing can be verified if you can have a look at the email headers - please ask folks to verify this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks