Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2009, 19:54   #841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
As per your body stamina just keep variating between 8-10 speeds. Also do a 15 min Running before workout atleast and 30 minutes after workout. Will help you shed calories in the best way.
Harry, are you serious ? Presently I have 1 hour workout timing fixed in my mind, thats 9am to 10am. I will be getting my workout chart by tomorow after the physio and cardio results are put together by the trainers. As I understand it will be cardio and stregth training on alternate days with only 1 off in a week for 2 months (next analysis and evaluation due on 60 days). So, 15 mts before and 30 mts after workout itself takes 45 mts only on the tread mill ! That leaves only 15 mts for everything else. If I have to follow that, either I need to extend my total workout time to 2 hours or ignore everything else.

My intention is not body building (though I try to convince myself about that many times a day !). I am trying to cut all the fat and replace them with decent muscles. As of now, its advised to be 60% diet and 40% exercise suggested to achieve my goal. I will update once I get my diet chart and workout chart.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:23   #842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Samurai - "cartilage"?
Vikram, Ligament?
cartilage is a type of soft bone, e.g. on your ear flaps.

EDIT: actually synovial fluid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
If you have strong joint muscles, they can act like shock absorber. If you don't have strong joint muscles, the cushion between the bones take the beating and over time thin out.
there can be an indirect link, not as direct as in the bold part. how can a muscle as as a shock absorber? muscle can only provide tensile strength between two muscles.

Last edited by vivekiny2k : 16th January 2009 at 20:27.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:27   #843
Team-BHP Support

Tendon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by bblost : 16th January 2009 at 20:37.
Old 16th January 2009, 20:47   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Harry, are you serious ? Presently I have 1 hour workout timing fixed in my mind, thats 9am to 10am. I will be getting my workout chart by tomorow after the physio and cardio results are put together by the trainers. As I understand it will be cardio and stregth training on alternate days with only 1 off in a week for 2 months (next analysis and evaluation due on 60 days). So, 15 mts before and 30 mts after workout itself takes 45 mts only on the tread mill ! That leaves only 15 mts for everything else. If I have to follow that, either I need to extend my total workout time to 2 hours or ignore everything else.

My intention is not body building (though I try to convince myself about that many times a day !). I am trying to cut all the fat and replace them with decent muscles. .
Yup i am serious. What is body building? Most people have a notion it is the kind of people they see on TV participating in Mr. Universe kind of contests and they are body builders.
In truth it is having a good well proportionate physique according to your height.
If you are trying to reduce fat then implement the method i had told you for 2 weeks. You will see the difference. Also one hour is less in my opinion. Make it atleast 1.5 hours. Simple basics matter a lot in body building.
Am off gym for last 4 months but when i was training my normal workout time was around 2 hours daily. Have shed 14kgs and 2.5 inches between june 08 and sep 08. Since being off gym have reduced further 3 kgs with a checked diet and normal running.
Will rejoin this monday onwards so will keep updating.

P.S- If people think i am a body builder or an over weight fatty guy they can have a look in the profile section to see am neither ;-)

Last edited by harry10 : 16th January 2009 at 20:49.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:06   #845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My intention is not body building (though I try to convince myself about that many times a day !). I am trying to cut all the fat and replace them with decent muscles. As of now, its advised to be 60% diet and 40% exercise suggested to achieve my goal. I will update once I get my diet chart and workout chart.
That sounds like a very good proposition for you to achieve your goals which are clearly set.
The exercise will serve to raise your metabolic rate therby increasing your calorie output and the diet will create a calorie deficit. The total deficit in your calorie requirement will be the amount of calories lost in the process of fat loss.
Wish you success.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:25   #846
Senior - BHPian

ok i think i need to loose weight now but problem is that im addicted to junk food and loads of soft drinks(i tend to drink almost a litre of it a day :( ....)
Old 16th January 2009, 21:26   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
If you are trying to reduce fat then implement the method i had told you for 2 weeks. You will see the difference. Also one hour is less in my opinion. Make it atleast 1.5 hours. Simple basics matter a lot in body building.
I have not done any physical exercise for the last 8 months. My workout history contain 5 years of daily basketball (1 hour except sunday), 2 years of regular gym, 1 year of proper Yoga and the latest 1 year of Aerobics (1 hour except sunday) each of them with 6 months to 1 year break in between. Now first time in my life, I have joined a professional Gym with well-trained instructors, a full time physiotherapist, dietician and lots of young ladies around cheers:, so the motivation level is very high in line with the cost too ! Circumstances might push me to struggle for a 6 pack atleast as I feel 'the style of the time'. I will gradually increase the time as you have suggested since I am totally free from 8am to 12pm (I start my work at UK market open).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
That sounds like a very good proposition for you to achieve your goals which are clearly set.
Wish you success.
I will defenitely post my diet chart and workout chart as soon as I get it, it will give a very clear idea on what I am into. Thanks.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:30   #848
Senior - BHPian

can some1 suggest a good weight loss supliment and how much it costs if you dont mind...
Old 16th January 2009, 21:31   #849
Senior - BHPian

@Shaju- You are still paying less then what i will be paying with no Young ladies around for motivation

Do post as soon as you get them. Will like to have a look.

@Vinay - I can tell you the best one. Its a combine pack and costs around 6k. I got it for 4500 as my bro is the dealer for supplements in NCR.
Name i will give you when i reach home so you can check this tomm'

Last edited by harry10 : 16th January 2009 at 21:33.
Old 16th January 2009, 21:34   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
can some1 suggest a good weight loss supliment and how much it costs if you dont mind...
Dont depend on supplements. Meet a good dietician, that will change your life without any short cuts.
When I look at some of the instructors at my Gym, I feel like I am Mr.Bean !! Mods Please dont kick me if the picture doesnt suite the rules, I cant compare myself to anyone else better !
Attached Thumbnails
Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-bean.jpg  

Last edited by shajufx : 16th January 2009 at 21:44.
Old 16th January 2009, 22:45   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont depend on supplements. Meet a good dietician, that will change your life without any short cuts.
When I look at some of the instructors at my Gym, I feel like I am Mr.Bean !! Mods Please dont kick me if the picture doesnt suite the rules, I cant compare myself to anyone else better !
ive tried that.. ive tried vlcc(i think its a total waste of money) everything problem is tend to swing away from the diets..
i do exercise/walks on the treadmill daily but for results u need to diet also.
Old 16th January 2009, 22:50   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
ok i think i need to loose weight now but problem is that im addicted to junk food and loads of soft drinks(i tend to drink almost a litre of it a day :( ....)
that's bad, follow the link I posted today in the parenting thread. It's addictive, and it harms your body.

you need motivating factors. building muscle can be one of them.
Old 17th January 2009, 03:52   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Vikram, Ligament?
cartilage is a type of soft bone, e.g. on your ear flaps.

EDIT: actually synovial fluid.

A Ligament is fibrous tissue that connects bones to other bones.

Tendons connect muscle to bone.

As for cartilage:

Cartilage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 17th January 2009, 03:58   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Ok a Small Concern here from my side, Vikram, shan2anu, jassi, samurai and others.. sudenly from last fridays workout, the soreness in my body has not gone
Take a couple of days off. eat well. The rest and food will only make you stronger. Do not take medicines like Vicks Action 500. If I'm not wrong, all these cold medicines like Vicks, Dcold Total, etc. contain banned substances. If you're suffering from cold, drink lots of water, hot chicken soup and if you want medication, try an anti-histamine containing cetrizine like Zyrtec, Supress etc. This can make some people drowsy.
If you want to avoid/reduce the drowsiness, try levocetrizine (not sure of the brand names)

Extended body soreness is almost always a sign of overtraining or insufficient recovery. Take some time off, rest and get some good food; almost always works.
Old 17th January 2009, 07:32   #855
BHPian

[quote=vikram18;1133742]A Ligament is fibrous tissue that connects bones to other bones.

/quote]

and ligament injuries are the most difficult to recover from - best to sometimes concentrate on negative reps which help strengthen the ligaments among other things

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks