Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2005, 21:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

Hey aadix, very very sorry...

Goal:
Lose weight and tone body, also increase size on Shoulders/Arms
Diet:
40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat, 2000 Calories*
Be on a very strict diet. Do not cheat, cut out the junk. If you want cheat only on Sunday's. This is because Sunday would be a day when you might go out n all. I don't have abs [because I have no time for it, I'm looking to bulk so its difficult], but I do know one thing - you need to control your diet. That extra carb can ruin your chance of your abs showing.

*2000 Calories is an approximate figure. There are some sites which help you to know how much calories your require according to your age, gender, height, weight, body fat.
Training:
Do cardio thrice a week. Do weights thrice a week. It is best if you alternate them since you won't be over-exerting yourself. You need to tone and build muscle. So do heavy weights in the range of twelve reps. For shoulders, concentrate on raises [front, lateral] and do military press. For arms, concentration curls and barbell curls are best.
Aadix, don't think that I'm Super-Strong or have a to-die-for physique. I have a decent physique coz I've got results from what I've done and learnt. I have knowledge on bodybuilding, but it is very difficult for me to follow it. But I never give up hope. Each day I try harder and again I'm getting gains now.

Aadix, could you list your diet here please??! I have a huge diet already, but I wanna change it in some ways, I'm getting bored of eating the same thing day-in and day-out. Waiting for the diet.
Old 21st April 2005, 23:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Bodybuilding - Your measurements!

Bodybuilding - a very popular subject and lifestyle that is catching up with people. People have now realized the importance of personal health. They have realized how they can accomplish a complete make-over, how they can look much better with bodybuilding and exercise.

So lets see what we have accomplished with weight-training/cardio. Lets see how it has helped us. Let this be a thread where we share our measurements, height, weight, body-fat percentage, body-type. One could also post his/her Before/After stories/snaps/measurements/weight. It'd be great to have the replies flowing.

Please post in this format:

Goal: Post your desired goal or your accomplished goal here.

Height:
Weight:
Arms [flexed]:
Arms [unflexed]:
Forarms:
Chest:
Shoulders:
Quads:
Calves:
Waist:
Body-fat percentage:

Supplements: Note on supplements taken. Review them here.

Diet: Your daily intake to help you reach your goal.

Training: The training schedule you follow.
Old 26th April 2005, 15:49   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggressive_anush
Ok... am not much into bodybuilding or anything... tried it for sometime, but when i stopped just gained a lot of weight.

Also the gym i used to go to was run by an ex Mr Karnataka. His younger brother started working out and became really huge in a really short time. We asked him what he was taking and he told us it was an all natural indian product.. Well... guess what... he was taking the stuff they feed cows to fatten them

Also... just felt like posting this pic. Arnie has become really old hasnt he.

I am sad to see him in such a shape but as we all know " time stops for none".
Old 26th April 2005, 16:10   #64
Team-BHP Support

Hmm, so much for Arnold and his body building. Now look at these old guys who followed Matt Furey's methods. No bulging muscles here, but functionally very strong muscles. We don't follow any special diet, just normal food.

http://www.mattfurey.com/superstars.html
Old 26th April 2005, 16:57   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon

From the past one year, I've been having Weider Mega Mass 4000 and the recipe I used is:

1 scoop Mega Mass Vanilla
400ml milk
1 large cup of vanilla ice cream
A lot of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup

I've just recently purchased Optimum Nutrition Serious Mass Chocolate 6lbs. I just wanted to know any other recipes you guys may be using to have these powders.
Boy that recipie looks so yum.. I seriously want to gain some weight... Just doesnt seem to happen... I want to try out these mass gainers.. But i'm really very concerned if these protein powders have any side effects later in life?!!
Old 26th April 2005, 17:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush
I am sad to see him in such a shape but as we all know " time stops for none".
You can still stay lean and fit at even 60 and beyond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
Hmm, so much for Arnold and his body building. Now look at these old guys who followed Matt Furey's methods. No bulging muscles here, but functionally very strong muscles.
It is true that you can increase your strength and alertness other than bodybuilding. There may be people who look skinny but they can beat the hell out of the other guy. Combine this with weight training and you can build a killer machine. What you get is more strength and huge powerful muscles. One more thing, bodybuilding is not ONLY weight training and cardio, it also consists of free-hand exercises like pushups, pullups, squats, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
We don't follow any special diet, just normal food.
Accept the fact. For everything, there is a specific diet. A specific proportion of protein, carbs and fats that you need to eat everyday. You cannot just gulp junk food and all the possible carbs down and say ur fit. Moreover, most guys who go to the gym do not have a special diet. They just eat normal. But to have proper results, you need to follow a special diet. This is an article Gama Fitness Student Loses 138 lbs! from that link you posted. Of course, this guy had to follow a specific diet. A diet that would help him lose weight, a diet that would not allow him to store more fat in his body, and maybe a high-protein diet. There is absolutely no way he'd lose weight if he'd have continued with a "normal" diet.

Matt Furey's methods, combat condtitioning and other forms of exercise MAY be a healthy way of life. It may benefit you. But that doesn't mean bodybuilding, weight training, etc are nonsense and of no use. Everyone has had enough results from exercise and are happy with it.

Exercise, bodybuilding, cardio and weight training is something that helps you build muscle, cut fat, sculpt your body and stay fit. This is proved, so there is no questioning this point.
Old 26th April 2005, 17:20   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Boy that recipie looks so yum.. I seriously want to gain some weight... Just doesnt seem to happen... I want to try out these mass gainers.. But i'm really very concerned if these protein powders have any side effects later in life?!!
Nope, no side effects at all. If you see the nutrition chart on the supplement, you'd know what it contains. For example, below are the details of the mass gainer I'm taking currently:

Serious Mass

Container Size: 6 Lbs.
Serving Size: 2 Heaping Scoops (334g)
Servings Per Container: 8

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 1250
Calories from Fat 40
Total Fat 4.5 g 7%
Saturated Fat 3 g 15%
Cholesterol 75 mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 252 g 84%
Sugars 40 g
Protein 50 g 100%

Vitamin C 60 mg 100%
Vitamin D 200 I.U. 50%
Vitamin E 30 I.U. 100%
Thiamin 5 mg 330%
Riboflavin 5 mg 290%
Niacin 50 mg 250%
Vitamin B6 5 mg 250%
Folic Acid 400 mcg 100%
Vitamin B12 20 mcg 330%
Biotin 300 mcg 100%
Pantothenic Acid 100 mg 1000%
Calcium 730 mg 70%
Iron 6 mg 35%
Phosphorus 350 mg 35%
Iodine 75 mcg 50%
Magnesium 186 mg 45%
Zinc 30 mg 200%
Selenium 200 mcg 290%
Copper 1 mg 50%
Manganese 10 mg 500%
Chromium 600 mcg 500%
Molybdenum 150 mcg 200%
Sodium 600 mg 25%
Potassium 1230 mg 35%
Choline 250 mg
Inositol 250 mg
PABA 5 mg
Creatine Monohydrate 1 g
L-Glutamine 500 mg

Ingredients:
Complex Carbohydrates, Proprietary Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg Albumen, L-Glutamine), Artificial Flavor, Serious Mass Vitamin & Mineral Blend (Potassium Phosphate, Choline Bitartrate, Magnesium Aspartate, Beta Carotene, Inositol, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Zinc Citrate, Ascorbic Acid, Boron Amino Acid Chelate, Niacinamide, Manganese Glycinate, Kelp, d-alpha Tocopherol Succinate, Ferrous Fumarate, Copper Gluconate, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Para-Aminobenzoic Acid, Chromium Picolinate, Selenium Glycinate, Molybdenum Glycinate, Vitamin D3, Folic Acid, Biotin, Cyanocobalamin), Medium Chain Triglycerides, Creatine Monohydrate, Acesulfame Potassium. (Vanilla shown. Slight variations may occur among flavors.)

There is nothing wrong with it. No side effects at all. It mainly consists of vitamins, amino acids and minerals that you'd need apart from the protein, carbs and fats. Just buy well-known supplements and do not settle for less.
Old 26th April 2005, 17:53   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
Accept the fact. For everything, there is a specific diet. A specific proportion of protein, carbs and fats that you need to eat everyday. You cannot just gulp junk food and all the possible carbs down and say ur fit.
Gordon, when I said normal diet I didn't mean junk food. I meant typical south Indian food like idli/dosa for breakfast and rice/dal/subji for lunch and dinner. And lots of water. I have never taken any protien shakes or supplements or any such stuff.

I just checked your profile, incidently I started seriously working out in the same year you were born. But that doesn't have to mean I know more than you about anything. But I have tried lots of different fitness methods (including bodybuilding), equipments and fads over the last 21 years. I have worked out in top class gyms in USA and used top class weight and cardio equipment. Now I am not going to talk pros and cons of any methods with you. Because I also know that everybody has some favourite method that they like. An Internet forum is not a place where one should change opinions on fitness techniques. What I can tell you is that I finally understood real fitness when I was about 33. Wish I knew it when I was a teenager, but that's life.

BTW, I think I am seriously off-topic here. This thread is about body building, weightlifting and issues related to that. I shouldn't have started talking about functional fitness. Sorry about that.
Old 26th April 2005, 18:16   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gordon, when I said normal diet I didn't mean junk food. I meant typical south Indian food like idli/dosa for breakfast and rice/dal/subji for lunch and dinner. And lots of water.
When you say normal food, it is generally taken as "eat anything you want". There are no specific details like "what to eat? when to eat? how much to eat?" Thats where most people do mistakes.

Quote:
I have never taken any protien shakes or supplements or any such stuff.
Protein Shakes are not necessary for bodybuilding, they are optional. The pressures of eating a huge diet is too much and sometimes it is impossible to eat like that. So people stick to protein supplements.

Quote:
But that doesn't have to mean I know more than you about anything. But I have tried lots of different fitness methods (including bodybuilding), equipments and fads over the last 21 years.
Samurai, health topics are sooo huge and I don't think one has complete knowledge on it. You may know something that I do not know and I may know something that you do not know. I don't have COMPLETE knowledge on the workings of the human body, but whatever I do know, I put it to best use.

Quote:
Because I also know that everybody has some favourite method that they like. An Internet forum is not a place where one should change opinions on fitness techniques.
You're right about this. There are different, but at the end of it, they both come under the same category : Exercise. It is a personal choice. Even in weight training, there are different strategies like HIT Programs, Pyramid Training, Circuit Training. Some may not work for the individual, so you'll need to switch to the other. No one's here to change anyones opinions or force anyone into a specific exercise routine. We just post to let the other know about these exercises and what we have learnt and benefited from them. As you say, functional fitness may have helped you a lot and may help a lot others too. So there is no "sorry" in that. You are educating someone else. So no problems. Its just that no one can compare the two and conclude on a broad scale that one of them is best. It can be only compared in one's own experience.

For example, I have a Ferrari Enzo and a Carrera GT. Carrera GT suits my driving style, so I prefer Carrera GT. So when I compare, the Carrera GT is good for ME. But that doesn't mean Ferrari Enzo is rubbish or something thats only for show. One cannot conclude "Carrera GT is better than Ferrari Enzo" only because of his/her experience in the car. The Ferrari Enzo might suit some other person's driving style. And he/she would say otherwise.

So don't compare the different forms of exercise and fitness. Its just that your heart should be in it and that you should believe that you can change yourself.
Old 26th April 2005, 19:05   #70
Team-BHP Support

Gordon, appreciate your spirit and interest. But I don't think I got my point across. Well, I didn't really try hard. It is not really possible to summarize over two decades of experience into few paragraphs. Rudra's signature says it all. I suggest you continue whatever you are doing, but keep exploring new fitness methods and philosophy. All the best.
Old 26th April 2005, 22:18   #71
Senior - BHPian

Samurai, I have just one year of experience compared to what you have. So my experience is like tooooo less. I'm sure you too have done a lot of research into these training and exercise techniques. And I'm also sure that you know more than me. All I'm saying is that people tend to feel a certain technique is better than the rest when it works best for him/her.

For all I know, in the coming years, I too "may" find more success in other forms of training and exercise, if it suits my body and mind. But the fact is, right now my heart and soul is into bodybuilding and weight training and its doing good for me. I'll be posting my story so far in "Bodybuilding - Your measurements". Its not much, but I'm very satisfied with the results coz I look way better than when I started out.
Old 27th April 2005, 09:37   #72
Senior - BHPian

Aadix, I'm still waiting for you to post your diet.

Anyone else ever into bodybuilding??! Don't tell me its just me, Aadix, Samurai, GTO, RJK. Don't know about Shan2nu, bevada, dceite, turbo_lover, vinsanity, aggressive_anush.

Can someone please post his/her diet or training schedule??
Old 27th April 2005, 09:53   #73
BHPian

hey gordon, i workout 3 days a week. I do two body parts a week and on week ends if time permits i go swimming. No special diet as such but take about 300ml of soya milk some 15-20 min before workout.

but its been 4 months since i hit the gym properly. my time table is all jumbled up at the moment and hardly get time off...
Old 27th April 2005, 10:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrie
hey gordon, i workout 3 days a week. I do two body parts a week and on week ends if time permits i go swimming. No special diet as such but take about 300ml of soya milk some 15-20 min before workout.

but its been 4 months since i hit the gym properly. my time table is all jumbled up at the moment and hardly get time off...
Hey Harrie, it seems as if you are looking to bulk. Generally one follows a three day workout [minus cardio] to bulk.

Harrie, it'd be better to post the diet, schedules, measurements, etc in the topic below -

Bodybuilding - Your measurements
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5213
Old 27th April 2005, 12:59   #75
BHPian

Hehe... not worked out for years now. Am nice and fat. So my aim right now wouldnt be bodybuilding/weightlifting but would rather be losing some of the weight. Lemme know what i should do.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks