Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2024, 11:22   #4816
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Fantastic progress and an inspiration to those of us nearing our 40s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
This time, I went with a vegetarian+ eggs diet(not a fan of non-veg much). Most proteins came from pulses, soya, paneer and eggs. I also used Whey Protein daily for protein supplement.
Could you share examples your typical daily meals/intake/plan?

I'm on a Veg+Eggs+Whey diet very similar to what you mention, but struggling to hit the 0.8-1gm protein/lb mark, not even hitting 50% of the required protein. Would be helpful if I could take inspiration from yours to hit my required protein intake.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th June 2024 at 10:44. Reason: typos
WD-42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 11:23   #4817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I weigh around 63 kg at 5'10" height so want to put on some weight by gaining muscles instead of fat.

What is the dark side that you are referring to? Something I should be concerned about?
What a coincidence, well almost. I'm 5'11 and weigh 64kgs Might start following your regimen

Dark side? I guess he's referring to PEDs and other stuff that people take as a shortcut to bulk up/muscle up.
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 11:41   #4818
BHPian

Congratulations on your transformation!

Request you to give some broad inputs on how you managed to get in 150 grams of protein from the Veg+Eggs+Whey diet.

Quote:
I maintained a protein intake of about 150 grams per day. Most proteins came from pulses, soya, paneer and eggs. I also used Whey Protein daily for protein supplement.
TallBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 13:14   #4819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Dark side? I guess he's referring to PEDs and other stuff that people take as a shortcut to bulk up/muscle up.
Oh ok. I guess I am too old to go down that path. Not looking for any shortcuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WD-42 View Post
Fantastic progress and an inspiration to those of us nearing our 40s!

Could you share examples your typical daily meals/intake/plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBoy View Post
Congratulations on your transformation!

Request you to give some broad inputs on how you managed to get in 150 grams of protein from the Veg+Eggs+Whey diet.
Thanks.

Here is a snapshot of my exact diet when I was at 1900 calories with low carbs. I would mix rice, pulses, soya chunks, paneer and oil to cook khichdi which I would have for lunch and dinner. I also add a generous amount of vegetables into the khichdi; they don't have much calories but have a lot of good nutrients. Hope this helps.
Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements-1900-calories.jpg
anshumandun is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th June 2024, 17:38   #4820
BHPian

Quote:

I hired a coach from Fittr. Followed the diet prescribed. Started resistance training at a mediocre level. Body responded decently well in 6 months and I lost 5-6 kgs of fat.
How was Fittr ? Were the workouts and diet plans practical? Could you briefly let us know about the overall experience with Fittr?
DasAuto1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 04:23   #4821
BHPian

Quote:
Myth 2: Focus on crunches and abs exercise to build core. - This is another myth. I do crunches only 1 or 2 times a week. No other specific core exercises. Core is engaged in almost every exercise if your form is correct.
With those visible abs, are you saying you didn't use any core exercises at all and just used good forms apart from 2 times a week, crunches? Please let me know how to get the core you have.

Can you also please share your diet a bit more in detail? How do you achieve 150 grams of proteins with vegetarian+eggs diet? Like how many scoops of Whey Protein, number of eggs etc.

Last edited by black.beauty : 8th June 2024 at 04:25.
Old 8th June 2024, 08:20   #4822
BHPian

Quote:
I am 1 month short of 39 and have never been in a better shape in terms of physique. For the first time in my life, I am able to see my core muscles. I feel energetic and motivated with the results I've had and would like to share my journey and the learnings with the BHPians community here.
Thank you, this is very inspiring. Past 2 months I have been focussing on reducing my bulk and looking at this post I am totally able to relate to the same. Wonderful to see such inspiring posts.
PioneerNB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 14:00   #4823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasAuto1985 View Post
How was Fittr ? Were the workouts and diet plans practical? Could you briefly let us know about the overall experience with Fittr?
Fittr was good. I learnt about diet from my fiitr coach. There are a lot of coaches on Fittr so your experience will depend on the coach you choose. I was referred to a coach by my cousin so I went ahead with him. You need to work with your coach over 6 months to 1 year timeline to understand what works for you and then you may continue on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black.beauty View Post
With those visible abs, are you saying you didn't use any core exercises at all and just used good forms apart from 2 times a week, crunches? Please let me know how to get the core you have.
Yes! Core muscles are small. You don't need to work a lot on them. You need to focus on the big muscles and the core will get strong. Never miss leg day. Legs are the biggest muscles so train them twice a week. The core is engaged a lot during leg training.

You may workout 4-5 days a week but you need to follow quantified nutrition 7 days a week if you want to make visible core muscles. I've detailed everything in my post. You may dm me if you need any specific information.

Quote:
Can you also please share your diet a bit more in detail? How do you achieve 150 grams of proteins with vegetarian+eggs diet? Like how many scoops of Whey Protein, number of eggs etc.
I've already shared my 1900 calories diet in above post. Link here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shift...ml#post5782766 (Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements)
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 13:10   #4824
BHPian

Awesome transformation. It’s dedicated effort in following diet and strength training. I have know many Fittr coaches as my better half works there as a PT coach. They are a very good lot. Excellent knowledge and extremely patient.
Congratulations once again for your transformation.
RunGaDa is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2024, 19:01   #4825
BHPian

Quote:
What app do you use for tracking this?
Old 11th June 2024, 09:26   #4826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaprasoon View Post
What app do you use for tracking this?
I use Fittr app. I am not actually using it for tracking the food that I eat but for planning the food that I want to eat for a month or so.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2024, 18:16   #4827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I will have to give up the current state of low body fat as I try to gain some muscles but I do want to gain some weight right now.
What is the dark side that you are referring to? Something I should be concerned about?
Yes, you should be concerned.

Once people realize (through trial and error) that muscle "gainz" and body fat go together (either lose both, or gain both), they understand that only way to chase the elusive dream of larger muscles and smaller body fat is via performance enhancing compounds.

Also, many people, especially older one (mostly in US) resort to hormone replacement therapy, with "replacement" dosages much in excess.
alpha1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 21:29   #4828
BHPian

Hi Team, I am in my late 30s and been working out for more than 10 years. Though I am not a body builder, I do have a good amount of muscle mass with around 17% of body fat. As I am getting closer to 40, I am planning to move away from Whey and want to try plant based protein.

I have been taking ON Whey Gold standard for quite some time and would like to know if anyone can suggest a good plant protein. There are mixed reviews in Amazon about all the brands and I'm unable to make up my mind. Any help will be appreciated. TIA.

Last edited by sid18 : 19th June 2024 at 21:30. Reason: error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks