Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2004, 16:44   #16
Senior - BHPian

forgot to mention..........I take Mega Mass 4000 [a weight gainer]
also only supplements will not allow you to reach your goal. You need to have a proper diet for your goal without which you will not get any results.
Old 6th September 2004, 12:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

hey gordon!
u v12's bro?
u know a hell a lot abt b-building bud!looks like u did proper research before getting into it!

i was on optimum, but now i am planning coach's formula, many of my friends are on it, and from the results i have seen it's almost on par with any other brand, plus cheaper too, what do you think abt coach's formula?
i gave my schedlue in my scond post, doning every part of the body 2 times a week, but from novemeber it becomes 3 times a week,

creatine ,if i take that is will be only in dec after my sem exams, but i will try to remain natural

basically i wanna lift as much as weights i can, so i can build muscle mass,

btw gordon , i have very weak wrists(fell down badly once) and i need to wear atleast 2 wrist straps on each wrists, my coach gave me some excersises for my wrists but they made only a slight difference, any suggestions?!?
Old 6th September 2004, 12:59   #18
Tom
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ Sep. 04 2004,22:10)]Normally when people walk, they walk 10kms at a slow pace. Trust me this wont help you at all.

Our bodies are like cars, they spend most of their energy when work is done at a fast rate, like the car burns max fuel when the revvs are kept high.

Even if you can manage only a km a day, do it as fast as you can, brisk walk is anyday better than jogging. When jogging, you cover a lot of distance but it's like shifthing into 5th gear and cruising, your body isn't using much energy.
is this info off the net or from your own experience?
either ways its absolutely wrong!

and our body DOES NOT work like a car!

Old 6th September 2004, 13:01   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

btw gordon , i have very weak wrists(fell down badly once) and i need to wear atleast 2 wrist straps on each wrists, my coach gave me some excersises for my wrists but they made only a slight difference, any suggestions?!?
Aadix, I had broken my right wrist once during karate practice. It troubled me immensely for two full years until my current professor got me hooked onto knuckle push-ups. Its very difficult initially (but you may already be familiar with it due to your martial arts history) but once you get the hang of it, two or three sets a day will work wonders.

After about 3 months of knuckle push ups and some other misc. exercises, the weakness is history. Its as strong now as the left one.

Hope that helps

GTO
Old 6th September 2004, 13:03   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

P.S. Make sure that your forearm is at exactly the same angle as your wrist when doing these pushups. Your entire arm should be like a straight vertical line when stretched out.

GTO
Old 6th September 2004, 13:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

cool!
will try it gto
anywayz i forgot every thing i learnt in karate, but i do know knuckle pushups will do it!
Old 6th September 2004, 13:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

knuckle pushups are good, and remember that whenever you start your workout you must do warmup wrist curls w/o weights. And then go on to do forearm wrist curls. They are good for the wrists.
Old 6th September 2004, 14:02   #23
Senior - BHPian

guys,

this is one thing other than cars for me.

i started out as a weight lifter 2 yrs back. now, i'm totally into powerlifting. i won the gold medal in the district. placed 5th in the state. just won the university(125 colleges) gold medal in powerlifting yesterday.

just a beginner , though. pls keep giving tips to improve weights. i seriously need to improve bench pressing.
Old 6th September 2004, 19:17   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (Shan2nu @ Sep. 04 2004,22:10)
Normally when people walk, they walk 10kms at a slow pace. Trust me this wont help you at all.

Our bodies are like cars, they spend most of their energy when work is done at a fast rate, like the car burns max fuel when the revvs are kept high.

Even if you can manage only a km a day, do it as fast as you can, brisk walk is anyday better than jogging. When jogging, you cover a lot of distance but it's like shifthing into 5th gear and cruising, your body isn't using much energy.

is this info off the net or from your own experience?
either ways its absolutely wrong!

and our body DOES NOT work like a car!
Yes a brisk walk is anyday better than jogging and it has been tested on people and we do work like cars. Faster the rate of work done, the more calories we burn.

Brisk walk vs jogging

Cardio vascular training is all about getting your heart rate to a certain level. Try it yor self, i bet a brisk walk will get you breathless faster than a normal jog.

You either walk fast or run fast, but jogging isn't the same at all.

Regards...
Shan2nu

Old 6th September 2004, 19:31   #25
Tom
BHPian

while ur at it google a little more on metabolism too.

the body has 2 resources for energy, one is the carbohydrates and the other is fat.

now fat is difficult to burn but the body's first preference for energy is fat.
carbohydrates are more easy to break down into ebergy.

Now if u do something which needs lots of energy in short period of time the body turns towards th carbohydrates.

but for small excercises like walking n stuff...the body is happy with jus burning the fat which is waht most people want to burn.

long story....
Old 6th September 2004, 19:38   #26
Senior - BHPian

Brisk walking does require a lot of energy. We're not talking "a stroll in the park" walking here. Walking as fast you can will surely help you a lot.

Regards...
Shan2nu
Old 6th September 2004, 20:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

actuaaly the body prefers carbs first rather than the fat, after carbs , it uses up the already built muscle,the the fat,

if i am worng sorry, will refer few books and post back in an hr
Old 7th September 2004, 01:48   #28
Senior - BHPian

from what I've read and learnt,

the body uses carbohydrates first for energy, later when the carbohydrate levels decrease, the fat is used AND also the creatine [this is specially during weight training] that is present in your body.

If I'm wrong correct me, but I know I'm right.
Old 8th September 2004, 02:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

guys,
me not into weights.as i play volleyball,its the leap that is imp for me.
so do a lot of crunches,push-ups, both and one handed .and a lot of trekking as mulund has those leapord infested hills.
but nothing to worry abt as --sher ke saamne nahi aatha leapord.

Old 8th September 2004, 03:24   #30
BHPian

Man the only weights I lift are my tools when Im with my car:laugh:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks