Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2011, 10:31   #2821
BHPian

Re: Bodybuilding - Exercises and Supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
I have alot of respect for the guys who train to failure, and it's good fun. Try it!
Dont you get stretch marks if we train to failure?
Lets get some tips on how to avoid stretch marks.

Asking this because one guy in our gym looks massive with t-shirts but when he removes it for posing his body is full of stetch marks and it looks ugly. More over he trains to failure.

Last edited by brraj : 18th March 2011 at 10:32.
Old 18th March 2011, 13:58   #2822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post

Asking this because one guy in our gym looks massive with t-shirts but when he removes it for posing his body is full of stetch marks and it looks ugly. More over he trains to failure.
Usual stretch marks develop owing to either sudden growth of underlying tissue or even fat. This usually is the case at adolescence/puberty when the body is undergoing rapid changes/growth. (much like pregnancy too)

If one warms up well, and maintains a temperature, throughout workout, without taking endless pauses/breaks between sets- you will not have too many stretchies.

The guys I have seen with unsightly stretch marks on areas like biceps, anterior deltoid etc are on some kind of steroids or the other. These are specifically the ones with ripped+muscular+size kinda bodies.

Nothing, absolutely nothing should get you stretch marks if you take care of warming up well, are lifting what you can lift properly, without 'help'. Not training to failure definitely.

That's my understanding, but then again there are as many skin types as people.
Old 18th March 2011, 14:30   #2823
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
There are creams available that can remove all traces of stretch marks. It is made for post-pregnancy recovery, but don't see why it shouldn't work here.
Old 22nd March 2011, 16:56   #2824
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Thanks Samurai!
As far as pullups, there are many ways to help get back to them - kipping is one, you can also use a strap to assist you get up.
I finally got this one: Iron Woody Fitness Bands Flex Bands Stretch Bands Order Page

Have been using since two days. I can suddenly feel some long forgotten muscles. However, I think I should also do some bicep curls for couple months until I can fully move over to pullups.
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:13   #2825
BHPian

Hi all,

I have started gyming from Pg. 188. (read: 1 month old )
So, I am watching Rocky movies, (my alarm is Rocky theme song) << Motivational .. really ..

So, I feel, I pump it in the morning well enough.
More so, I feel like doing some sets in the evening (after returning to my place)
Now, If I plan to buy dumbells, what are the exercises that I can do at my place (in eve before/after my evening snack) to:
1. Compliment my morning workouts
2. Aim is upper body/biceps/Chest development focus.

One more thing,
like I explained in the previous post,
My Breakfast is super heavy + Lunch is bit more than before + Snacks in between.

but, My evening food is
Some Fruit (Apple or Banana)+Juice+Plenty water. (Biscuits/munchies with movies, before sleeping, that is..)
^^ Is it ok?

Please guide!

Update:
My trainer has started to club certain exercises now.
like Monday he coupled Biceps+triceps (with Cardio)
today Chest+Sides (with Cardio)
I think he is having some plans!
Only wonder if they are good ones!!

Gurus here can please comment on that too!

care,

Ace.
Old 24th March 2011, 00:10   #2826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
Hi all,

One more thing,
like I explained in the previous post,
My Breakfast is super heavy + Lunch is bit more than before + Snacks in between.

but, My evening food is
Some Fruit (Apple or Banana)+Juice+Plenty water. (Biscuits/munchies with movies, before sleeping, that is..)
^^ Is it ok?

Please guide!
Ace.
Have some cottage cheese before going to bed.
Old 24th March 2011, 13:39   #2827
Senior - BHPian

Bodybuilding.com - Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Isolate - Whey Protein! On sale now!
DYMATIZE NUTRITION ELITE WHEY ISOLATE

I had earlier tried Muscletech hardcore, iso sensation 93, myofusion, max muscle.
Want to try something new.
SO kindly let me know how is this dymatize protein?
Old 25th March 2011, 20:44   #2828
BHPian

Feel a bit embarassed squeezing in here but.... I've recently been diagnosed with a slightly high cholestrol level (202 & 134). Though I'm taking medication, I would like to know of any low-cholestrol diets fellow members are following. I want to know of the things that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, tea-time and dinner from one's unfriendly & unhealthy company canteen. All the websites I've checked have some fancy stuff. Members may pm me the list as well.
Old 25th March 2011, 23:34   #2829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Feel a bit embarassed squeezing in here but.... I've recently been diagnosed with a slightly high cholestrol level (202 & 134). Though I'm taking medication, I would like to know of any low-cholestrol diets fellow members are following. I want to know of the things that can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, tea-time and dinner from one's unfriendly & unhealthy company canteen. All the websites I've checked have some fancy stuff. Members may pm me the list as well.
Learn how to cook at home and start avoiding the greasy canteen. Thats step one. Get some will-power into your system.

You drive a Bolero. That's a helluva a lot of will power right there.
Old 28th March 2011, 12:14   #2830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Hey MudMover, here's a link that might help, without being fancy.

Low Cholesterol Diet - How to Reduce Cholesterol

I had issues with my cholesterol a few months back, I have upped my cardio and trying to drop some weight.

The good part was my LDL to HDL ratio was fine, which meant that I had both good and bad cholesterol in good quantities. (was still not comforting though knowng the LDL was high)

Complex carbs (i.e. foods with low glycemic index e.g. Oats) and Omega 3 etc fatty acids are great. (if you are a non-vegetarian then start fish, not fried though)

The cooking methods and cooking oil will need checking, and so will all dairy + meat intake to cut out some fat. Red meat will have to be reduced or stopped better still.

Pack a healthy snack from home if possible, avoid fried/ oily stuff. Canteen greasy is bad as its a lot of trans fat and you dont know what oil it is. (they use it days on end)

I dont know what medication you are on, hopefully from a medical practitioner, but I recommend Himalaya's Shuddh Guggul. It works magic on LDL and triglyceride levels, is ayurvedic and does not interfere with anything and has absolutely no side effects.

Start walking is what I will advise, in case you dont lift, and eventually jogging, long distances.

Hope this helps.
Old 28th March 2011, 14:28   #2831
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Have been working out for around two months now. My gym timings are 7:30 PM onwards, for an hour or so. Usually have dinner 15 minutes after I'm done with the work out. Reason being, everything is done inside the office campus, typical bachelors life Weigh close to 90Kgs with a height of 183 cms, so am overweight by around 5KGs. Try to combine weight training with 10 to 15 minutes of cardio.

The problem I'm facing is that if I restrict dinner, I start feeling hungry after around two hours. I usually go to sleep around 12:30 am. What kind of a diet schedule would you recommend for me?

Many thanks in advance.
Old 29th March 2011, 10:08   #2832
BHPian

Eat after every 3 hours. Missing meals means your body is going into catabolic state.
Old 29th March 2011, 10:27   #2833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
Hi Guys,

Have been working out for around two months now. My gym timings are 7:30 PM onwards, for an hour or so. Usually have dinner 15 minutes after I'm done with the work out. Reason being, everything is done inside the office campus, typical bachelors life Weigh close to 90Kgs with a height of 183 cms, so am overweight by around 5KGs. Try to combine weight training with 10 to 15 minutes of cardio.

The problem I'm facing is that if I restrict dinner, I start feeling hungry after around two hours. I usually go to sleep around 12:30 am. What kind of a diet schedule would you recommend for me?

Many thanks in advance.
I don't think its a good idea to eat within 15 mins post workout. Atleast a 30 mins break must be given after cool down. Water can be had frequently, but avoid it during your abdominals' exercises. Well diets again depend on your level of activity, avoid carbs before you sleep.

Cheers.
Old 1st April 2011, 00:22   #2834
Senior - BHPian

guys all these proteins like whey,nitro the etc are they pure vegetarian? will they contain animal fat? i asked instructor and he advised that its extract from milk and is pure veg.

Any one here please confirm
Old 1st April 2011, 15:42   #2835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
guys all these proteins like whey,nitro the etc are they pure vegetarian? will they contain animal fat? i asked instructor and he advised that its extract from milk and is pure veg.

Any one here please confirm
Not all are pure veg. You need to read the label carefully to see. For instance myofusion is not pure veg.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks