Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 16:19   #2611
BHPian

Where is the Whey? :P

Has anyone tried lbnutrition website? Looking for resuming whey supplements- and is rather sick of fake stuff- had read in some other forum about this site- any feedback?
PS: How much is neulife charging for ON Whey? If it is not super- high, I can even head to Mumbai and buy it direct- I had tried their dealer in Pune and was not really sure about the authenticity of the stuff that he sells.
Old 27th July 2010, 10:50   #2612
BHPian

Trakesht : answer to your question :Neulife Nutrition System
I have'nt bought anything from here, i am sure other guys from bombay would be able to help u.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:16   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hi guys,

I needed your advice on some fat burners.

First some history. I'm 5' 10". I was 99 kg and have reduced it to 87 kg in the last 6 months. I did only cardio workout to achieve this. Some strict sugar-free diet and 30g of whey protein after workout has obviously helped. Now for the last few days, my weight is kind of constant. Can I take some fat burners to accelerate the process? I workout for 4-5 days a week. Recently, I have taken to basic weights also.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

EDIT: One more thing: Has anybody tried
1. Cytosport - Complete Whey Protein
2. Cytosport - Evopro
Tell me if I'm going to gain weight/fat by taking these?
Thanks!
I wouldnt advise using fatburners.. You wont get that kind of fat loss as shown in marketing websites..more over it has lot of side effects.. It has caffine and some has effedra. it increases yur heart rate makes you feel jittery all the time. More over chromium used in thermogenic fat burners is bad for your kidneys.
Nothing works better than hard work..You must concentrate on doing more weight training combined with high intensity cardio. It helps burn fat faster. start with complete body workouts workout thrice a week for 2 months and see results.
Old 28th July 2010, 00:54   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Friend of mine goes there so i was told.
True. I dont use many facilities of golds as well but then you know there arent many good options in faridabad.

Try fitstop in either 15 or 21.

I think 15 is closer to your place. It is hekkloads more VFM. And decent service to boot. Meet the owner sometime, at Gold's as well as Fitstop. You'll see what I mean.
Old 28th July 2010, 02:38   #2615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post
Try fitstop in either 15 or 21.

I think 15 is closer to your place. It is hekkloads more VFM. And decent service to boot. Meet the owner sometime, at Gold's as well as Fitstop. You'll see what I mean.
Am paid till next july so cant switch over.
Moreover am satisfied with golds as of now.
Old 16th August 2010, 16:30   #2616
Senior - BHPian

Hey what music do you guys listen to when working out?
Can someone suggest a good play-list please?

Eminem's Curtain Call always gets me going but... its not exactly the kind of album that will appeal to all. And its a very old album too now.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:30   #2617
Senior - BHPian

Just resumed gymming after a year. Weight has gone up to 105kg, but luckily strength is still around 80% of what it used to be back then, and the CNS is still used to heavy weights. Setting a goal of 10kg loss by the 20th of September with just lifting. Cardio exercises happen while I'm playing with my dog

What's the recommended protein and creatine brand these days?
Old 19th August 2010, 13:39   #2618
Team-BHP Support

I think this thread is more about body building. Weight loss and fitness are discussed in a separate thread called the Fitness thread.
As for cardio while playing with dog, if that cardio was enough, you would not have gone to 105kg.
Old 19th August 2010, 13:54   #2619
Senior - BHPian

My plan of losing weight is by lifting heavy weights, which coincidentally, results in bigger muscles and a built body. And by stating that I have gone up to 105kg even though I play with my dog, it is quite obvious that the activity is only to preserve my stamina. Nonetheless, thank you for stating the obvious. And I did ask about the recommended brands of protein, so I believe my post was on topic. Now if only someone could actually get back to the topic and discuss protein powders...

Last edited by pranavt : 19th August 2010 at 13:56.
Old 20th August 2010, 14:59   #2620
BHPian

Pranav: i tried to go the same way and got the same results, hence now got my self to 15-20 rep mode, supersets, got my Fat to 16.1% at 77 kgs( as of 12th Aug 2010). Since ramadaan is on so meal; and exercise timings are only after sunset. Right now its just exercise not much concentration on growth hence alternate day workout (mon-wed-fri), and weekends being rest. Exercise per bodypart, no failure.

Protein powders : Myofusion by Gaspari Nutrition is what lot of people on the thread are recommending, i have'nt tried em. My last two tubs were Nitrotech and ON 100% whey. Nitrotech was goooood.

Keep Repping!
Old 26th August 2010, 21:21   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hey what music do you guys listen to when working out?
Can someone suggest a good play-list please?
Vocal Trance. I like.

You'll get as many different responses to this questions as there are genres. To each their own. So listen to what you like best.

I hear the "Rocky" OST is a great motivator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I think this thread is more about body building. Weight loss and fitness are discussed in a separate thread called the Fitness thread.
erm. your fundae make me squirm. So bodybuilding is only about bulking up, and not cutting back the size?
Old 27th August 2010, 12:47   #2622
BHPian

Need some suggestions on equipment

Guys,

I'm 5'10 and weigh 78Kgs. Offlate not going to gym and feeling heavy.

Can someone suggest a excercise machine for home use which i can use for cardio sessions (ellipticals?)

Thanks,
Kottee
Old 27th August 2010, 13:07   #2623
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
I'm 5'10 and weigh 78Kgs. Offlate not going to gym and feeling heavy.

Can someone suggest a excercise machine for home use which i can use for cardio sessions (ellipticals?)
Before you invest into any equipment, try this. Go 5 rounds around your living room on your palms and toes without touching the knees to the ground. See how it feels. It is called a bear walk. If you don't feel much burn, go ahead with the ellipticals.
Old 28th August 2010, 00:48   #2624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Before you invest into any equipment, try this. Go 5 rounds around your living room on your palms and toes without touching the knees to the ground. See how it feels. It is called a bear walk. If you don't feel much burn, go ahead with the ellipticals.
Hi Samurai, I'm sorry if I misunderstood this, but is this like an eligibility criteria? Meant you should not be doing ellipticals if you cannot do the bear walk? Please enlighten me, since even I fall under the unfit and overweight category
Old 28th August 2010, 00:55   #2625
Team-BHP Support

Ah, I was just trying to saving you some money. This bear walk can burn lot more fat and work out lot more parts than the elliptical machine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks