Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2007, 01:04   #196
Senior - BHPian

hey Sohail I have become a big fan of yours, boy that was so much valuable information you have given me. I am going to chart out the diet and start of from tomorrow with the help of what all you have told me. Thanks so much
Old 29th April 2007, 12:56   #197
BANNED

whats the fastest and most effective way to lose those lil spare tyres and lil belly. i feel its the most difficult part. rest of the body building is much easy
Old 29th April 2007, 15:23   #198
Senior - BHPian

Also it is very important while working out to observe how you breathe.
Old 29th April 2007, 16:11   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
whats the fastest and most effective way to lose those lil spare tyres and lil belly. i feel its the most difficult part. rest of the body building is much easy
there are exercises....that target ur core. Pick up a copy of Men's health....either the US edition or the Indian one. They usually give the exercies in that almost every issue now.
Old 29th April 2007, 16:37   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
:O

Is it?

Or are you confusing muscle building with bulking up?

Reducing fat AND building muscles: THAT is bodybuilding.

And both are equally difficult.
Because you need to put on fat, if you wanna put on muscular mass.

Anyway, spceific to your question:
There are few things you need to do -
1. Diet. Change the eating habbits. Breakfast should be heaviest. Lunch should be normal. Dinner should be lightest.
Dinner should have no fatty content, and very less carbs. Eat truck loads of fruits and salads.

2. Eat more frequently. More than just three times a day. Preferably every 3 hours.

3. Reduce Servings size. That helps.

4. Drink more water. Atleast 4 liters per day.

5. Coming to the physical activity thing. Doing more abdominal exrecise wil not get rid of fat from there. Do more of aerobic stuff. Or exercise that pump your whole body.
Doing squats will reduce more fat from your tummy than doing crunches.

6. Run. Walking is said to be good. But I am sure you wont have that much time in your disposal. Running will do the same effect in shorter time.
Running also help because it keeps burning your cals long after you have stopped running.

7. Weight training. Do weight training just as you were doing earlier. No need to increae reps/decrease weight etc BS.
Old 30th April 2007, 04:27   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Sohail Pistwala I am really impressed with your determination. I really need your help.

Here are my stats : -

1) Age - 19
2) Height - 6ft 2 inches
3) Biceps - 14
4) Waist - 29
5) Weight - 64kgs

I have been working out in the gym since around 2 years or so but havenot seen the results i desired, I dont follow any particular diet and my personal trainer told me to have creatine to build mass. He told me i should have creatine atleast .8 so i can have, but when i did a creatine test it turned out to be .99 (Min - .5, max - 1.2)

I have whey protein post workout.

The problem i am facing is i dont know which parts to workout at what time and how much gap to take everyweek. Diet another is a big question which i am facing as i dont know what all to eat.

Can anyone chart out a diet plan and workout routine for me. I dont do cardio, because when i do, i loose weight and my trainer says ill loose mucle mass.

P.S I do eat eggs and Non-veg.
I am in the same situation as you as in no non-veg.

Now can you post your routine and the diet you have?

The problem you have with diet and exercise is nothing new and many people in my gym have that who just come and start doing bicep curls and other stupid exercises.

The most important thing to know is that muscles are NOT created in the gym, they are created in your bed when you sleep. You go to the gym to breakdown your existing muscle, then eat well and these muscles will recover when you are sleeping and you come out bigger and better. The goal is to breakdown the maximum muscle as possible in the gym without killing yourself. What exercises do that? Certainly not little exercises like bicep curls or shoulder whatevers. Exercises like squats, deadlifts , pullups, benches, leg press and military press do the trick. These are better than the other because they are multijoint exercises and you work more than one muscle at a time. For example when you do squats you work your quads, your glutes, shoulders, abs and lower back. So at a time you are exercising more body parts. Your workout should be built upon the big three, squats deadlifts and benches.

As somebody said before gaining muscle is 80% diet, 20% exercise. You need to really count your carbs and proteins. Now assuming you have a normal south/north indian diet(roti/rice + dal + veggies and fruits) you probably are getting enough carbs. What you need to focus on is proteins. For optimum growth you need atleast 1gram/lb of your bodyweight. Now usually that's the recommended one but for me .7-.8gm/lb of body weight did the trick, but this depends upon your body.
Old 30th April 2007, 04:38   #202
BHPian

Now BUSA here is a sample routine you could use. Its two day routine. It will give your body enough rest between the workout days to recover. Now as far as the reps are concerned you should do them depending on your goals. If you just want some plain muscle to impress the ladies at the beach , you should keep up withing 8-10 reps. But if you want to be plain strong to beat up anybody :P, then be in the 6-8 rep range.

Day 1: Chest/shoulders/triceps/abs

Bench: 3 x 8-10(3 sets, 10 reps)
Incline/decline dumbbell bench: 3 x 8-10
Shoulders: Military press: 3 x 10-12
Triceps(any exercises you want, I usually do tricep pulldown, but dips is another great one): 3x 10-12
Abs: 3x10

Day2: Back/legs

Upperback: Pullups(the best damn back exercise ever) 3 x failure
Barbell row: 2 x 8-10
Legpress: 3 x 10
Lower back: 2 x 8-10
Now I usually alternate between deadlifts and squats every week.
Squats/deadlifts: 4 x 8-10

If you are a complete newbie be careful with squats/deadlifts. Start with extremely light weights and FOCUS ON THE FORM. If you screw up the form then rest assured you will hurt yourself. But if your form is right then again rest assured that you will be on your way to have muscles like greek gods. And also have a spotter with you when you do benches.

Btw don't follow what ronnie coleman or arnie do. They are different people, the pros have excellent genetics and steroids as well to get those muscle. So don't get carried away with those flashy body building magazines. Just keep up your diet and do the compound exercises you will be good. Hope this helps. If there are further questions I would love to answer it.
Old 30th April 2007, 11:10   #203
BHPian

LOLs busa, you have got all the help now, enjoy your workout out...yeah one thing is suggestions will keep coming in... dont get confused will all the inputs workout according to your body type.

Single Body part a day, two body parts or 3 body parts a day all these programs are helpful, but only if your body can take enough of these. It also at times depend on the climatic conditions. IN the US its quiet cold enough so you dont get tired and its easy to grow more when its cold and hence the reason is to shred during summer and bulk up during winter, seeing the climatic conditions here in bombay as you know its teribly hot and humid, so chances are you might get tired and drained out.

So see how you body reacts to all this workout types.

@jesal : leg press , squats, leg raises can help you loose out your spare tyre, yeah along with the little less intake of fat and carbs.

@ busa: breathing is important, let me see i think it is, breathe out when u are pulling something towards you example : during biceps curls, breathe out when you curl the biceps towards your choulders and breathe In when you release the bar to the start postition.
Breathe out when pushing the weights away from you: example during bench press , breathe out when you pushing the weight up and breathe in when you come down to the start position during the press. (correct me if i am wrong anybody).
Old 30th April 2007, 15:03   #204
Senior - BHPian

Thanx alot Centro-P & Sohail, very useful information

Quote:
I am in the same situation as you as in no non-veg.
I mean i do eat non-veg

My diet is horrible. I dont eat eggs regularly, sometimes when i come form te gym in josh i have two boiled eggs. Usually and mostly when i come out from the gym i have whey protein shake in milk.

1) Can anyone tell me how many liters should milk be consumed in a day.

2) During workout should water been taken??

@ Sohail - How did you put on 30kgs??
Old 30th April 2007, 15:14   #205
BHPian

@busa: if you cant take in much eggs then try to add soya nuggets or soya beans for your diet, or dates (Each date is Equivalent to 3 eggs)which are like easy to digest and tasty too. LOLS.

Milk: drink as much your body/stomach can take, i dont think there is any specific number of litres for Milk, try to have it at regular intervals.

water: please drink as much as possible through out the day, even during the workout have water, its no harmful but dont fill it till your throat, or you'll start throwing up around the GYM hahaha

30kgs in 6 months : lmao, usually we have 3 good meals, i ended having 5 good meals, (breakfast, lunch, meal 2 hours after the lunch, a small meal 1 hour before the workout and good dinner after the workout). Apart from these Mass building exercises like 3 days or 4 day split workouts, without cardio intervals , just rest....
Old 15th May 2007, 18:11   #206
Senior - BHPian

Check this, this and this guys.
Old 16th May 2007, 10:42   #207
BHPian

Good Find busa, thanx man.... btw hows the progress so far... dude....
Old 16th May 2007, 12:24   #208
BHPian

busa, have whey protein after gym mixed in water, the body can absorb this much faster compared to milk.
you can have whey and milk before you goto bed. but right after gym with water is ideal.
Old 16th May 2007, 19:02   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good Find busa, thanx man.... btw hows the progress so far... dude....
Thanks buddy, well trying my level best. have started to eat more protein now.

Quote:
busa, have whey protein after gym mixed in water, the body can absorb this much faster compared to milk.
you can have whey and milk before you goto bed. but right after gym with water is ideal.
Thanks alot Cheapdeal. I always have with milk but from now on will make it a point to have it with water.
Old 16th May 2007, 19:16   #210
BANNED

guys i have been goin to gym from 3 years got a nice body never fallowed any particular diet,, but the thing is got a gap of three months couldnt go to gym .Now i got some extras fat on stomach can u guys tell how to loose it...and wot kind of diet i should take........

started doin thread mill daily... will it be sufficient...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks