Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 15:59   #481
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Having read through a large number of posts,here and in various forums Im surprised to read some views .
None of the above is a license or invitation for someone to rape her.
Totally agree. Its like saying that whne I walk around town with my beer belly I am inviting someone to stab me.
Sorry, but if people have issues to accept the fact that women are equally human as men, then that is the issue to be addressed. Not women going to movies/ clubs/ restaurants.

One more thing, we feel obliged to protect them because they are our sister/ mother/ daughter/ wife etc. While that is commendable, dont we have an obligation to protect our own (I typed countrymen, but realised even that word is gender specific!).
Are women not allowed to have an identity of their own?
Do women always have to wait for someone in shining armour to protect them?
Can men not behave themselves and keep their things to themselves?
Would men like it if they got basic facilities only because they were the brother/ husband/ father/ son of some woman?

Last edited by selfdrive : 10th January 2013 at 16:06.
Old 10th January 2013, 16:01   #482
Senior - BHPian

re: The Delhi Bus Rape Case. UPDATE: Ram Singh Suicide. The 4 others sentenced to DEATH.

I heard that No.6 got bashed up badly in the two Juvenile Homes he was sent to. He is now in a bad state in a Hospital, supposedly for an inflamed Appendix as per the fuzz. There is more honour amongst thieves than in the so called gentleman.

Another thing which is bugging me is the lady who tried defending Asaram on the box. She was sounding like a totally brainwashed zombie.
Old 10th January 2013, 16:07   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I heard that No.6 got bashed up badly in the two Juvenile Homes he was sent to. He is now in a bad state in a Hospital, supposedly for an inflamed Appendix as per the fuzz. There is more honour amongst thieves than in the so called gentleman.
I won't be surprised if it is a planted story. The govt may be trying to to portray him as a victim! Our present govt is capable is anything. After all, they shifted the brain dead victim to S'pore!

In the meanwhile, Subramanyam Swamy is in the courts arguing that this butcher be treated as an adult. I wonder why none of the blending heart activists approached SC with this idea!

https://twitter.com/swamy39/status/289292331046285312
https://twitter.com/swamy39/status/289297362076196865

Last edited by sa_kiran : 10th January 2013 at 16:10.
Old 10th January 2013, 16:12   #484
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_kiran View Post
I won't be surprised if it is a planted story. The govt may be trying to to portray him as a victim! Our present govt is capable is anything.
Why would the Govt want to do this? How would the Govt benefit from this?
Old 10th January 2013, 16:12   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I won't be surprised if it is a planted story. The govt may be trying to to portray him as a victim! Our present govt is capable is anything. After all, they shifted the brain dead victim to S'pore!

In the meanwhile, Subramanyam Swamy is in the courts arguing that this butcher be treated as an adult. I wonder why none of the blending heart activists approached SC with this idea!

https://twitter.com/swamy39/status/289292331046285312
https://twitter.com/swamy39/status/289297362076196865
There is already a PIL filed and the court has issued notice to the govt. Swamy is doing it in his own way knowing law.
Old 10th January 2013, 16:42   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Totally agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Regardless of culture, a woman should be free to do what she wants.

, and anyone who is questioning that in any forum is questioning the basic constitution provided right of Freedom .

That needs to be dealt as a criminal offense. Be it Besharam Bapu, Hers of politicians or that lawyer, they are to be tried for disrespecting the modesty of a woman.
Old 10th January 2013, 18:41   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Why would the Govt want to do this? How would the Govt benefit from this?
The govt wants to achieve the same that they planned when they made the police announce that one of the perpetrators is juvenile. Now, don't tell me that the perpetrator is really a juvenile. There have been innumerable cases where the govt has twisted facts to either hand out or deny justice. When the govt has not been consistent and honest earlier, why that pretense now?

Govt could have just ignored this juvenile factor. This makes all the more sense when the villagers (and may be his mother as well) have been saying that this juvenile ran away from home 11 years ago, that is when he was 6 years old
Old 10th January 2013, 19:09   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am slightly disappointed after reading your comment especially given your stature and age on the forum. However gruesome the crime was, the above incident is against the law. I want to make it plain and clear that I am neither condoning him or supporting him, all I am saying is that we are a democracy and we have the law of the land and he should be punished severely as per the law.

If we are not going to uphold the law, twisting and turning it as 'we' deem appropriate, the law itself will not be left with a meaning.
Old 10th January 2013, 19:24   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hope it's true.
I don't understand why he is referred to as "the juvenile"! Why can't they disclose his name. I am just too worried he may get away and that should just not happen.
Old 10th January 2013, 20:26   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am slightly disappointed after reading your comment especially given your stature and age on the forum. However gruesome the crime was, the above incident is against the law. I want to make it plain and clear that I am neither condoning him or supporting him, all I am saying is that we are a democracy and we have the law of the land and he should be punished severely as per the law.

If we are not going to uphold the law, twisting and turning it as 'we' deem appropriate, the law itself will not be left with a meaning.
I used to think like you, before I began to sympathize with people who would get no justice no mater what and took matter in their own hands. Sad state of affairs, but to somebody who is getting all the heat from corrupt and/or incompetent police and judicial system, we armchair critics don't mean much. Dangerously enough, naxalites and likes of phoolan devi fall in the same category.
Old 10th January 2013, 20:31   #491
BANNED

Quote:
The govt wants to achieve the same that they planned when they made the police announce that one of the perpetrators is juvenile. Now, don't tell me that the perpetrator is really a juvenile.
Why do you think he is not a juvenile?
And why do you think the Govt is lying about it?

Quote:
There have been innumerable cases where the govt has twisted facts to either hand out or deny justice. When the govt has not been consistent and honest earlier, why that pretense now?
They do it for the rich and powerful. Why should they do it for this guy? Is he the son of a politician or an industrialist?

I cannot think of one reason why the Govt should be trying to help these guys.

Quote:

Govt could have just ignored this juvenile factor.
The Govt can't ignore or not ignore it. It's for the courts. The Govt is not trying the case.
Old 11th January 2013, 01:58   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you think he is not a juvenile?
And why do you think the Govt is lying about it?

They do it for the rich and powerful. Why should they do it for this guy? Is he the son of a politician or an industrialist?

I cannot think of one reason why the Govt should be trying to help these guys.

The Govt can't ignore or not ignore it. It's for the courts. The Govt is not trying the case.
I dont understand either. What incentive does the Delhi government have...? Unless, somehow somewhere, they are connected to some person of influence...
Old 11th January 2013, 09:54   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
I dont understand either. What incentive does the Delhi government have...? Unless, somehow somewhere, they are connected to some person of influence...
Vote bank politics, that the present govt has been following. No sensible person wants this perpetrator to get away without punishment. But, the govt is digging a hole and jumping into it, in the hope of dividing communities and getting votes.

Quote:
If the courts were seriously into the business of handing out justice, a lot of ministers would have been rotting in jail. It is the govt that is handing out judgements. Remember the infamous quote of Niira Radia, govt gives USB drives, judges print and sign!
Old 11th January 2013, 10:00   #494
BANNED

Quote:
Vote bank politics, that the present govt has been following.
Your contention is they are looking to strengthen their position with their vote bank of past rapists, current rapists and potential future rapists. And they don't mind upsetting the potential voters who are against rape because they think that the votes they gain from the rapist vote bank will more the compensate for the votes they lose from the regular people.

Quote:
No sensible person wants this perpetrator to get away without punishment.
I don't see how you reach the conclusion that the Govt wants the perpetrator to get away without punishment.

Quote:
But, the govt is digging a hole and jumping into it, in the hope of dividing communities and getting votes.
Yes, they are looking to divide the community into rapists and non-rapists and trying to corner the rapist vote bank. They need to be quick and nimble with this because I am sure all the other parties will also be interested in strengthening their position amongst the rapist vote bank.

Last edited by carboy : 11th January 2013 at 10:02.
Old 11th January 2013, 10:55   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The govt wants to achieve the same that they planned when they made the police announce that one of the perpetrators is juvenile. Now, don't tell me that the perpetrator is really a juvenile.

Govt could have just ignored this juvenile factor.
Quote:
Vote bank politics, that the present govt has been following. .....
But, the govt is digging a hole and jumping into it, in the hope of dividing communities and getting votes.

If the courts were seriously into the business of handing out justice, a lot of ministers would have been rotting in jail.

It is the govt that is handing out judgements.

Remember the infamous quote of Niira Radia, govt gives USB drives, judges print and sign!
sa_kiran,

I have seen many conspiracy theories, but yours is the most hilarious. I picked up some of your quotes from this page itself. Your confirmation bias and avoidance of cognitive dissonance is reinforcing your hilarious beliefs.

You are saying Congress is now targeting rapists as vote banks? I am sure we have not reached that level yet. Maybe another 50 years.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks