Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2012, 19:01   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Sam Kapasi is NO MORE :(

I'm late, I know.
I never really knew Sam, either really or virtually. During my time on T-BHP, I've been grossly ignorant about his posts here and I must say I regret it quite a bit now.

He seemed too full of life to not have one anymore. My condolences to the family. May Jenny find strength to pull through these tumultuous times.

'I just need to know that I truly lived, before I die.'
Well Sam, you can have no regrets, you lived a life that most of us can only dream of. I'm sure you're rocking the heavens just the way you did here.

We'll miss you, Yeti®
Old 29th October 2012, 19:48   #1157
BHPian

Shocking news... Had missed this thread completely.

We will surely miss one of the earliest members of team bhp, whose posts were informative, educative and radiated the energy and cheerfulness that was so very characteristic of Sam.

Pray that the almighty grant patience and strength to Jenny and family.
Old 1st November 2012, 17:08   #1158

RIP Sam! We'll miss you for sure.
Old 1st November 2012, 21:06   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Autocar India carried a obituary of Sam in the Nov'12 issue.
Old 11th November 2012, 15:56   #1160
BHPian

Oh my god! Didn't know about this till today... what a terrible loss!

Rest in peace, Sam!
Old 12th November 2012, 00:07   #1161
BHPian

Dear all,

It has taken me till now to master the courage to put these lines together. Today, it has been exactly 7 weeks since our tragic accident and still it seems simply unbelievable that what is happened is really true. How much I wish I could rewind this thing called „time“.

You all have been following our love story over the past years and have wished us love, joy and happiness in abundance. Therefore, I do not think that many more words about us are necessary. The void that Sam has left cannot ever be described with words but over the last few weeks, I have received so many messages – in this thread and offline too - and I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the sympathy and wishes expressed.

Many people have asked for more details about the accident. Please understand that this is not something I would like to see up online, ever. However, I would like to put speculations to rest. No, we were not speeding. No, nothing was wrong with our car as such. We were just damn unlucky due to a burst tyre. The only thing that I would like to share and for which I will ever be grateful, is that Sam did not have to suffer but has passed away in exactly the way he always wished for, in a matter of a second.

For many we were “TheCouple®” in this forum - something we have always cherished and would have liked to enjoy for many years longer. Despite our different cultural backgrounds and upbringings, we have succeeded in lighting up the flame of our love and making it shine high and bright. I know I am very blessed to have had this kind of deep love in my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Finding the one is a great relief. You find the one and then you're a new man. You can focus on things that make life special. It's a bloody relief, that's what it is.
  1. Find TheOne.
Right, so let's tick that off the list along with wondering to who spend the rest of my life with, who to go out for dinner with, whose shoulder to cry on, who to turn to for help day or night and how to get laid on a regular basis.

Now to focus on life and how to live it well.

Seriously, the time we spend either looking for, or imagining the ideal partner is incredible. Either we do that or fool everyone into thinking that we prefer to be alone. I don't prefer it. I'll say it now. Everytime something exciting happens, you have someone whose should you tap and say:

Hey, did you see that?

Sometimes the greatest of my holidays have been ruined because I experienced a moment and didn't have someone to say that to at that moment. And now, here she is. My better half. My partner.
I often think of the above with a big smile cause it had turned out that we were not just partners, friends, husband and wife, but soul mates in a very special way. And it comforts me to know that Sam will always continue to be with me, and with all those who have dedicated a place in their heart for him.

My mother had sent me a beautiful poem by Henry Scott-Holland, which I would like to share with you too:

All is well.

Death is nothing at all.
I have only slipped away to the next room.
I am I and you are you.
Whatever we were to each other, 
that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name.
Speak to me in the easy way,
which you always used.

Put no difference into your tone.
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow.

Laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me. Pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was.
Let it be spoken without effect.
Without the trace of a shadow on it.

Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same that it ever was.
There is absolute unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight? 

I am but waiting for you.
For an interval.
Somewhere. Very near.
Just around the corner.

All is well.

Many of you have read a lot (if not all) of Sam’s threads and many of you know about his view points on living life, enjoying life and making the most out of it. To refresh your minds, let me lead you back to the following post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post804559

And so it comes that I would like to wish all of you a very happy Diwali and prosperous new year. And for those of you who are lighting up their houses, keep a diya on for Sam and make him smile! After all, Diwali has always had a special meaning for him and he enjoyed this festival with all his heart. Our diyas are already lighting up the skies.

Stay happy and live “TheYeti® Life”. He would have wanted you to.

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th November 2012 at 16:52. Reason: Fixing link to point to post #545 in that thread, as something got formatted wrong when you posted it. :)
TheOne® is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th November 2012, 00:22   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
live “TheYeti® Life”.
Jenny

First of all, thank you so much to be back on the forum to share a few moments with us. Sam was indeed, a bit more than an average joe for many.

I have only one thing to say... I feel really happy to see you back here, life is cruel and doesn't gives us options at times. People may or may not be with us forever, it's their certain ways to brighten other's lives, that's what matters in long run.

wish you all the luck and happiness for the coming future, God bless you.
Old 12th November 2012, 01:16   #1163
BHPian

Every Diwali, someone in my house lights the diya. This year I will light them. God bless you Jenny.
Old 12th November 2012, 02:02   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
To refresh your minds...
... live “TheYeti® Life
Thanks for posting, Jenny.

Some places and things never fail to bring a smile & Sam to my mind:
Kaffee Und Kuchen
Airports & flights
EU, Schengen
Automated Parkings
Shorts n slippers

Surely, for many of us he's "Never Gone".

Take care, God bless you.
Old 12th November 2012, 02:23   #1165
Distinguished - BHPian

Me too. Will think of you both...
Old 12th November 2012, 12:44   #1166

Dear Jenny,

Diyas will glow brighter this fateful year in Sam's name.

Wishing you and your love for him, eternal shine.......

Thank you for the heartfelt words.
Old 12th November 2012, 12:51   #1167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stay happy and live “TheYeti® Life”. He would have wanted you to.
Hello Jenny,

Appreciate the courage & acceptance you have developed to face this in life.

Yes. I will try to live “TheYeti® Life” as Sam personally told me to do so couple of months back. He will always be in our heart.

Regards,
Old 12th November 2012, 13:05   #1168
BHPian

Sam & Jenny were kind enough to welcome me to the Team BHP family when I posted my first introductory thread. Ever since, I've been an avid follower of all of Sam's blogs and have cherished each and every one of them.

Jenny, please accept my heartfelt condolences on Sam's passing away. May his soul rest in peace. I'm sure he will be the eternal rockstar wherever he is now.
Old 12th November 2012, 18:41   #1169
BHPian

Thank Jenny, for being back here, SAM will always be with us, i have re-read every single post and watched the Mumbai - Delhi Trip in Nano part 1 - 15 video's in youtube countless number of times,

As your mom rightly sent, Sam has just progressed to the next room , is and will always be with us, the impact that he created, a huge fan following just for reading his blogs alone echos how best he lived his life,

he can never be forgotten and i thank Team BHP personally for letting me know of such a wonderful person (though not in flesh) through his posts and for preserving all the content that Sam has meticulous;y recorded all these years.
Old 12th November 2012, 19:26   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Many of you have read a lot (if not all) of Sam’s threads and many of you know about his view points on living life, enjoying life and making the most out of it. To refresh your minds, let me lead you back to the following post:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...tml#post804559

And so it comes that I would like to wish all of you a very happy Diwali and prosperous new year. And for those of you who are lighting up their houses, keep a diya on for Sam .
Jenny, thanks for writing in on this forum and I can very well relate to the courage you have buckled up to convey your emotions in words to the rest of us here.

I read, read and read again - the link that you have pointed to. Only to be awestruck that my faith in destiny is re-affirmed. The Yeti practised what he preached and for many of us here, it sure has helped define and lead the Way of Life.

Please do write in as and when you can. Thanks again.

Last edited by mempheS.D : 12th November 2012 at 19:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks