Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2016, 23:32   #46
BHPian

Re: Table Tennis anyone ?

Never knew this thread existed. Would love to see this thread active. My latest acquisition is Tibhar Carbon Shot blade and Mark V rubber. I had been using GKI Euro XX.
Old 29th January 2019, 23:14   #47
BHPian

I have been trying a few combos... got myself a Sanwei M8 assembled rubbers from AliExpress... found it too light and slow; fortunately was able to sell it locally.
Now have a Yinhe 980 blade with Mercury rubbers... great control, but not suiting my game (not much beyond a recreational player).
GKI Kungfu blade with GKI offensive rubbers is my current go to racket: good spin and decent control!
Old 31st August 2022, 10:13   #48
BHPian

Guys any good coaches available near Whitefield area in Bangalore? Need to enroll my kiddo.
Old 8th October 2022, 15:13   #49
BHPian

Recently started playing with a club. After assessing my level, I was recommended this set up by a professional player and I'm extremely happy with the outcome and the progression that I could make with this.

The rubbers are Rozena 1.9mm in thickness for both FH and BH. Though not as comparable to the Tenergy or Dignics, it serves my purpose for now. The carbon mix in the wood is more pleasing and adds to the needed power and speed.
Attached Thumbnails
Table Tennis anyone ?-butterfly_2.jpg  

Table Tennis anyone ?-butterfly_1.jpg  

Last edited by joe1980 : 8th October 2022 at 15:16.
joe1980 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2022, 11:48   #50

I bought a new racket, assembled - Butterfly Arylate-Carbon blade and Dignics 80 for FH and BH. Will try it out at my local club this weekend.

Also hearing very good things about Nittaku Hammond Z2!
CNMaLin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 18:28   #51
BHPian

Hello fellow members.

I am looking to buy a table tennis table for my house. I am willing to spend about Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 30,000. We are amateurs and my kids are only learning now, but I am looking for something that is of high quality and will last us for a long time. Any recommendations on specific brands and what specifications we should be looking out would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 26th June 2023, 07:12   #52
BHPian

The Indian women's team won the doubles event at a world championship event last night:

They beat 2 very highly regarded Korean and Japanese pairings on their way to victory. This must be a new high for Indian table tennis in the world arena.

Some top players didn't take part in this event, but still, this is a fantastic achievement.
hdus001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2023, 14:30   #53
BHPian

Anyone following Ultimate Table Tennis here? Just found that the matches are being played in Pune very close to my home. Booked tickets for the Pune vs Chennai semi-final on Saturday via BookMyShow.
b_naresh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2024, 16:38   #54
BHPian

Yesterday was probably the biggest day in Indian Table tennis history. I wonder why this doesn't get more media coverage.

Ayhika Mukherjee, ranked 155, defeated the World no: 1, Sun Yingsha. This is a massive upset! For a bit of context, Sun Yingsha has never been beaten before in a team match and
is by far the most dominant women's player over the last few years.:

And following this, Sreeja Akula, ranked 49, defeated the World No: 2, Wang Yidi in straight sets.

China still ended up winning the team match 3-2, but they sure got a scare.
hdus001 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks