Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2013, 15:59   #31
NMS
BHPian

Re: Table Tennis anyone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_naresh View Post
Hi NMS,

Do you have the table set up in your society yet?

Lolzz , No Man, not yet, the builder is taking much much longer than expected. The table is already there, but the nets havent been put up.
I will try and check if I can use my personal nets for this.
Will keep you posted on this.

P.S. Sorry for a much delayed response !!
Old 26th July 2013, 13:23   #32
BHPian

Folks, any pointers on Table Tennis clubs/players groups/facilities to play in Hyderabad? I am a die hard TT fan and been a top player from my school days. Represented my company for ItSAP held in Infy, Gachibowli.
Old 5th December 2013, 15:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
Finally bought it.

Joola Carbon Ply - Rs 1400
Mark V Rubber for the Forehand - Rs 1000
RITC 729 Rubber for the Backhand - Rs 350. Will be changing this one I guess in some time.

Still not used to it - have trouble controlling the speed.

Some pics
Hi,
Any reviews on the Carbon Ply? Please do put some words on this bat.
Regards,

To All TT enthusiasts and experts,
I've restarted playing recently and thinking of getting a new TT bat (old one is gone long back), was considering the following, [BTW, was super surprised to see the increase in prices of these wood and rubbers)
1. Joola Carbon/Butterfly Jonyer/Donic All-round.. Out of these Joola Carbon is the cheapest and I can use the money saved on rubbers. And Yasaka Mark V seems to work well with Carbon bats.
2. Considering Yasaka Mark V Max for forehand and Adidas R-6/Yasaka Mark V for backhand. I've played with Mark V before and suits my play. Was thinking of trying the Adidas R-6 rubber as I've heard good things about this rubber. But I'm bit worried about the durability (sure it is not going to last as long as the Yasaka rubber).
About my playing level, I'm more of an intermediate level player who plays chop, chop and attack. Not very good at defense or long rallies.
Considering all these, any other alternate advise will be highly appreciated.
Regards,
Old 5th December 2013, 17:32   #34
BHPian

I have a Joola Carbon with Mark V on both sides. It is a wonderful combination, especially for your (and mine) style of play. I recently got the new racket for @3600
Old 5th December 2013, 17:54   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
I have a Joola Carbon with Mark V on both sides. It is a wonderful combination, especially for your (and mine) style of play. I recently got the new racket for @3600
Thanks a ton for the info. Can you please tell me where you've got the combo for 3600Rs? If I buy from Flipkart or other online stores then the price is showing around 5k :(.. Any better place to buy online?
Old 5th December 2013, 18:52   #36
BHPian

Snapdeal with 20% off coupon for Joola, for Mark V try selectionsports.in

I bought the Mark V's from the store at 1250 each.Online price is 1350.
Old 6th December 2013, 10:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Snapdeal with 20% off coupon for Joola, for Mark V try selectionsports.in I bought the Mark V's from the store at 1250 each.Online price is 1350.
Thanks for the pointer regarding selectionsports. Contacting them regarding shipping.

Anyone have played with the Adidas R6 rubber? I'm tempted to use it on one side and see. Any feedback would be really appreciated.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi,
Any reviews on the Carbon Ply? Please do put some words on this bat.
On the ply per se I'd say its a good budget ply, satisfactory for mediocre players like my self. I haven't used anything other than this combination (the pre assembled Butterflies not included) The Mark V is grand, I'll change the Friendship rubber in some time but its not all that bad. All in all this combination is excellent if you are a serious-casual player.
Old 20th December 2013, 14:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Snapdeal with 20% off coupon for Joola, for Mark V try selectionsports.in

I bought the Mark V's from the store at 1250 each.Online price is 1350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alter.e.go View Post
On the ply per se I'd say its a good budget ply, satisfactory for mediocre players like my self. I haven't used anything other than this combination (the pre assembled Butterflies not included) The Mark V is grand, I'll change the Friendship rubber in some time but its not all that bad. All in all this combination is excellent if you are a serious-casual player.
Hi All,
Got the rubbers and blade recently (Snapdeal and Flipkart respectively). Prior to this I've not myself fixed the rubber to bat (here coaches get it done and they normally do a good job). But this time I'm thinking of trying it out myself. But I'm bit confused about the glue to use. And instead of using the costly TT specific glues, I would like to try out something cheaper (Fevicol or Dendrite etc). But I'm bit worried about using the wrong glue and spoiling the rubber/blade. Any pointers would be really helpful.

PS: I've read about people using rubber cement/Tear mender/Copydex etc in US and UK but none of these are available in India. And I'm not sure which of Pidilite or Dendrite product is equivalent of these.

Regards,
Old 14th January 2014, 19:44   #40
BHPian

Can anyone suggest a preassembled TT bat for under 2k? I am mainly going to use it to play TT in my office and I am may be a intermediate level player with an attacking style.

Thanks.
Old 16th December 2014, 08:57   #41
BHPian

reddevilgautam,

You might have bought already. But you can buy preassembled bats from Butterfly. They are good for intermediate players and last longer (around 1.5-2 years).

Guys,
Anyone of you used Yasaka Extreme Speed? How is it compared to Mark V. Feedback please
Old 22nd June 2015, 16:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Reviving an Old (not Dead, I hope!) thread here.

I'm currently on the lookout for reasonably priced 3* balls. Our gang-of-four tend to run through a ball a day, or sometimes, even worse! And the regular 3* options are bleeding us presently.
We tried the best Artengo from Decathlon too, but found it high on bounce and a wee bit inconsistent, although at around 55 apiece it is quite affordable. Does anyone have any suggestions for within, say, 50-80 bucks apiece? Currently we are spending on balls in the range of 120-150 apiece.

The other question, I have, is around Rubbers. I am currently paddling Mark V's on an old Butterfly Wood. I am now itching for an upgrade, both in terms of Speed and Control. Spin, I won't care of, as much, as long as it is able to return serve adequately, since I tend to switch to faster hits, after the first return. The rubbers should at least be able to last 6 months, assuming no dings on the table etc.

Any pointers guys?

Last edited by roy_libran : 22nd June 2015 at 16:24.
Old 22nd June 2015, 21:50   #43
BHPian

@roy_libran
I might be a bit out of touch here but have you checked double happiness or nittaku. They last longer and have good bounce as well, throughout the lifespan

Reg. Bat, you can try tibhar. Last time I used them, I still remember they are super fast and give good control. Downside is the wood is bit soft. One wrong hit on the table, damage is visible
Old 23rd June 2015, 15:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Akhil - The Nittakus are over 150 bucks apiece. Double happiness I've never used, so I'll look them up.

It's rare for me to make contact with the table, so Tibhar may be an option. However, I can see many models listed; any particular one that you had in mind?
What about carbon fibre blades?
Old 23rd June 2015, 23:32   #45
BHPian

One of my friend was using donic TT balls,which I saw today. Looks good. You can check it out as well

Tibhar, I really don't know the model name but it had a orange color on the handle.

Carbon blades are altogether different experience. Its FAST. You will have hard time in learning to control your stroke play. You can decide based on this parameter if you want to use it.

What glue is used these days to stick the rubber? Comet ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks