Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2023, 13:51   #6331
BHPian

Re: Team-BHPians and their Pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasta_rider View Post
Tommy could not sit for initial few days, it is a case of partial paralysis. Everyone at home were devastated learning that he will not walk again like before. But, I wanted him to be happy atleast. This is when I learnt about the https://www.dogwheelchairsindia.com via Google search who provide wheelchairs to paralysed or injured dogs. Without any second thought, booked the same. Received the product in a week or so.
Happy to learn that there are now dog wheel chairs, this is incredibly helpful. Wish I knew this way back in 2014-15 when my pet dog Genius starting losing control over his hind legs.

You pet looks full of energy and positivity, I'm sure he will recover very very soon!
Old 6th December 2023, 13:55   #6332
BHPian

I'm sure Tommy will recover and leap back like a Hero.
Old 6th December 2023, 17:26   #6333

We have a Beagle, name Theo. In our new C5 Aircross he has travelled till Goa from Pune.

Also, he has made few trips to Mumbai, Harihareshwar, Panchgani. We make sure we book a place where pets are allowed.

He is little more cranky while going however he is very relaxed on return trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_4394.jpeg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 6th December 2023 at 17:42. Reason: spacing
Old 6th December 2023, 18:08   #6334

/Users/vinoo/Desktop/Screenshot 2023-12-06 at 6.02.47 PM.png

The picture on the left, our earlier Irish Setter, Skipper. The picture on the right, at the back our Chocolate Lab, Coco, who passed on due to old age two months ago, in the middle our Golden Retriever Toffee, who had to be put down a month ago due to advanced cancer and in the front, our only remaining pet, the Black Lab Cooper
Old 6th December 2023, 18:25   #6335
BHPian

Pl meet Copper, our handsome husky…. 2 year old now
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_0046.jpeg
Old 6th December 2023, 22:58   #6336
BHPian

Interesting thread .. here are my babies ..

Meet Pixie ( white) and Blu (Grey). Blu has been with us for about 5 years now (got her from a friend in Mumbai) and Pixie is about 3 years now (got her from a friend here).
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-20230416_134659.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20221121_150200.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20220922_142826.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20220917_134755.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-20220226_110854.jpg  

Old 8th December 2023, 10:44   #6337

This is Mouli, our 12 year old retired CISF sniffer dog whom we adopted 2 years ago.

An extraordinarily calm traveller (am guessing thats’s largely on account of her previous training), we have taken her with us to our visits to the hills and the plains. The epic, though, was the Delhi-Mumbai-Delhi road trip which she seemingly did effortlessly with us in March-April of this year.

When we brought her home, initially, she would jump into the car and lie down calmly on the floor till we stopped and asked her to come out (again, am guessing this can be attributed to her previous training). Now, as she’s ageing with arthritis creeping in, the whole of the backseat belongs to her!
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-p2.jpeg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-p1.jpeg  

Old 8th December 2023, 11:31   #6338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajorshiroy84 View Post
This is Mouli, our 12 year old retired CISF sniffer dog whom we adopted 2 years ago.
You should be proud of this adoption. In return she shall bring a lot of happiness, positivity and luck to you and your family.
Old 8th December 2023, 12:35   #6339
BHPian

Quote:
Very nice gesture, If you could please post the process on adopting the retired dogs from para-military / armed forces / police etc. I would certainly like to adopt one sometime in future.
Old 8th December 2023, 13:08   #6340
BHPian

How often does one hairy dog like Maltese need to see a groomer? I am not able to maintain Mishti's cost even after combing her daily. Knots are inevitable. So since last 3 times I have been shaving her off and doing it every 3 months. Before and After pic for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230916wa0006.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img20230916wa0004.jpg  

Last edited by VWAllstar : 8th December 2023 at 13:09.
Old 8th December 2023, 15:30   #6341

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
Very nice gesture, If you could please post the process on adopting the retired dogs from para-military / armed forces / police etc. I would certainly like to adopt one sometime in future.

In Delhi, an NGO (Friendicoes) has a tie up with some of the paramilitary forces to house these gentle souls in the Friendicoes shelter post their retirement (which usually is at 9-10 years of age) from service. Friendicoes then puts these dogs up for adoption including posting the message on social media (Facebook and Instagram). That's how we got to adopt ours. There is a mandatory house verification and signing of adoption papers, apart from frequent follow ups from the Friendoces guys post-adoption.

These dogs are extraordinarily well trained, social and loving. They might not be spring chickens but bring about a unique level of positivity and calmness in the house.

I am appending one of the Friendicoes posts on Facebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-friendicoes-.jpg  

Old 8th December 2023, 16:42   #6342
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In Delhi, an NGO (Friendicoes) has a tie up with some of the paramilitary forces to house these gentle souls in the Friendicoes shelter

I am appending one of the Friendicoes posts on Facebook.
I would additionally request members here to contribute to Friendicoes.

They are a honest, reliable service provider, and they are perpetually running short of funds to take care of animals. They even take contributions in the form of old newspapers to use for lining, for heaven's sake. Especially in winters.
And they have all kinds of animals to take care of, even horses.

So head over, and do whatever you can.

No association with friendicoes, just another contributor.
Old 8th December 2023, 20:13   #6343
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveendagar View Post
Pl meet Copper, our handsome husky…. 2 year old now
Very handsome boy indeed. How does he cope with our hot summers? I guess north indian summers will be a little more manageable since the humidity is less.
Old 10th December 2023, 12:02   #6344
BHPian

An excellent thread!

My GF (now Wife), rescued these little fur babies from her building. First with the orange handsome boy, Frappe who's now 8 years old. And, thereafter his sister Bourbon who is about 7 and a half years old. At one point their stray mother cat came into their house on the 11th floor by herself to deliver another set of kittens who all got adopted.

After marriage we got them to stay with us, and immediately became best of friends.

Frappe, always curious and mischievous. Loves to try and explore into the neighbours flat.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_2072.jpg

Bourbon, full of love albeit shy lil panther who has scratched the hell out of my sofa
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_5323.jpg

Sun bathing
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_5794.jpg
Old 10th December 2023, 18:04   #6345

Hello everyone, my name is Sanidhya. I'm a 13 year old residing in Jharkhand. I have been member of this forum for almost a year now . Sorry, for not having an active participation for the same .

Attaching some pictures of our pet dog,Titan. The following were clicked when he was still a puppy.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20231210_180024.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20231210_175325.jpg

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20220304_091714.jpg
Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks