Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2011, 20:09   #11251
Senior - BHPian

re: Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Will not ask who are thou dear BHPian, but shall ask, did someone see this same thing in Bangalore?
Attachment 578963
hmm.. haven't seen this one yet on on our roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Is this the message we want to send out to the public about our community ?

I strongly urge this person to please remove the sticker before indulging in such hooliganism on the road. This is not what Team BHP stands for.

Who is the maniac in our community ?
unfortunately, the stickers are available for the general public to purchase of the Team-BHP Store and many people have done just that. there is a chance this may not be a BHPian at all, but again it is speculation.
Old 18th July 2011, 20:22   #11252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilMonSter View Post
Are you sure it was dark blue?
Maybe it was black. My eyes may well be showing signs of ageing! It seemed to have very bright headlamps though, maybe HIDs. I overtook you in a white Scorpio (just managed to squeeze past), on the stretch between the Deer Park & the 3-point crossing.
Old 18th July 2011, 21:18   #11253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
@ Vivek.ks, This is the third spotting of this Ikon.
Milestone and I have spotted this Ikon earlier and still this BHPian (Now I have my own doubts if he really is a BHPian) has not responded yet.
^ Same feelings here, maybe the person is TBHP enthusiast and not a member on the forum.

Cheers !!!
Old 18th July 2011, 21:37   #11254
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Posted this on another thread, need help in spotting a stupid Team BHPian !

Saw a disturbing sight on the road today evening while returning from office.

A black Volkswagen Vento, with the Team BHP LTD and the "redlining the Indian automotive scene" sticker, drove rashly alongside the wrong side of the road after Wipro circle Phase 2 (which is a divided road FYI), he was honking incessantly, and cut across me at speed while re-entering the road without any consideration at all.

The number plate of this car is MH 12 G* 3108. Didnt get a picture of the offending driver as my mobile was inside my pocket and by the time it was out, this idiot had already sped off cutting across another couple of cars. Is this the message we want to send out to the public about our community ?

I strongly urge this person to please remove the sticker before indulging in such hooliganism on the road. This is not what Team BHP stands for.

Who is the maniac in our community ?
I know the Vento you are speaking about - have seen it once or twice on the same route (Hinjewadi - Aundh)
You might want to check with @ambivalent_98, based on the below post
TBHP Post
Quote:
Quote:
Black Vento, MH xx xx 3108 spotted at around 8:00 a.m. at Autolines, Pune, this morning. I was just pulling out after filling petrol in my car, when I spotted the stickers on the car. I stopped ahead and got out of the car but the person was ready to drive out already. Since I was already late to catch my office bus, I got back into the car and drove away. The Vento looked beautiful.
Hey Biju, that was me. Finally, someone spotted me. Thanks for the compliments
But as @IronH4WK & others mentioned, there might be some specific urgent reason or might be a similar car but a different person. Suggest you pm him and clear the issue.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 21:57   #11255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
But as @IronH4WK & others mentioned, there might be some specific urgent reason or might be a similar car but a different person. Suggest you pm him and clear the issue.
Irrespective of what the emergency is, driving on the wrong side of the road is still a traffic offense and that too at high speed not only makes it dangerous to his life but also to others .
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 22:17   #11256
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Irrespective of what the emergency is, driving on the wrong side of the road is still a traffic offense and that too at high speed not only makes it dangerous to his life but also to others .
Whoa! I ain't defending this fella. Just that a public spat on TBhp is not a good thing - better it gets taken care on PMs or offline mode.

I drive a bike on those same roads, and even I don't go on the wrong side.

But if he's the person in discussion, then I hope he improves his driving habits atleast (after going through these posts).
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 22:26   #11257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whoa! I ain't defending this fella. Just that a public spat on TBhp is not a good thing - better it gets taken care on PMs or offline mode.

But if he's the person in discussion, then I hope he improves his driving habits atleast (after going through these posts).
No offense meant bro, I just stated a fact, I didn't mean or say that you were defending him.

Driving on the wrong side of the road has become a fashion off late, it in incomprehensible to me , how they enter the lane with vehicles coming at you head on. The situation is pathetic in the Hadapsar - Kharadi bypass, you will find bikers coming at you in the opposite direction in the right most lane, I even wrote on Pune Traffic Police page on Facebook, no action has been taken so far.

Last edited by F150 : 18th July 2011 at 22:32.
Old 19th July 2011, 01:24   #11258
BHPian

Re: Black Vento, Pune, MH xx xx 3108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Hey Biju, that was me. Finally, someone spotted me.

Guys,
I'm sure Ambivalent must have been in some sort of an emergency.

@ Ambi: Right mate?

Talking about driving on the wrong side of the road - have u guys noticed the number & variety of vehicles that scare the living daylights out of you, specially if you are speeding on a highway?
e.g.
1. Katraj - Bangalore Highway : post Khed Shivapur till Shirval
2. Mumbai - Bangalore bypass: post Sus Road Junction till Praj Industries Junction
3. Solapur Highway: everywhere!

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 19th July 2011 at 01:37. Reason: few more points
Old 19th July 2011, 09:25   #11259
BHPian

Saw the black santro y'day in the basement of Bangalore central mall at JP Nagar at 9pm. Who are you?

Saw the maroon alto in the basement 2 of kalyani magnum today morning. Who are you mate and i too work in the same premises.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img00079201107182037.jpg  

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-img00080201107190841.jpg  

Last edited by sumathindra : 19th July 2011 at 09:29. Reason: edits
Old 19th July 2011, 10:40   #11260
BHPian

Quote:
I know the Vento you are speaking about - have seen it once or twice on the same route (Hinjewadi - Aundh)
You might want to check with @ambivalent_98, based on the below post
TBHP Post

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
No offense meant bro, I just stated a fact, I didn't mean or say that you were defending him.

Driving on the wrong side of the road has become a fashion off late, it in incomprehensible to me , how they enter the lane with vehicles coming at you head on. The situation is pathetic in the Hadapsar - Kharadi bypass, you will find bikers coming at you in the opposite direction in the right most lane, I even wrote on Pune Traffic Police page on Facebook, no action has been taken so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Guys,
I'm sure Ambivalent must have been in some sort of an emergency.

@ Ambi: Right mate?

Talking about driving on the wrong side of the road - have u guys noticed the number & variety of vehicles that scare the living daylights out of you, specially if you are speeding on a highway?
e.g.
1. Katraj - Bangalore Highway : post Khed Shivapur till Shirval
2. Mumbai - Bangalore bypass: post Sus Road Junction till Praj Industries Junction
3. Solapur Highway: everywhere!
Yes gentlemen it was me. I had to rush home for some very urgent personal work. So I took the devil's alternative. I agree it was dangerous and thank the members for pointing it out.
However I strongly object to being called "An idiot" and I do hope moderators take a look at this. I am really disturbed to see the anger seething in members and the negative sentiments being displayed. If you have to write in strong words PM me and lets take this offline. Not on a public forum where you show your negative thoughts and words and damage your own image in front of the other members.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 10:54   #11261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Koramangala Sony World signal:
Whoa! Dont know how you managed that IronH4WK!! Yes..that is me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
That blue punto must belong to Phrozenfire.
We had exchanged pleasantaries on 6th april 2011 and posted it here.
Below is the photo I had clicked then, but hadn't posted.
Attachment 577394
Thanks for the confirmation Hemanth!
Old 19th July 2011, 11:00   #11262
BHPian

^^^ Good of you to own up. Remember, you are putting others at risk when undertaking such actions - wrong side driving as well as cutting in close - though you might have personal reasons for the emergency.

Not taking any sides re. the language used, but I believe there is no point in taking the discussion any further on that!
Old 19th July 2011, 11:02   #11263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Yes gentlemen it was me. I had to rush home for some very urgent personal work. So I took the devil's alternative. I agree it was dangerous and thank the members for pointing it out.
However I strongly object to being called "An idiot" and I do hope moderators take a look at this. I am really disturbed to see the anger seething in members and the negative sentiments being displayed. If you have to write in strong words PM me and lets take this offline. Not on a public forum where you show your negative thoughts and words and damage your own image in front of the other members.
Well I consider people who drive on the wrong side as idiots. Anyways since you seem to have had a genuine reason for it, apologies from my side.

I hope you're not surprised to see people getting angry because you are blatantly breaking rules.

Last edited by PuntoMania : 19th July 2011 at 11:04.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:12   #11264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Maybe it was black. My eyes may well be showing signs of ageing! It seemed to have very bright headlamps though, maybe HIDs. I overtook you in a white Scorpio (just managed to squeeze past), on the stretch between the Deer Park & the 3-point crossing.
Yeah, pretty sure it was me. the headlamps are on their way out though. looking for a projector upgrade. Thanks for the spotting.

Cheers.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:23   #11265
Senior - BHPian

Talking about wrong side driving- I have this Figo with a few T-BHP stickers on it. The other day I had to drive to the not so familiar part of the town and when doing so, I accidentally happened to enter a no entry and realized so the moment I did. Luckily enough I could pull and was about to turn and when a police woman knocked at my window.

She: You need to pay the fine.
Me: Fine!
She: 100 Rs.
Me: Give me the challan.
She: You need to go to police station.
Me: I donno how to go to my home from here, how can I go to a police station?
She: Then pay me the fine, I will cut the challan later.
Me: No I will wait for the challan. Or I can give you a lift until the police station if you like.
She:
Me:
She then called someone spoke in fluent Marathi and asked me to leave.
Me: See madam, I broke a rule, I am feeling very bad about it, please cut my challan lest I can't sleep to night (I actually said so)
She: Now please leave I have got other things to do.

So I left w/o paying the fine All of this in five minutes. I genuinely wanted to pay the fine though!
anilisanil is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks