Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2006, 21:48   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayblaze
Hey thanks . Yea trust me its just great. But until I actually owned and rode one I didn't believe what a lot of people said about owning a bike here. Its scary initially and risky always to ride on the highways and many times else where too mainly due to SUV's and trailers. The never see you and the wind they displace, displaces you off the road anyway, about insurance I had a nightmare too initially it was 2grand for a year comprehensive, then after 6 months I got liability and then a miracle happened. I came across State-Farm Insurance. They're a boon to bikers. It costs me lesser to comprehensively insure my bike with state-farm than minimal liability insurance with Geico. It costs 400$ for 6months with State-Farm. They make you take 12months min. though and if you're new with them then or have not owned a car for more than 2 years then you need to insure your car with them too but who cares, its so cheap. I almost fell in love with that aunty who gave me the quote. Tears rolled down my eyes, the world was once again a beautiful place .... okk thats enuf of bs from me .
I enquired with all major insurance guys like Geico, Progressive bla bla about a brand new Suzuki GSX1000R, K6 and they all quoted me 6000USD for a year comprehensive for a bike that costs 11K. ***....
I look forward to owning the GSX next year only because State Farm.
p.s. dam this is a state-farm advert. LOL
You definitely should own one, if you want to convince your wife about the motorcycle, my serious suggestion is that you rent a cruiser one day and take your wife for a spin on the bike on a lone country road one-day. She'll enjoy the ride definitely and then you can buy watever you want, cruiser sports bike or whatever. Dam, this reply has become like a big essay. :P anyway I love that corvette man, and even more the G35, was wondering if its 6-spd manual ?
Looking forward to the US meet at indy.

Hmm thats very interesting..

because of the suspension which was due to 3 speeding tickets in a matter of a weekend long long time ago i pay about 1600$ for 6 months full (min state levele coverage) on the 2 cars..

man on the G35..it was love at first sight, it was up on the dealer lot on a platform where they keep their most desirable car, its a 2003, so no mannual, they didnt have one then and i had to have the car..today i saw my wife leave with it and boy it just looked stunning and btw i was standin next to the vette...but vette is just an awesome awesome car too(just like JC says, its far better than most ppl think), words cant describe what you get(you give up on very little too as compared to a porsche)..oh well now until my next target

Last edited by 1Day : 28th March 2006 at 21:50.
Old 29th March 2006, 20:24   #77
BHPian

finally got a pic of me with my baby!!
Old 3rd April 2006, 08:00   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya
Edmund, dude, judging by the car you drive, I thought you were a balding guy with huge spectacles in his late thirties.

Hahaha!! Yes yes yes!

Thats what i pictured too! donno why!?

And want to hear something even funnier - for some reason i thought starmour was your mechanic!

cya
R
Old 3rd April 2006, 11:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

yah yah, tahts me! teh one those gals are eyeing at!

@nottinghill carnival
Old 3rd April 2006, 14:43   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Hahaha!! Yes yes yes!

Thats what i pictured too! donno why!?

And want to hear something even funnier - for some reason i thought starmour was your mechanic!

cya
R
Ok, ok, ok laugh it off people...........cuz i'm 21, yes, 21 not 38...... hahahahah....... thank god i posted a pic or else you'll woulda never figured out!!!!

R, it's stararmour [star+armour] not starmour!!!!
Cheers!!~
Old 3rd April 2006, 15:04   #81
Senior - BHPian

Thats me

Cheers

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd April 2006 at 15:21.
Old 3rd April 2006, 15:33   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
yah yah, tahts me! teh one those gals are eyeing at!
Nice one, jkdas.
BTW guys, does it not look more like the gals wondering where from this flash of brown came in a sea of white ? Just kidding, buddy. As they say in the movie H'bad blues, "Dil pe mat le yaar, ........". Can't complete that dialog due to obvious reasons.
Old 3rd April 2006, 19:16   #83
Senior - BHPian

haha...Dippy's sense of fashion seems to depend on the colour of a Ferrari that he happens to stop by the roadside?
Old 4th April 2006, 13:06   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Nice one, jkdas.
BTW guys, does it not look more like the gals wondering where from this flash of brown came in a sea of white ? Just kidding, buddy. As they say in the movie H'bad blues, "Dil pe mat le yaar, ........". Can't complete that dialog due to obvious reasons.
ha! you are wrong We Inds are the preferred brand thanks to KS and sort I envy blacks sometimes :(

Canary Wharf,London ; Intl. Motor Show 2003

Last edited by jkdas : 4th April 2006 at 13:13.
Old 4th April 2006, 13:57   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
We Inds are the preferred brand thanks to KS and sort I envy blacks sometimes :(
Are we ? If so, that sounds like great news.
But from what I saw during my brief visits and as per my friends in the West the pecking order in decreasing preference is something like black / white, yellow and finally brown.
Your statement about "envying blacks" itself makes it clear.
Old 4th April 2006, 23:28   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

here i am ......................
Old 4th April 2006, 23:40   #87
BHPian

ok..here are my pics with my pets..
Old 4th April 2006, 23:58   #88

Dude wht a sexy suzuki bike man lol it really looks good !!!! better is the colour should be red and white...

Last edited by Aditya : 5th April 2006 at 01:03.
Old 11th October 2006, 04:12   #89
elf
BANNED

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... The Jack Rabbit Slims contest!

Hello boys,

.......DELETED.......

.....DELETED.......

Yes I know, white shirt again... whattado? Spend all my money ensuring at least three cylinders fire every once in a while.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by Samurai : 11th October 2006 at 09:36.
Old 11th October 2006, 06:46   #90
BHPian

This is me at Luxembourg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks