Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 14:22   #16
BHPian

Re: An Half Page Ad from an Individual (Retired Govt. Servant) in the Indian Express

This was hilarious!
BUT - i really admire someone spending money to do something he is bothered about. Well, if only our polititians are half as dedicated....
Old 25th November 2011, 14:37   #17
BHPian

Re: An Half Page Ad from an Individual (Retired Govt. Servant) in the Indian Express

Made my day! 'Blood molecules'?

Doesn't he know that it's wattage (and not voltage) that is used to measure power used? Readers for sure are having a great time .
Old 25th November 2011, 14:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Search on YT - there was another such ex-bureaucrat who gave an interview to a popular vernacular new channel in north India. Put his foot firmly in his mouth when he expounded his views on software, UDAAI (he doesn't believe it will work or that it will be safe, accurate or reliable), Cloud Computing etc. According to him, in Cloud Computing, one loads data by "cloud seeding" (he accurately described the process of aircraft flying into the sky and dropping / spraying the data)! His worry was that the data will be lost when it rains finally.
That Genius was a former IT Commissioner and we laughed our rears out here in office. For the 2 minutes he spoke about Cloud Seeding I wonder how the reporter sat there interviewing him with a straight face .

Here is the video :
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 14:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Oy, did you expect the interviewer to be more knowledgeable than him about Cloud Computing? I am sure it wouldn't have occurred to him at all that some thing is not right when the gentleman talked about cloud seeding.
Old 25th November 2011, 15:53   #20
Mik
BHPian

I wont be surprised if this particular news clipping makes its way to the internet forward mails doing the rounds in IT companies. When our national anthem can be the best in the world, the japanese army can miraculously change into indian army in sikkim flood relief and anything and everything in this country can be blamed on the central government, this is just fine
Old 25th November 2011, 20:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

Guys, wait, this is not all. There was another half page ad in the same day's paper on the 3rd page which i saw just now, how stupid of me !!! I will snap it tomorrow and post it here, just wait with bated breath till then. 2 half page ads in the 1st and 3rd pages ???? Now the madness just doubles.
Old 25th November 2011, 20:32   #22

Well, no doubt he has to get his basics right. Just wondering how Mr.Tiruvalluvar foresaw the global warming issues, reportedly two thousands years back (he is supposedly from B.C. age) and provided solution in a couple of lines. I am not discounting this poet's acumen, but this sounds like mayan calendar types.. Highlight is the request to government for airing 80 episodes.. will be killing competitor to Crorepati ;-)
Old 25th November 2011, 20:39   #23
BHPian

One good reason for 110V is safety of human beings in contact with the outlet.

Thus inspite of higher transmission losses and the resulting requirement of higher grade/guage of transmission wire, most US households (not all) are on 110V.

At 230V the risk of severe injury or death increases by a factor of four (current is proportional to square of voltage, and it is when current passes through our body that we get a shock). This is why Euro plugs are grounded at the outlet and the ground prong makes contact first. Safety and health above all.

And this man is stark raving mad and has no actual knowledge. 110V for trains???? It is the voltage at the outlet inside the compartment, but the overhead line runs at thousands of volts. He is just one in the line of delusional 'half-scientists' who seem to make tremendous leaps of logic and faith, transcending all logical deduction.

Newton 'discovered' gravity because he was working on elemental physics. The apple was the spark (apparently, for the second time in human history, the first being in some garden), not the discovery itself.

A ceiling fan needs 2.5V? Two AA batteries should be enough to turn it once then.

This man was in the customs department. If you have ever ordered something that required assessment and seen their annotations on your shipment and the resulting charges, you would not be so incredulous at this man's insanity.
Old 25th November 2011, 21:47   #24
BHPian

Why are we even bothering to dissect his "science ". Poor chap needs treatment . And soon.
Old 25th November 2011, 23:29   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I will snap it tomorrow and post it here, just wait with bated breath till then.
Yes please.. Or, do we need to move this to the Joke thread?

Last edited by dhanushs : 25th November 2011 at 23:45.
Old 26th November 2011, 00:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Yes please.. Or, do we need to move this to the Joke thread?

Please wait fellas, this thread is not dead by any means. My phone cam will not take clear pictures in dim light, it requires normal bright daylight. I will take the pics and put them up tomorrow.
Old 26th November 2011, 02:18   #27
BHPian

"scientist do not know how it rains"
yes and they also do not know what is rain or how to spell rain !
duh!
Zamana yahan hai - Cloud seeding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or ye yahan hain "scientist do not know how it rains"
Old 26th November 2011, 20:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Please wait fellas, this thread is not dead by any means. My phone cam will not take clear pictures in dim light, it requires normal bright daylight. I will take the pics and put them up tomorrow.
As promised, here is another half page ad in the same paper on the 3rd page, thank god, he did not do a VW.

An Half Page Ad from an Individual (Retired Govt. Servant) in the Indian Express-26112011077.jpg

An Half Page Ad from an Individual (Retired Govt. Servant) in the Indian Express-26112011076.jpg

Last edited by esteem_lover : 26th November 2011 at 20:52.
Old 27th November 2011, 09:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

whohahaha!!!!!

subhah subhah maja aa gaya!!!

Thanks esteem lover, if you find anything similar in future, keep posted, god will bless you for making our day.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 27th November 2011 at 10:00.
Old 27th November 2011, 22:19   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
whohahaha!!!!!

subhah subhah maja aa gaya!!!

Thanks esteem lover, if you find anything similar in future, keep posted, god will bless you for making our day.
You got to thank Mr.Krishnamoorthy for spending a few lakhs in keeping us entertained.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks