Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 19:12   #3856
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Mutual Funds Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
In this method , is it advisable to transfer large amount like 10L in one shot into the chosen liquid fund ? And then execute STP if needed or just leave the amount there ? Can you suggest any liquid fund ?

I have couple of SIPs running for sometime now so I am kind of comfortable with that. But for a large amount in my Saving account that I want to take out and put somewhere safe for better returns, liquidity and tax friendly, and I am not able to decide what's the best method to do this.
Yes. It is completely fine to transfer a large amount into the liquid fund and either leave it there or execute an STP. Choose any liquid fund from any of the major fund houses. They will be fie. Also, you will be able to do an STP only within funds of the same fund house. So, if you decide to invest in different equity funds in different fund houses, you will have to split your investment into liquid funds of the corresponding fund houses.

Liquid funds definitely have good liquidity (redemptions happen the next business day) and offer better returns than a bank account. But LTCG and STCG taxes would apply for redemptions.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 20:10   #3857
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone used "tdameritrade" or "charles schwab" to invest in ETF / select stocks from US? Any opinions or things to know about which one to use? knowledge about tax implications while using these are also welcome.

PS: I am wholly in India and taxed within the Indian system.
Old 30th June 2021, 23:15   #3858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Liquid funds definitely have good liquidity (redemptions happen the next business day) and offer better returns than a bank account
Liquid funds used to deliver slightly better returns than bank FDs. But recently liquid fund returns seem to have gone below that of FDs. For example, ICICI bank is ready give 5.5% interest in one year FD. But last 1 year return of ICICI Prudential Liquid Fund is only around 3.3%. Same is the story for other liquid funds. Does it makes sense in that scenario to put money in Liquid funds?
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 00:07   #3859
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Has anyone used "tdameritrade" or "charles schwab" to invest in ETF / select stocks from US? Any opinions or things to know about which one to use? knowledge about tax implications while using these are also welcome.PS: I am wholly in India and taxed within the Indian system.
It takes 5 minutes to open an account at an US brokerage called Drivewealth through an Indian intermediary like Stockal, Groww, Indmoney or Vested. I recently opened an account at www.vested.co.in.

However, I have not made a trade yet. Because:

- US stocks are as overvalued as Indian stocks, if not more.
- Everytime we make a transfer or withdrawal, there is a charge of Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 1,500 processing fee and 1 - 2% FX conversion charges

Eventhough the brokerage is zero, the second part is quite a deal breaker. What this means is that we lose anywhere between 2% to 4% even before we start investing.
SmartCat is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 13:48   #3860
Senior - BHPian

Is there any app to track all MFs at one place? I invest from individual AMC websites (Axis,SBI,HDFC , Motilal oswal). Downloaded Cams and Kfintech apps but they just show limited funds. Kfintech for example shows only axis and Motilal oswal funds and cams shows sbi,hdfc, l&t,icici. Tried with ET money & paytm money but it asks me to upload Kfintech statement which again is limited to only 2 fund houses if my portfolio.

Appreciate some pointers. TIA

Last edited by SoumenD : 4th July 2021 at 13:49.
Old 4th July 2021, 13:58   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Is there any app to track all MFs at one place? I invest from individual AMC websites (Axis,SBI,HDFC , Motilal oswal). Downloaded Cams and Kfintech apps but they just show limited funds. Kfintech for example shows only axis and Motilal oswal funds and cams shows sbi,hdfc, l&t,icici. Tried with ET money & paytm money but it asks me to upload Kfintech statement which again is limited to only 2 fund houses if my portfolio.

You can add your investments to valueresearch.com and see consolidated growth/loss. Will take some time to add investment amounts and SIP cadence but extremely useful to track not just MFs but everything else like equity/PPF/ some fixed income like rent.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 14:11   #3862
BANNED

Quote:
Is there any app to track all MFs at one place? I invest from individual AMC websites (Axis,SBI,HDFC , Motilal oswal).
I am in same boat as you. I use a combo of Cred and Kuvera to track all. Only pitfall is that one need to import their holding via CAMS statement once in a month post execution of all SIP.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 14:18   #3863
BHPian

Quote:

Mf utility is the best. Both for tracking as well as investing. Their goMF app is pretty good and they also have specialized sip options called spp which offers a bit more flexibility.
anandhsub is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 10:17   #3864
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone used MFUtility to start a SPP (systematic purchase plan)? I had initiated a transaction with start date as today. Got a message today asking to complete the payment. Isn't the payment supposed to be done automatically by debit to the linked bank account?

Thanks in advance for the pointers.
Old 6th July 2021, 10:43   #3865
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone used MFUtility to start a SPP (systematic purchase plan)? I had initiated a transaction with start date as today. Got a message today asking to complete the payment. Isn't the payment supposed to be done automatically by debit to the linked bank account?

I guess you need to setup a bill desk for MFUtility to authorize the bank to transfer funds to MFUtility

BTW, Is SPP different compared to SIP?
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 10:47   #3866
BHPian

Quote:

you need to setup recurring auto transfer in MFutility virtual account
JustStarted is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 10:56   #3867
BHPian

Quote:

SPP is more of an App feature which acts as a scheduled lumpsum order rather than a automatic sip agreement with the mutual fund. I guess that's how they are able to offer the higher flexibility. I don't think they are listed as a biller hence no auto debit setup with the bank.

I am not sure whether the Payeez facility will help with auto debit. Never used it.

I have set it up with UPI, so it becomes a two click process to pay once the order is executed on the app.
anandhsub is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 10:57   #3868
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I guess you need to setup a bill desk for MFUtility to authorize the bank to transfer funds to MFUtility

BTW, Is SPP different compared to SIP?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
you need to setup recurring auto transfer in MFutility virtual account
Thank you for the response. I will check the ePayEz settings if bank is registered for auto debit. Also, I will use the SIP which seems to be a simpler option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
SPP is more of an App feature which acts as a scheduled lumpsum order rather than a automatic sip agreement with the mutual fund. I guess that's how they are able to offer the higher flexibility. I don't think they are listed as a biller hence no auto debit setup with the bank.

I am not sure whether the Payeez facility will help with auto debit. Never used it.

I have set it up with UPI, so it becomes a two click process to pay once the order is executed on the app.
Thank you. You are right. SPP looks like a flexible manual investment option than the regular SIP which auto debits. I will cancel the SPP and opt for SIP.

Last edited by graaja : 6th July 2021 at 10:58.
Old 6th July 2021, 10:59   #3869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I use Moneycontrol. You need to do a one time exercise of uploading the funds you have invested with orignal dates, units purchased. Post that, it shows all funds at the same place wiht updated values. Even SIPs can be programmed for predetermined fund names, amounts and dates.
hrman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 16:02   #3870
BHPian

Quote:

I use Kuvera and valuereasearchonline. Since i invest through Kuvera i dont have to update seperately after the initial upload using CAMS statement from 1/1/1990, request is automatically generated byKuvera on a click of button.
alexgv is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks