Team-BHP - Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/100944-team-bhp-app-your-android-phone-tablet-6.html)

Waddewah!!! Been waiting for a mobile module for Team-BHP. Atlast it is available, and how? Simply great. Mods at Team-BHP, take a bow!

Looks nifty.

Having an odd problem. It is not accepting my password. I changed the password, and is not accepting the new one either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2348007)
Looks nifty.

Having an odd problem. It is not accepting my password. I changed the password, and is not accepting the new one either.

maybe the auto upper case for first letter thing for phones?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackasta (Post 2348086)
maybe the auto upper case for first letter thing for phones?

No. I have my system with Password view - so shows what you have typed for a few seconds. Changed the password, still no joy, now changed back. three attempts are over! Will allow another two only.

Great News! Thanks again..

Small suggestion..

When a link is clicked, the app masks the contents and shows a "Contacting Remote Site" message. Kind of intrusive and spoils the experience.

Why dont we put that rotating dial image on some place non-intrusive? may be we can avoid the whole pop-up itself and make is more browser like, showing in the bottom part without masking the contents. Check the mock below :

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-tbhp2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknicsand
Posting from my Nexus one. Great work!!

One observation... the red color looks a bit too strong.

great great great
posting my first comment from my tab (may be just to check)

Mods pls change the color scheme to the default black one (we use at laptops etc.)

Good Job Done.

aaha, this app is really addictive. : D

A humble suggestion from my side.

Please integrate the 'thanks' button during the next update.

After opening a snap posted on a thread, you are unable to pinch & zoom into the picture . Am i missing something here, or is it something which can be added to the app?

And can we edit our profile through the app?

The Team-BHP App has been downloaded over 1,000 times (Android & Apple combined) :)

What's more, within 24 hours of release, the Team-BHP App made it to the iTunes Top 10 Chart (Free Apps) under the "Social" category, and No.1 on the "New & Noteworthy" list.

Check these screengrabs out:

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-1.png

Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet-2.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2347719)
Because pressing the home button will still keep the app running in the background.

True - but Android is now pretty smart with this stuff (unlike in pre-2.1 versions) and the auto-task killing etc is good, so it shouldn't be a major concern.

Quote:

Originally Posted by teknicsand (Post 2347912)
One observation... the red color looks a bit too strong.

We might be fine tuning it slightly - but it will still be red! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgiitk (Post 2348182)
Changed the password, still no joy, now changed back. three attempts are over! Will allow another two only.

Pardon my stupid questions, but :
- Are you sure you're entering your forum ID (and not your FULL email address)?
- Are you sure you're entering the correct forum ID ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshsundaram (Post 2348604)
When a link is clicked, the app masks the contents and shows a "Contacting Remote Site" message. Kind of intrusive and spoils the experience.

Nice suggestion.
Normally_Crazy had even suggested that it says "Contacting Team-BHP" instead of "Contacting Remote Site", for a more personal touch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kap04 (Post 2348843)
After opening a snap posted on a thread, you are unable to pinch & zoom into the picture.

Pinch to zoom is not currently available. Perhaps in the near future...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klub Class (Post 2348812)
Please integrate the 'thanks' button during the next update.

Noted. Thanks!

cya
R

Okay, I might just be missing something but looks like multi quote is not available on the app?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
True - but Android is now pretty smart with this stuff (unlike in pre-2.1 versions) and the auto-task killing etc is good, so it shouldn't be a major concern.
R

Okay!!I don't have auto task kill app installed as my experience was that it drained the battery.
It's the same difference as between a MT and a AT, and I wanted to change the gears myself.hehe..!!
No issues,will find a way around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2348878)
Okay, I might just be missing something but looks like multi quote is not available on the app?

Strange. It was working fine earlier. Will look into this!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordmanchau (Post 2348878)
Okay,got it, its like drivjng

Not entirely sure what this means, but perhaps :)

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
Strange. It was working fine earlier. Will look into this!

I am not sure how to multi quote,so if you can just guide me, it would be wonderful.

^^edited the previous post. By mistake pressed the SEND button while selecting a word from the suggestions.

Mods: Please consider a Team-BHP app for Windows Phone too. Though the number may not be as great as android, its still a considerable chunk. I , for one, have been using (only) Windows mobile since the last 7 years.