Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2012, 23:48   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your Android Phone & Tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
+ 1 to the tapatalk suggestion.

The current app is quite useless over 2G data. Here is why. Like a website, it refreshes everytime u see a link n come back to list of subscribed threads. Over 2G that slows down the app so much, I hardly used it on the move unless compelled. Tapatalk doesn't auto refresh atleast on my handset.

It should have an option to auto update the list of subscriptions or not.
Just wished to re-raise the point.

Its torturous/unusable over the pathetic airtel 2G (even the 1.3.13), whereas my tapatalk subscribed forums are perfectly usable - even in a train moving at 80-90 kph.

I mean, its a great way to get more usage (readers / posts) - why not try it out?
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2012, 23:19   #377
BHPian

Images are a taking some time to load. On a Vodafone 3G connection which is quite fast... Anyone else facing this problem?
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:12   #378
Senior - BHPian

@phamilyman, it works perfectly well in my Docomo 2G, maybe you should try a different operator and see the results.
Old 3rd July 2012, 21:45   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
@phamilyman, it works perfectly well in my Docomo 2G, maybe you should try a different operator and see the results.
Perfect, so let us all ditch our respective operators just so that one app can work!

It illustrates a failing of the setup - plain and simple. Tapatalk works perfectly even with XDA sized forums. I can't change my operator for TBHP on the go. Not yet
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 22:38   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Perfect, so let us all ditch our respective operators just so that one app can work!

It illustrates a failing of the setup - plain and simple. Tapatalk works perfectly even with XDA sized forums. I can't change my operator for TBHP on the go. Not yet

tapatapatap is very new to me (hope you pardon my ignorance) , so I just googled it and found that it is something (a forum app ?) that users like you enjoy and PAID for it because without paying for it, you cannot reply to any posts (that's what i read) and hence asking for this forum to download their yabadabadoo (plugin). Again I am not smart, hence . At least Team-BHP is FREE so far, no charges for viewing or posting, right ? No offence meant sir, just my understanding, you are free to correct.

No one asked you to change your operator for one app, I only suggested you to try with another operator's 2g services because of my experiences. Why this Kolaveri on me ?
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 23:05   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover

tapatapatap is very new to me (hope you pardon my ignorance) , so I just googled it and found that it is something (a forum app ?)
=====
No one asked you to change your operator for one app, I only suggested you to try with another operator's 2g services because of my experiences. Why this Kolaveri on me ?
Pardon me Sir, but tapatalk is totally free. You can pay to get rid of the ads.
Old 4th July 2012, 00:35   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani

But the Android Market has got only the paid app. 164.56 rs. I just checked. Hope this is the app you all are talking about. And different themes cost the same. Many other car ownership forums like Cadillac, Mercedes and jalopnik have their own apps which are free. Paying for tapatalk from which none of the money goes to tbhp is probably not worth it especially as a bunch of people want support for that.
Yes the images tend to take longer than usual to load and sometimes dont load at all. For those pages where i want to view the images i open them in browser and that works flawlessly.

Name:  ForumRunner_20120704_002852.png
Views: 384
Size:  188.0 KB

Cheers.
Parthasarathig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 01:37   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
An oxymoron in today's world. If there are going to be annoying ads occupying my small screen (even a 7 inch tab), it is not worth it.
Old 4th July 2012, 01:48   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig

But the Android Market has got only the paid app. 164.56 rs. I just checked. Hope this is the app you all are talking about. And different themes cost the same. Many other car ownership forums like Cadillac, Mercedes and jalopnik have their own apps which are free. Paying for tapatalk from which none of the money goes to tbhp is probably not worth it especially as a bunch of people want support for that.
Yes the images tend to take longer than usual to load and sometimes dont load at all. For those pages where i want to view the images i open them in browser and that works flawlessly.

Cheers.
Esteem lover too:

Ads are found in the Forum Runner based Team BHP app too.

What I meant is that the Tapatalk based XDA app comes in free as well as paid versions.
Old 4th July 2012, 09:44   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
tapatapatap is very new to me (hope you pardon my ignorance) , so I just googled it and found that it is something (a forum app ?) that users like you enjoy and PAID for it because without paying for it, you cannot reply to any posts (that's what i read) and hence asking for this forum to download their yabadabadoo (plugin). Again I am not smart, hence . At least Team-BHP is FREE so far, no charges for viewing or posting, right ? No offence meant sir, just my understanding, you are free to correct.

Ah, it was my frustration on this topic coupled with your irrelevant suggestion (since my 2G works quite acceptably otherwise). I have used the free version of tapatalk in the past and you could do everything but with ads - don't know what's there in the current ad supported version. And you have missed the basic point - We are NOT asking mods to shut down the Forum Runner support - but open up a new avenue. And FWIW sirjee, as for ads/paid apps, TBHP would have paid a decent amount to Forum Runner to license their application and skin it for TBHP. So someone always pays. TANSTAAFL anyways.I don't want them to waste it either.

Quote:
An oxymoron in today's world. If there are going to be annoying ads occupying my small screen (even a 7 inch tab), it is not worth it.
Sir, someone has to pay for someone's hard work - the developers, your or mine! That aside, you can always block these ads *wink*

Last edited by phamilyman : 4th July 2012 at 10:03.
Old 26th July 2012, 14:58   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Sir is it possible to have an all black and red theme on the mobile app too? Ive been observing for quite a few days, that my battery consumption is quite a lot when using the app or any webpage with white background. I request kindly if it is possible to have an inverse theme as opposed to the current one so that users with SuperAmoled screens can utilise that and save more battery. For normal lcd screens users can opt for the current one. Im providing an attachment with my battery usage.

Attachment 941358

I second this. But it may not be an easy job like in the Mobile website. If the theme is dark, it would be great.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:09   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny

I second this. But it may not be an easy job like in the Mobile website. If the theme is dark, it would be great.
After so many days i think this is the first post supporting my comment. Many users dont realise that but the black theme will actually be beneficial for everyone using the AMOLED displays that use most energy when displaying white. Would appreciate it all the more even if the editing window could be made all black and text only white.

I used to enable the reverse contrast option from Accesibility in the settings menu. But after updating to ICS its gone.
Old 30th July 2012, 21:00   #388
HJD

Overall the app works fine, however loading images is taking a lot of time.
Any one facing similar issues?
Old 30th July 2012, 23:15   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJD
Yes i face similar issues. But i use the Open Browser option and then view the webpage in desktop format. The images load pretty qyick then. Hope this helps. Btw Few other Bhpians have also complained of the same.
Old 31st July 2012, 14:22   #390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJD View Post
HJD & Parthasarathig,

Try going to Settings > Remote Thumbnailer [enable]

See if that makes a difference.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 31st July 2012 at 14:23.
Rehaan is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks