Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2006, 09:33   #31
BHPian

My 2 cents

If you are planning to keep the car stock, go for beam blue. If at some point yuo want to get a body kit and stuff, better go for white. Black would be great, but its too common nowadays.

I have seen a couple of awsome looking balenos in coimbatore. Dont worry about the looks. The baleno looks stunning with just a change of the grill and a front skirts.
Old 20th January 2006, 11:32   #32
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Do you have a comprehension problem by any chance?? What I have posted is undenyingly "MY" opinion and if you got an opinion post it rather than bad mouthing yourself time and again...fyi none of us appreciate it!!! Neither do I own a baleno nor do I dislike the car and my veiws are well justified as I have mentioned why and which colour might compliment the car and even an half brain knows that its only "MY" opinion. Black is my choice for the specific reasons I quoted...

I repeat myself "Baleno is not a naturally great looking car" coz I feel so. Beat that.
Quote:
Baleno is not a naturally great looking car so a right colour preference is very imp. Baleno is prefered for its performance than looks...
I do not have any comprhensive prob .. Ur first two lines dont quite suggest the word " MY OPINION " do they ?? Its more like a general statement downlooking upon cars .. Bad mouthing myself ??? Pls do u want me to remind u again and again whose doing that ( mostly referring to threads that have disappeared ).. If ur intending to say that im a half brain , then lets talk it over sometime soon .. Btw , i didnt know it was a shame to let ur VTEC park next to a baleno ??? If thats an indication of how u evaluate others cars pls go take a hike ..

PS : im outta this , and if u need to argue lets do it over a cup of coffee soon ..

PS2 : mods sorry for the inconvinence, u can delete the post if u find it too offensive .. But i have had enough of some bangy VTEC owners putting down other cars (a baleno moresoever ) so blatantly ..
Old 20th January 2006, 12:19   #33
BHPian

A bit off topic here- I'd put Teflon coating on my car while delivery. Now I find that small-patch up jobs on scratches become dificult because of the teflon coating. Like for a small scratch on the door, the maruti guys had to re-paint the whole door. They said becoz of the Teflon coating, the color wouldn't match otherwise. Is this true?
Now, the parts- Bumper and one door, although the same color, is in a grainy, rough finish as compared to the teflon coated other parts, which are smooth and waxed. Will normal waxing bring about the same effect? Do I have to re put the teflon coating on the painted surfaces? What's in the Teflon coating gurantee? Is it worth the effort and the money to re coat the entire vehicle?
Old 20th January 2006, 12:23   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
But i have had enough of some bangy VTEC owners putting down other cars (a baleno moresoever ) so blatantly ..
Hey cool it, man - am sure VTEC owners would have gotten the same treatment from baleno/lancer owners or vice-versa at some points of time

Back to the topic, I have spotted some balenos in a light blue shade, and it looks really cool from the front-end. The back is another matter though (dont wish to comment as i fear it might get some balenos hot on my tail )

Brighter colours or colours that stand out like blue or black suit a baleno much more than dull colours like white or silver.
Old 20th January 2006, 12:34   #35
BANNED

Before the other VTEC owners dish out on me , let me put it this way ..

I LOVE A VTEC , yes and im being frank .. At the same time i love a baleno too , so too the palio , the indica , the zen , the skoda , the dicor and 100 others.. But something that i have learnt is not to look down upon other cars be it even a M800 .. This topic is about helping our friend vipul choose a colour (moreover when he buying it new,its better not to tell him his choice of car doesnt look good ) and i think thats what we should be discussing about .. For those who want to go VTEC vs Baleno there is a separate thread on that ..

Btw samurai and v1p3r nice pics !!!!

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 20th January 2006 at 12:40.
Old 20th January 2006, 12:47   #36
Senior - BHPian

How I chose the colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipulG
How is the 'Beam Blue' color offered on Baleno. Is it a better alternative to other colors offered ( 2 shades of Silver and White apart from Black)? Does anybody have this color?
Going back to the original Q.

When choosing the colour of my car I asked myself ...

What colour do I like on the Baleno ? - Black !!
What colour is practical to maintain over say 5 yrs ? - Some Silver
Which colour is more visible to other drivers, specially at night ? - Any light colour.

What is the priority of the 3 bold words for me ? -
practical --> visible --> like

So I was stuck with Some Silver and White.
Now I brought the word like into the picture. I thought Silky Silver complemented the stock alloys best. And hence Silky Silver it was ...
Old 20th January 2006, 12:52   #37
Senior - BHPian

Decide on a colour which is not too common. Get a nice variety colour. Blue and Black look real good. But i dunno, u may have probs with fading after a year or two. If u can maintain it, then get these colours. Otherwise better get silver.
Old 20th January 2006, 12:54   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
Going back to the original Q.

When choosing the colour of my car I asked myself ...

What colour do I like on the Baleno ? - Black !!
What colour is practical to maintain over say 5 yrs ? - Some Silver
Which colour is more visible to other drivers, specially at night ? - Any light colour.

What is the priority of the 3 bold words for me ? -
practical --> visible --> like

So I was stuck with Some Silver and White.
Now I brought the word like into the picture. I thought Silky Silver complemented the stock alloys best. And hence Silky Silver it was ...
HHmm .. Very interesting way to select a colour ..
Old 20th January 2006, 13:07   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
close ur eyes and get urself a bleam blue baleno .. Ask the bangy boys how elegant v1p3r's baleno looks .. Given a chance i will go in for a beam blue baleno anyday .. I even remember satan crazy frowing once he saw v1p3r's car .. It was that elegant .. And my personal favourite too ..
Damn, Always wanted to see V1p3r's Baleno.

I bought a pearl silver instead it is elegant allright but doesn't stand out as something special even with fatter tyres, greatalloys, the works et all. I feel that the same is the case with a black baleno.

There are just so many black and pearl silver baleno's that you might not find your car unique.
Old 20th January 2006, 13:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
There are just so many black and pearl silver baleno's that you might not find your car unique.
Well to get a really unique look one can go for decals. Even a silver will stand out then. Maybe a couple of Ford GT style bands down the centre of the body

A friend of mine has 2 such black bands on his yellowish-silver zen, but they run on the edges of the bonnet along the sides of the roof .. lemme diplomatically say, that it looks 'different'
Old 20th January 2006, 13:26   #41
BHPian

Thanks a lot for all replies.
Old 20th January 2006, 13:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey Samurai... Your car looks hot and irresistable...

when i decided to buy an esteem i did not opt for black as the paint job for the esteems long back were not of very good quality.... probably the black esteems i had seen weren't maintained well...

so i settled for pearl silver.... am regretting so much not buying the black.... but yeah the fact remains that at night the vehicle is not very easily visible... this can be good if you want to drive stealth mode or bad cos others can't see you that easily until they r close enough...

and v1p3r's blue bombshell... wow reminds me of the 'vette that was on display in the chevy showroom in blore.
Old 20th January 2006, 13:38   #43
BHPian

esteem's black paint is non metallic, whereas all colors on the baleno (i think 4 colors offered) are all metallic. this gives a rich look to the car.

i have seen quite a lot of black baleno's around banaglore lately.

beam blue is a nice color..maybe with gold alloys it would look damn neat (like the impreza)

beam blue is a very rare color in bangalore and a very few seem to posses that colored car..

so if you want to be unique i would say beam blue

but black looks good on any vehicle..be it a 2 wheeler or a 4 wheeler or an 8 wheeler ( let me say black on a 3 wheeler still does not look good )

this is my 2 paise.....
Old 20th January 2006, 14:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
Never a problem with blue!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya
and v1p3r's blue bombshell... wow reminds me of the 'vette that was on display in the chevy showroom in blore.
Thank you! You have just earned the option of laps in the fake 'vette on track, should I bring it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit1329
beam blue is a nice color..maybe with gold alloys it would look damn neat (like the impreza)
That's the ultimate plan. Now if I can shell out enough money for 15" BBS or Enkei gold wheels...
Old 20th January 2006, 15:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
That's the ultimate plan. Now if I can shell out enough money for 15" BBS or Enkei gold wheels...
Completely off topic but ,
They are real expensive aren't they ? I think I read somewhere that each costs around 15K to 20K. Or is it more than that ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks