Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2010, 20:44   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
i know it's an old thread but wanted to gather some info on OHC before i buy one

1. about the typeI and typeII, did they differ in the tail-light styling? 'coz i've seen some OHCs with baleno-styled tail-lamps too.

2. about the power steering, which year models (1.3 and 1.5) came with power steering? or did all/none of them come with power steering? and how much of a difference does it make?
1. Type 1 had the baleno style tail lamps. Type 2 had clear lens tail lamps, which had the effect to make it look like there were many bulbs inside.

2. Im quite sure all models came with power steering.
Old 21st October 2010, 20:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
1. Type 1 had the baleno style tail lamps. Type 2 had clear lens tail lamps, which had the effect to make it look like there were many bulbs inside.

2. Im quite sure all models came with power steering.
did the type2 come with these tail-lights?
Attached Thumbnails
Help with OHC, NHC Variants-auto1018.jpg  

Old 21st October 2010, 21:17   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
did the type2 come with these tail-lights?
yes exactly those lights.
Old 8th March 2013, 23:32   #19
BHPian

Re: Help with OHC, NHC Variants

Good day.

I had been following this thread and I would like to know about Honda City in certain perspectives.

I buy old cars as hobby and restore them.

I had one Honda City too, it was a mid-2002 1.3 Dx variant with about 45K on the odo. With minor repairs and tyre upgrade it was a fine car to drive, but had to sell it away.

There are a number of them I see available on ads in Kolkata ranging between 95K to 1,5L asking price.

The next model, the 2003~2008 model sells between 2.6 to 4.2 L in the ads, depending on age and variant.

The latest model is selling between 4.95 to 7.9 L on the ads.

I have discussed with mechanics, who speak too highly about the First model, all variants as the best in mechanicals, driving dynamics and comfort.

While for the 2003~2008 model,the opinion is not so good, particularly about the handling and comfort aspect. Looks are also less impressive compared to the latest model.
However , to me this model looks more posh than the first model.

The latest model definitely look very impressive. However I have heard about comfort issues.

I am a bit confused and would like to learn the opinion of members who have actually used them. Also I would like some advise onwhich model to buy out of these models.

Surely I can benefit from our coillective experience. Please let us have your user feedback.

Wram regards
S.Sanyal.
Old 4th June 2015, 23:48   #20
BHPian

Hi ,
Thanks for the post. Can anybody help me understand whether there is any difference in the ground clearance between NHC1, NHC2 and ANHC versions of Honda City?
Thanks
Biju
Old 8th June 2015, 10:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijubalan View Post
Hi ,
Thanks for the post. Can anybody help me understand whether there is any difference in the ground clearance between NHC1, NHC2 and ANHC versions of Honda City?
Thanks
Biju
All 3 are bad. There is a 5mm increase in ANHC which is countered by increased wheelbase.
However ANHC > NHC2 > NHC1 when it comes to bottoming out or crashing over potholes and breakers thanks to stiffer suspension.
Old 14th June 2015, 16:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra View Post
All 3 are bad. There is a 5mm increase in ANHC which is countered by increased wheelbase.
However ANHC > NHC2 > NHC1 when it comes to bottoming out or crashing over potholes and breakers thanks to stiffer suspension.
Thank you goldie_malhotra! That was very informative. Now I am wondering whether the stiffer suspension causes a reduced rear passenger comfort in ANHC or is it unrelated?

Thanks
Biju
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:22   #23
BHPian

I own 2012 ANHC. I have come across some big speed-breakers and crater filled roads. The car doesn't scrape, rather the fixed mud flaps seems to be the culprit. I have personally checked it. Had the mud flaps made of rubber of bendable plastic, things would have been different. 2008-2011 ANHC do suffer from bottom scraping, but you can always increase the ground clearance.

Honda dealers (Highway Honda, Central Honda) facilitate increase in ground clearance modifications. Also, tire upsize will help your cause.

Ride quality differs in ANHCs/2012ANHCs because of different OEM tyres. In my opinion Michelin as the quietest, and it aids to the ride too. While buying the car, I was hell bent for Michelins, even though my car had a different brand in the stockyard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks