Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2014, 12:58   #76
BHPian

Re: Used Tata Manza or Maruti SX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterjeeps View Post
Hello All,

I am looking for a decent used car and my budget is Rs 3 lakhs. I visited few Maruti Truevalue shops and got interested in below 2 options:

1. Maruti SX4 ZXI Petrol - Delhi registered - Rs 3,00,000 (final price). Inclusions are 1 year fresh insurance, RC transfer, VAT charges, 6 months True Value warranty, 3 free services. Car is 2007 model and run 84,000 kms. Tyres brand new Apollo Accelre. Exterior condition very good (just a few non noticeable scratches). Steell Gray color. AC and music system top notch

2. Tata Manza Quadrajet Diesel - Noida registered - Rs 2,50,000 (negotiable a bit). Nov 2009 registered. Insurance till June 2015. Inclusions are RC transfer. Exterior condition just OK as there are lot of scratches and a couple of dents - this is also being offered by Maruti Truevalue center, but not under their truvalue deal of course. Maruti has told they will dent paint exteriors according to my needs. AC needs servicing as there is no cooling. Music system is in-built and just OK

My plan is if I take the SX4 then I will fit CNG immediately, costing me another Rs 25000 - so total cost of car is Rs 3,25,000.

Hence, my question - Rs 3.25 lakhs SX4 on CNG VS. Tata Manza Diesel at around 2.4 lakhs.

Of course I will get the Manza checked by some certified testing center spending around Rs 2000 to have piece of mind.

Or neither? Can I get a better car? My requirement is either a Diesel car or a CNG car - I wont run car on petrol. I can consider Swift or Ritz, but has to be Diesel variant as CNG will eat up boot space.

So I will consider CNG only in a Sedan like SX4 or City.

Please advise I need to finalize by 2-3 days.
Buddy,

I would say go for SX4. There are pros and cons of both the car

Sx4

Pros

1. MASS peace of Mind
2. Equipped with Dual Airbag, ABS, Climate Control (one of the best feature)
3. Reliable car
4. Excellent GC
5. Very good driving position
6. Holds more snobbish value than Manza (my perspective)
7. Petrol engine

Cons
1. Expensive Parts as most of them imported S.G.P
2. Hassle of CNG refilling

Manza

Pros

1. Proven Diesel engine
2.Parts available in aftermarket

Cons

1. TATA stable car
2. As you mentioned AC cooling is less
3. With Diesel engine you will be paying more insurance

I am not sure, about the kilometer Manza has covered

In summary, if I were you, I would have gone ahead with Sx4. Its truly a better looking car then Manza.
amitpunjani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 14:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Search for an SX4 Diesel and see how much you get it, Since I assume you are okay with a Diesel car as your option list has a Manza Diesel.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 15:20   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am looking for a decent used car and my budget is Rs 3 lakhs.

1. Maruti SX4 ZXI Petrol - Delhi registered - Rs 3,00,000 (final price). Inclusions are 1 year fresh insurance, RC transfer, VAT charges, 6 months True Value warranty, 3 free services. Car is 2007 model and run 84,000 kms. Tyres brand new Apollo Accelre. Exterior condition very good (just a few non noticeable scratches). Steell Gray color. AC and music system top notch
Well, I would suggest SX4 over Manza any day. Reasons are shared above. Plus, If you feel it's ok then I would personally like to see the above mentioned vehicle. Also, I have good personal relations with Vipul Motors Noida (Maruti Dealership) so if you feel I can be of any help to you for making your decision then do let me know.

By the way, Which true-value did you visit in Noida? Just in case, if you feel it is worth then lets plan and meet up on Thursday and visit the True Value section of Vipul Motors in Sector 5 Noida. If everything settles down in your favor, who knows you may end up with a better model of SX4 than a 2007 one.

As for your idea of getting an after market CNG fitment done to the vehicle we can be assisted by my uncle for reliable CNG fitting shop for sure.

Thanks.
ad3952n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 18:06   #79
BHPian

Used Tata Manza or Maruti SX4

Hello I recently sold my 2009 model 60k km driven manza Qjet. Bought an Ertiga. If the car is maintained well by previous owner I can assure you that it's gem of a car to own. When I sold the car last month it was still performing well, no rattles ( my ertiga does at times ) and super cheap to maintain from a parts and service perspective. Tata service is not that bad as many non-Tata owners believe. Have a look at the long term ownership threads by Manza owners before you make up your mind.

Last edited by sajanjohn : 20th July 2014 at 18:07.
sajanjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 19:45   #80

Thank You Everyone for your valuable feedback. Team BHP rocks. I just booked the Tata Manza. It has run 47,000 kms which I forgot to mention earlier. The cosmetic condition is not good, so MASS has agreed to do a full body repaint (except roof). They will do s servicing for the car. I got this deal for Rs 2.5 lakhs with fresh insurance and RC transfer.

There is an existing insurance but it is 3rd party - I am not sure why it is 3rd party insurance done - is there any way I can check claim history of the car? Also any link to check service history of the car and any link to check car registration information? I found a link provided but it does not recognize the Regn no or Chassis no.

Thanks to let me know if I made right choice and the addional info I need please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Well, I would suggest SX4 over Manza any day. Reasons are shared above. Plus, If you feel it's ok then I would personally like to see the above mentioned vehicle. Also, I have good personal relations with Vipul Motors Noida (Maruti Dealership) so if you feel I can be of any help to you for making your decision then do let me know.

By the way, Which true-value did you visit in Noida? Just in case, if you feel it is worth then lets plan and meet up on Thursday and visit the True Value section of Vipul Motors in Sector 5 Noida. If everything settles down in your favor, who knows you may end up with a better model of SX4 than a 2007 one.

As for your idea of getting an after market CNG fitment done to the vehicle we can be assisted by my uncle for reliable CNG fitting shop for sure.

Thanks.
Thank you very much sir for your kind offer to help. The SX4 that I checked was in Vipul True Value Sector 5 and there was no other SX4 available.

Anyway, I needed one urgently so I booked the Manza and guess I played blind. Lets see if I get lucky to get a trouble-free car.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st July 2014 at 12:25. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 20th July 2014, 22:02   #81
Senior - BHPian

Re: Used Tata Manza or Maruti SX4?

I believe that you should go for the SX4. This is based on my experience as a satisfied SX4 user.
However I do believe that the price quoted to you for the SX4 is on the higher side. It has too many click on the ODO and is a 2007 model. Just to put things in perspective, I was offered Rs 2.5 Lakh for my SX4 ZXI ( March 2008 ) in June last year when I had booked an Eco sport. At that point in time the car had just 52 K on the odometer.

Please check some sites like Carwale/ OLX etc.
Old 20th July 2014, 22:54   #82

I just got more details on the Manza - it is Aura ABS Euro-III variant and last services at 45280 kms from Urmil Motors (Tata authorized service center). I just hope the car turns out good. The car is getting a full body paint due to lot of scratches.
Old 21st July 2014, 08:01   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

I am looking for a decent used car and my budget is Rs 3 lakhs
Hi,

If you haven't already closed the deal on the Manza than take a look at this too. I had come across this car while searching for a used car for my friend. From the pictures, the car looks quite clean and worth checking.

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-sx4-s521264/
Old 21st July 2014, 08:04   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.. it is Aura ABS Euro-III variant and last services at 45280 kms from Urmil Motors (
I think you have checked the car, and taken a good TD of it. The Manza is one of the better cars from Tata, so no worries there. Along with the service history, do check for any major replacements.
Old 21st July 2014, 09:39   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hi,

If you haven't already closed the deal on the Manza than take a look at this too. I had come across this car while searching for a used car for my friend. From the pictures, the car looks quite clean and worth checking.

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...i-sx4-s521264/
Thanks Buddy. The car does look in immaculate condition. But I already booked the Manza and ased on reviews a Diesel car was better option for me considering I will go on long tours in my car.
Old 21st July 2014, 10:44   #86

Guys, I was about to be in a big soup. I called Tata Motors service center to get service details of the car and they told me an engine overhaul recommended for the Tata Manza for Rs 80000. I immediately made stop payment against the advance cheque I had give to Maruti.

Anyways, back to square one. And I think now I should take more of your advice before jumping to conclusion.

My requirements:

1. Diesel car preferably, if not, then I will have CNG fitment
2. Budget Max Rs 3lakhs
3. Sedan
4. not older than 2007

Can you please suggest which model car should I be looking for?
Old 21st July 2014, 10:56   #87
Senior - BHPian

Both are good vehicles but considering the options you have, SX4 wins the bout.
However, 84,000 kms is a bit of a high mileage considering that a lot of parts will be vulnerable to failure/replacement in the near future.

SX4 with CNG can easily give you a mileage of about 20-21 kms/kg and engine is ideal for CNG conversion.
If you can stretch your budget, you can get a Linea/City(Late type 3)/Dzire.
Old 21st July 2014, 10:57   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I was about to be in a big soup. I called Tata Motors service center to get service details of the car and they told me an engine overhaul recommended for the Tata Manza for Rs 80000. I immediately made stop payment against the advance cheque I had give to Maruti.

Anyways, back to square one. And I think now I should take more of your advice before jumping to conclusion.

My requirements:

2. Budget Max Rs 3lakhs
3. Sedan
4. not older than 2007

Can you please suggest which model car should I be looking for?
Have you tried olx/quikr? Try to buy from direct owners with full service history even if you have to pay more. Tata manza/Renault Logan/fiat linea diesel will satisfy your requirements. Even ford fiesta classic and ford ikon tdci will be good buys. Keep 50k for replacing worn parts.so buy accordingly. enquire around your FNG garages for any available cars.
Old 21st July 2014, 11:27   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My requirements:

2. Budget Max Rs 3lakhs
3. Sedan
4. not older than 2007
So now perhaps you can take a look at that SX4 I mentioned about in the above post. I really doubt that you will get a good diesel sedan under 3L rs. They would all have quite high odo readings or will be quite old. Both scenarios mean that you can never be sure about an upcoming niggle. On the other hand a petrol sedan would be much more easily available in your price range. Starting from the Dzire to Sx4, Honda City, Ford Fiesta etc.

If you are really keen on diesel then take a look at options in the hatchback segments. As a personal prejudice I would stay away from highly run Tata cars. But then thats just my belief.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 15:29   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So now perhaps you can take a look at that SX4 I mentioned about in the above post. I really doubt that you will get a good diesel sedan under 3L rs. They would all have quite high odo readings or will be quite old. Both scenarios mean that you can never be sure about an upcoming niggle. On the other hand a petrol sedan would be much more easily available in your price range. Starting from the Dzire to Sx4, Honda City, Ford Fiesta etc.

If you are really keen on diesel then take a look at options in the hatchback segments. As a personal prejudice I would stay away from highly run Tata cars. But then thats just my belief.
The SX4 you pointed me is already sold :( For a petrol sedan, my budget wud be Rs 2.5 lakhs as I would need to fit CNG.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks